don't click here

Overscan Mask Options for Genesis/Mega Drive Games

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Willie, Nov 19, 2017.

1. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    Higan is my favorite emulator for SNES games because of its insane accuracy and useful options. One of my favorite features is the Overscan Mask settings that lets me crop the gameplay so there isn't any unused space. I set the virtual overscan to 8 pixels for most games and 16 pixels for a game like Yoshi's Island which uses less visual space than most SNES games. I primarily use Kega Fusion for Genesis emulation and I've always hated the blank (or barely used) space on the top and bottom for most NTSC games. Is there a way I can access more advanced settings to the emulator so I can adjust that information? Or alternatively, would you suggest a different emulator with those settings that has comparable or superior accuracy? Higan offers Genesis emulation, but its current accuracy is less than ideal.

2. Mask of Destiny

Mask of Destiny

Tech Member
    BlastEm has configurable overscan and is very accurate overall. Currently, the UI is quite primitive so you can't change the config without editing the config file manually. If you're comfortable with that though, it will do what you want. Next major release should have a UI for that, but I don't have an ETA on when that will be done.

3. Aesculapius Piranha

Aesculapius Piranha

つづく Oldbie
    Unknown
    Diva
    404 on that link

4. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Fixd.

5. Mask of Destiny

Mask of Destiny

Tech Member
    Whoops. Thanks for posting the correct link. I've gone and fixed my nginx config, so the original should work now too.