don't click here

General Project Screenshot/Video Thread

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Tweaker, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Some Frosty Peak Zone stuff... and... Knuckles.

2. Zud

Zud

Nice! Are you remaking the entire game with newer more player friendly level design, or just demonstrating it in the first levels?

3. DeltaWooloo

DeltaWooloo

Be a boss-man and come to my big and tall man shop Member
    I'm planning to release a demo with 4 zones complete, the last two will be hard but not to Kazio standards but there will be fun and a neat remix to the original zones.

4. brandonj

brandonj

Figure this fits here, one of the projects I'm working on is Sonic Forces Overclocked and recently we decided to show off some screenshots of an upcoming stage, Eclipse Forest:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Also shameless plug incoming but Overclocked has a Twitter page you can check out to look at these screenshots and learn a bit more the project if you're unfamiliar: https://twitter.com/SFOverclocked

5. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    I've been following this project closely for a while now. Great to know you have an account here.

6. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    [​IMG]

7. DeltaWooloo

DeltaWooloo

I managed to make a really nice act results screen; it feels like everything blends in together.

Ignore Act 2 as level design is still incomplete as of the day I published this!

8. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

It's coming, I swear:

9. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    Very very cool, looks like the best fleshed-out rendition of Wood in a ROM hack yet. I'd love to see some kind of parallax in the background to top it all off.

10. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Sprucing up the background is something I wanna do, but I wanna see how much VRAM the level assets take up first before adding level tiles or other details.

I'm also pondering whether to try and make it VS compatible, which would naturally mean more VRAM taken.

11. Zycor

Zycor

Unlike Sonic, I don't chuckle. Member
    Beats me.
    I don't know why, but she looks rather stiff in her running animations there. Is that how it was on Sonic Advance and the difference was that Sonic Advance is on a small screen so it was less noticeable? It doesn't look bad, it just looks stiff.

12. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Maybe it's because I took the little bounce off of the running animation so now Amy just sprints static besides her legs like the other characters do. I could reinsert it if people don't like the change.

13. ...I should really get around to making a thread for this hack, shouldn't I?

...Either ways, here's Arid Valley, in all its incomplete glory. Of course, by "incomplete" I mean "No lower background at all".

14. brandonj

brandonj

15. Personally, I hate it when people take out the running "bob" from the characters. I don't get why so many people use sonic's sonic cd walking sprites for stuff, they look unnatural.

Also, just complaining here, but sonic shouldn't just slap his legs around to run in like in most 3d fangames. I think Adventure 1 and Advance 2 are the best examples of how sonic should look running imo, and they've become my inspiration for animating running for anything in general. :p

16. vladikcomper

vladikcomper

Tech Member
    Sonic Warped
    I felt nostalgic and decided to start a video-compilation of all the custom bosses I've programmed to this day. There are actually plenty of them, some of which you may never heard of (others may be familiar though, if you played my hacks), so I believed they were worth recording and organizing for historical purposes.

The first part (this video) covers mostly early 2010s. One of the bosses here was never released, so it's the first time (in almost 10 years) it's being showcased.
    Later parts will cover some of the more recent stuff.

17. DeltaWooloo

DeltaWooloo

I got some new updates for my hack that I showed in Discord, and I'd figured I would show it here:

ASIA000.png
    Another South Island Adventure is the hack's last name and has NOTHING to do with Hivebrain's South Island Adventure.
    qweq432235.PNG

eqwq4121231.PNG

[ eqweqwedasdasdasdasdasdsad.PNG

I will add speed boosters in Star Light and Spring Yard; however, it won't be in GHZ, and I will change the art here.

eqweq324234.PNG

Next Friday, it will be my birthday, so I'd figured to celebrate, I'm going to upload a video to show my hack progress. Everything you have to see here isn't final and will be updated.

18. Cioss

Cioss

France
    upload_2021-3-20_16-43-1.png
    ENDLESS TRASH

19. Xeric

Xeric

Workington, England
    S3K Mighty Sheet
    May aswell post this here. Putting my Honey sprite sheet to some use!

Attached Files:

• hon.png
      hon.png
      File size:
      163.4 KB
      Views:
  20. rata

rata

Argentina
    Trying to be useful somehow.
    Fan character? I always love to see those, do you have more of it?