don't click here

Rare Sonic Art (And restoring it)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by JackSkellinghog, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Truner

Truner

Wow, what sorcery did you use to get me that answer?

I can see the Sonic X logo just fine, thank you. Except that Sonic X is an anime, a series of comic books, a novel-style book series... I don't remember seeing this pose in the anime, I only have 3 shitty DVDs, 1-20 of the Archie comics and two season three novel adaptations, none of them featuring this art.

2. Adamis

Adamis

Gimme waffles! Oldbie
    Belgium
    Lammy and "Fafnir"
    Wow, so much for trying to help you.

Maybe, you know, there are more Sonic X artworks than those on your Sonic X merchandises ? You know, because you don't own every pictures. :psyduck:
    And I've seen that picture several times myself. It is random stock art from the anime, period.

3. Truner

Truner

Yeah, because telling me a name I can clearly see on the box is really helpful.

That aside, I've searched for this picture before, never finding a clean version of it. Wait, I don't even remember seeing any other version of this picture. That's why I'm here.

EDIT: I guess my answer came out kinda jerkish, sorry about that. Didn't mean to offend you.

4. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Sonic Paradise Researcher
    Spain
    Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
    Sorry to bump all this really old pic but...the fuck is that? Some sort of beta-ish tails?

I hope someone is wikifyng everything from this thread, because there are gems here

5. Adamis

Adamis

Gimme waffles! Oldbie
    Belgium
    Lammy and "Fafnir"
    These pictures come from the old 1992 Sonic mangas.

6. Professor-J

Professor-J

I have the full version of that somewhere... I'll try and dig it out at some point. It was used on Sonic X capsule machines :)

7. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    This brings back memories. It's from the same artist who used to draw proto-Amy and proto-Charmy in his comics.

And I hope somebody is wikifying the source for each pic as well...

8. Truner

Truner

That would be amazing. I'm not a fan of the Sonic X artstyle/artworks, but this one picture is just pure awesomeness.

9. Arctides

Arctides

I am a bloated bag of hate. Oldbie
  10. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Looking good! :)

11. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Yes!

If anyone was paying attention to the Generations Megathread topic you'll notice that Melpontro got a 3DS capture board and has been getting everything from gameplay vids to concept art from the 3DS version in HQ!

Go get it, the image itself isn't that big but its more clear then any grainy shakecam 3DS vid.

12. Is there any cool vectored Sonic arts, preferably from Japan from the mid 90s? That art style kicks ass, and I am thinking of getting a tattoo of one of them. Just not sure what one yet.

13. Twimfy

Twimfy

UK
    Sonic the Comic stuff
    Slightly off topic but does anyone know if a large hi-res version of this picture exists anywhere:

[​IMG]

I only ask because it's my favourite piece of Sonic Artwork and I'd love to turn it into a print (it was my first ever Sonic game way back in '92 when I got a Master System for Christmas).

14. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    I know there's high resolution scans of that cover at SMS Power, but if you mean something official from SEGA's archives, I don't believe it's ever been unearthed.

That said, has anybody kept track of all those logo-less covers that were once posted at Sonic Cult? Those were quite awesome.

15. Twimfy

Twimfy

UK
    Sonic the Comic stuff

Cool thanks, will have a look.

16. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Weren't most those from the Sonic Screen Saver?

17. Mercury

Mercury

His Name Is Sonic Tech Member
    Location Location
    AeStHete

18. You mean to tell me there were fucking six of these goddamn things and I didn't know about it?

19. woun

woun

Change your world Member
    yup. I get it.
    [​IMG]

20. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    I love you. Many thanks.

Looks like it, but these had a much higher resolution.