don't click here

SNES: Street Fighter II

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Tiberious, Nov 6, 2006.

1. Tiberious

Tiberious

Yeah, I'm furry. Got a problem? Oldbie
    So, we might know about the various SF2 hacks out there that add the bosses as playable characters, but they all use the same damned out-of-order character select, where the top 6 are (in order) Ryu, E.Honda, Blanka, Guile, Ken, Chun Li and bottom 6 are (again, in order) Zangief, Dhalsim, M.Bison, Sagat, Balrog and Vega.

Well, I went in to try to fix (make equal to Champion Edition) this haphazard ordering, and succeeded... partially.

I've managed to get the ART to go in the right spots, but the actual characters are still in their oddball places (as now, only the first 4 are correct).

The order I'm GOING for is:
    Top Row: Ryu, Honda, Blanka, Guile, Balrog, Vega
    Bottom Row: Ken, Chun Li, Zangief, Dhalsim, Sagat, Bison

Is there anyone that might be able to help with this?

Note: See the attached picture for an idea of what I've managed, and what I'm trying to change.

Edit: Might help if I provided a copy of the actual ROM, wouldn't it? If you need it, fire me a PM.

2. MathUser

MathUser

3rd top wiki contributor Researcher
    Send me a link to this hack. And you should put it in ips form also, and have it hosted at romhacking.net. They are a pretty good host for rom hacks.

3. Tiberious

Tiberious

Yeah, I'm furry. Got a problem? Oldbie
    Not until the thing can really be fixed up...

Besides, this ISN'T my hack. I'm just trying to make it like SF2CE in another small way.

I have very little in the way of REAL hacking skills, and I'm surprised I managed to get even that much done.

Anyway, as it stands, 'Balrog' is really Ken, 'Vega' is Chun Li, 'Ken' shows Zangief, 'Chun Li' is Dhalsim, and then it gets even MORE odd...

The Zangief box is M.Bison, Dhalsim's Sagat, , Sagat's box lets you choose Balrog, and M.Bison's box has Vega in it.

After that, I'd want to go in and change things around so that
    1) Vega can actually do the triangle jump, change his Flying Barcelona/Izuna Drop to only work as a fence-climb in his own stage, then maybe
    2) fix up all the bad commands... Sagat uses QCB+K to throw his low Tiger Shot...

All-in-all, it's really a pretty bad hack...

4. MathUser

MathUser

3rd top wiki contributor Researcher
    I guess it'll be a new way to play the game. Hopefully it won't have any moves that cause the game to crash.