don't click here

Halloween 2014: Let's Go Emerald Hunting

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Cinossu, Oct 31, 2014.

1. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    If you set your post display to the default, it actually goes higher than any of the selectable options, and that way the Member's Lounge "only" has 82 pages.

Also, it seems to me that clicking on the next page NUMBER instead of the arrow seemed to load a bit faster for whatever reason. I still haven't discerned a reliable way to quickly hone in on which topic an emerald is in once I get to the page. For a while I was holding my mouse in one spot and quickly scrolling down the list, but I tended to miss it that way. It's also not a bad idea to hold that CTRL button and scroll in and out as you play.

Maybe we should write one of those OFFICIAL strategy guides for the game.

2. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

When it comes to finding the topic, I quickly tap the down arrow on my keyboard (holding it makes the page go too fast) at the same time I move my mouse up and down. As soon as I notice the radar change slightly, I can find the post easily in that area generally at the bottom of the page.

3. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

This is totally amazing, having more fun with this than the actual levels in Sonic Adventure 2!

Excellent work! :specialed:

4. Mecha Sally

Mecha Sally

Oldbie
    ...how did I not know this? O_O Thank you!

5. Blivsey

Blivsey

Charismatic Sonicaholic Member
    Gave it another shot to see if it would start working, but it didn't, and when I clicked to end early I got AJAXEND'd.

...Man, all these F Ranks on my record. :(

6. CybeastID

CybeastID

This is fun. I wish it would stick around permanently.

...I wish more sites would do this kind of thing...

7. Conando

Conando

Is not, in fact, Raphael Member
    Lynn, MA
    MarioMedia.net FTP
    I lost it when the music changed in the Member's Lounge (which is incidentally where most of my Emerald Shards have been). This just might be the greatest joke yet.

8. Chris Highwind

Chris Highwind

Statesville, NC
    Slacking
    Don't worry, everything Cinossu makes for the site tends to stick around permanently using various codes you can enter in the forums itself.

9. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    Anyone else consistently get their emeralds in the trash? Or on their first go? :specialed:

[inlinespoiler]quite frankly that'd be a much more appropriate area to put the music change given the quality of the music.[/inlinespoiler]

10. Pacca

Pacca

ASM amateur Member
    Labyrinth Zone
    Sonic 2 CD Remix
    Is the whole emblem thing gonna stick around once knuckles leaves? I really want to keep track of this stuff for the future :D

@Chimera: I've never gotten a single emerald in the trash. I thought it avoided the trashed posts XP

11. Conando

Conando

Is not, in fact, Raphael Member
    Lynn, MA
    MarioMedia.net FTP
    Nope, I found an emerald in the trash topics once. The RNG seems to like Member's Lounge and General Gaming for me. Which is fine with me, because the music change in the Member's Lounge still hasn't gotten old to me.

12. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    Well, assuming that the RNG really does choose three entirely random posts, and the Member's Lounge has more posts than any other subforum, it makes sense that it comes up so often. I barely go a round without it.

13. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    My understanding is the RNG is entirely random, but it'll only ever pick posts that you have access to ie Trial Members won't see posts in the Oldbie Lounge.

14. Elratauru

Elratauru

Little Shiny Emurralds Member
    I know I'm late to the party but as the web developer that I am, I found this pretty cool. Iframes being useful for something finally. I loled when the Hack detection screen came out :v: Some cool effects here and there too.

15. Late to the party but this is probably one of the most amazing recreations of a game's UI made with HTML that I've ever seen :v:

16. Tiberious

Tiberious

Yeah, I'm furry. Got a problem? Oldbie
    I just had a bug happen to me. Following the color-coding, it led me to a topic in SCARZ, but it never turned orange, and there was only one page.

Not sure if there were some trashed posts linked to it, but it screwed my strategy up, and ended up just quitting out.

Edit: The bug happened again, in the "I hope Wetflame is dead" topic in SCARZ. Radar wouldn't go past yellow, no matter what page of the 5 I was on.

17. Baldy McNosehair

Baldy McNosehair

I can't lower my standards, so up yours. Banned
    Grad School
    What do we unlock if we collect 180 emblems? Could there perhaps be a Green Hill skin for Sonic Retro? While lurking is its own reward, and I did unearth a funny trash thread about a guy's relationship problems that loops Reactive Factory emerald hunting, it would be cool if there was something to unlock out of this given all the other cool secret shit Retro has. I felt like linking to it, but then somebody else might be deprived of the same fun I had listening to this.

EDIT: There are some issues with one of Retro's skins that has become obsolete. Maybe this would be a fun way to kill two birds with one stone. A "new" classic skin, oxymoronic as it sounds.

18. gabario

gabario

I just got the emerald hunt now but it's not Halloween? And it always stayed blue no matter how many pages of the member lounge I scrolled through. :v:/>

19. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    It went up on Halloween, but it's not on a timer or anything. It's been up this entire time.

You have to try literally every page until you find the right one. This can take a while, so the best thing you can do is have a fast internet connection and set the forum to display as many topics per page as possible.

20. AkumaYin

AkumaYin

I just got an issue where I hover over all of the forums but the radar remains silent, forcing me to forfeit the current hunt. Is this a mistake, or is it in a hidden forum or some other place?