don't click here

Sonic for SegaCD

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Stealth, Nov 29, 2005.

1. SMTP

SMTP

Tech Member
    :lol: Must be a "don't ASK FOR SOURCE" :P

I knew it was in there somewhere, but I couldnt find it. So I posted just to make sure...

2. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    I've been on this forum just for a few weeks, but I think I already figured out that Stealth never gives his source codes...

(just like I do... the problem is that he is a very good hacker, I'm a turd lol)

3. Lostgame

Lostgame

producer/turnablist. homebrew dev. cosplayer. Oldbie
    Toronto, ON
    The O.I.C.
    Haha, sig'd.

4. drx

drx

mfw Researcher
    :rolleyes:
    must be a "I am a fucking retard and I think I am so important that I can bash everybody just because he doesn't read every single post I make"

5. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    You lame ass fucker!

6. Stealth

Stealth

Tech Member
    Sonic Mania, HCGE, Sonic Megamix, SonED2, [...]

7. drx

drx

mfw Researcher
    :rolleyes:
    see, that's exactly why I reacted. I know it can be annoying, but not all people know you or know your rules (or read every post of yours). You could reply in a different way. Not that I care, but I hate when people think they can jump on everybody just because they feel like it.

8. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    He's made it very clear on many occasions that he never has, nor ever intends to release the source code to his programs and/or hacks, unless stated otherwise. Asking is just a lost cause...

9. SMTP

SMTP

Tech Member
    Nor have I been around much in the past 2 years to know that. =P

Besides, I said: "Is the source code availiable for this?" not "Where is the download link for the source." :P

10. Stealth

Stealth

Tech Member
    I didn't "jump on everybody", that was frustration. I type garbage when I'm frustrated. That's literally almost exactly what I said out loud when I read that for what has to be the one billionth time. If you wanna talk "jumping on people":

That was both incorrect and unnecessarily inflamatory. It didn't concern you, and it seems as if you were trying to provoke me. You could have just posted what you said this time instead and been done with it. And besides that:

That, coupled with the fact that he POSTED in response to the SonED2 thread, in which I clearly stated my position and that it applies to ALL of my projects. That's where he posted this:

The bolded part is self-contradictory, because if it were not a "request", he would not have posted it in that thread, because the only reason for "voicing a desire" like that in that thread would be in hopes that it will affect whether or not I would implement such a thing, which keeps it in violation of this statement:

And just for clarification, that same thread is where these statements appear:

So he is fully aware that he has violated two of my statements. I'm not god, it's not law, but for fuck's sake, if I say it's going to annoy me, please show some decency and don't purposefully annoy me

I'm sick of people not leaving me to do whatever I'm going to do in my own time. I don't want people asking me for or demanding things that I'm either not finished with or have my own personal reasons for protecting. I don't want people asking for/demanding things I haven't done yet because oftentime I have already planned/tried to do it, and I don't want all kinds of people going around everywhere patting themselves on the back because they MADE me do something that I tried to do of my own accord. These are my projects, I will do what I want with them when I want to, and I absolutely will not bend to other people's will in doing them. Maybe I want to be nice, maybe I want to do some (not all) of these things. But when non-unique requests and demands start coming in high quantities, it's no longer "nice", or a "contribution", it's fulfilling a task set by someone who thinks they're in a position to tell me what to do. You talk about wanting this to be fun, drx. When this happens to me, it is not fun. I get an almost constant influx of posts and emails asking for/demanding features/sourcecode, and I'm absolutely sick of it. What I said at the beginning of this paragraph.. it should be common sense. Be courteous, don't pester people. Don't be so bold as to think you're the only one that wants something and are therefore the only one to ask. Whether I want to do it conciously or not, you all become a single humungous mass of annoyance. As many years as I've been doing things like this, and for as long as I've had to deal with these things, and in such frequency, I think I'm well within my rights to be frustrated and, in response to more of the same thing, post:

11. SMTP

SMTP

Tech Member
    As I posted in that thread: it was not a REQUEST it was a PERSONAL OPINION.

and this part:
    I didn't see that. Nonetheless it was not posted to annoy...

12. Stealth

Stealth

Tech Member
    I can shit on a table and call it a hundred dollar bill, doesn't mean the clerk will let me on my way with my items and some change

I don't go into burger king, stand in front of the cashier, and say "I'd like a whopper meal, plain, add cheese and bacon, king-size" and not expect to get a whopper with only cheese and bacon on it, with a humungous pack of fries and a humungous drink

I might believe that if it weren't for this:
    Mind explaining that?

Don't be an illiterate, please. If you're going to get involved with something that someone has written about, read it all. If you don't, all it does in the end is frustrate everyone

13. SMTP

SMTP

Tech Member
    Because I didn't want to read through 7 pages of the same post on a 56k. Besides the fact that it actually isn't posted in this thread.

14. Stealth

Stealth

Tech Member
    Always trying to find "loopholes"

You responded to the thread that was in. It was in the first post, which was relatively small. You could have read that very easily, which is what I just asked you to do. You're dodging the issue of why you supposedly didn't see that

Don't sit there and tell me that you honestly believe that it doesn't apply to this thread just because it pre-dates the SonED2 one. That would be very sad

This is exactly why I've started tagging my new posts with statements like that, to avoid this kind of crap. But then I get people like you thinking they are smart and can somehow dodge them. In this respect, you are not smart. You are only showing arrogance ("Yes, I have the power to get whatever I want from everyone no matter what").

If someone does not give you something, tell you that they will give you something, or make a valid implication that they will give you something free or for an exchange (one example being the exchange of money for goods/services at an established place of business), assume they do not intend to give it to you, and do not ask for it. I have never in my life done that to anyone, much less made them out to be some kind of monster for not supplying everything that is demanded reguardless of it's nature, which I am frequently told that I am

This is to everyone:
    STOP IT.

15. SMTP

SMTP

Tech Member
    Damn right, Because I'm fucking tried of pointless bitching.

16. Stealth

Stealth

Tech Member
    Yes, it is pointless, isn't it? It makes you out to look bad, and only comes up in rebuttal when you have something stupid to say yourself, so obviously, it has no point, and is to be ignored.

If you were tired of it, you wouldn't be reading it, anyway, especially when you hate loading pages with your 56k (which, by the way, I am also stuck with, AND it's shared over a network where it's constantly in use by two separate computers with two separate users at the same time, and that doesn't prevent me from reading everything I need to read before posting responses and making an idiot out of myself)

You just have nothing left to say in your defense, and have nothing to respond with except a simple flame. If you can't live with yourself knowing what you've done wrong, that's fine with me, as long as you don't start just plain trashing my threads. If you can get on with it, having said my peace, I can get on with it too.

17. SMTP

SMTP

Tech Member
    I fail to see how one makes a fool of oneself just because they did NOT see a simple line of text.

Besides like I said when I posted, it was not meant to annoy, or start this pointless flaming.

18. Stealth

Stealth

Tech Member
    You're still dodging issues. You're still avoiding the question of how you missed it in the other thread in the first place, and why it should matter that you have a 56k when it's on the first page, the ONLY page that existed at the time you first responded to it. You're fighting to hard to explain away problems with irrelevant statements. That is when "one makes a fool of oneself". If there is no reason that I can except, then try "well, I did it, I'm sorry, and I will keep this in mind in the future", and not "well it's ok that I did because blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah and so I can never be wrong. I'll do it again if I want"

Also, again:
    If the bolded text is true, why did you bother to ask?

EDIT:

I haven't said anything that is pointless, and I'm not doing any flaming. I haven't used swears in dramatic abundance to invoke intimidation/anger, I haven't said anything derogatory that wasn't relevant, and I certainly haven't flat out lied or anything like that. I've only been stating my case with relevant reference to fact

19. SMTP

SMTP

Tech Member
    The next part of the sentence states: "but I couldnt find it. So I posted just to make sure." Which would show that I did not know for sure. A simple "no" would have avoided the whole thing.

I didn't mean pointless per-se, I mean how the whole thing turned into all this when it could have been solved so easily from the beginning with a decent response.

20. Stealth

Stealth

Tech Member
    Then, if you had to say anything like that at all, you should have said "I thought it might be" instead of "I knew it was". Besides, as long as you got the point, I wasn't going to argue that with you. It was a point I made to drx because he seems to think that it's his business that this upsets me

Yes, you're right, it could have been solved earlier. It could have been solved by you not being presumptuous enough to ask me for something that you KNOW I told EVERYONE not to ask me for, it could have been solved by drx NOT coming into a "conversation"/argument that wasn't his business and outright flaming me, it could have been solved by him not going on to otherwise "confront" me about how he thinks this is a "problem", and it could have been solved by you accepting that what you said was problematic rather than trying to explain it away by making more and more posts that make little-to-no-sense in regard to the matter at hand after I use it in stating my position to drx. Yes, this could have been solved by decent responses (and/or lack of response)

But have you ever considered that I might be tired of HAVING to give "a decent response"? At the end of the day, in my life, you are part of "the public". One giant festering ugly mass that can't force enough out of me. I can't separate you no matter how hard I try, and I shouldn't have to. If you had actually been reading up to this point, it all leads up to why I'm so frustrated, and in particular, why I'm so frustrated with you, since you thought it was a good idea to push that issue. I shouldn't have to deal with this pressure. You shouldn't selfishly presume that it's ok for you as an individual to apply pressure to me. No matter how many individual people are involved, even if they come one at a time, it is ONE problem.