don't click here

Complete Sonic Triple Trouble Maps

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Noah Copeland, Mar 31, 2018.

1. Noah Copeland

Noah Copeland

(Forgive me if this is the wrong place to post this, if it is, please tell me)

Hi guys. I was trying to get a map of Tidal Plant Act 2 from Sonic Triple Trouble for research (someone may know I'm doing that STT remake). Retro has most of the maps for Triple Trouble, but for whatever reason, the map of TPZ Act 2 is not complete and seems to cut off about halfway through.
    So I managed to reconstruct the rest by hand (it was tedious, lemme tell ya). So I figured I might as well post it here for those that might need it or want to use it :)/>/>

[​IMG]

2. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

DON'T TRUST THIS MAN Member
    Oh wow. I actually remember checking the Retro version map to see if there were any hidden rooms or areas I missed. Glad to see there ultimately wasn't too much in the way of branching paths. Nice work!

Are there any other maps that have been cropped or trimmed? I don't recall any others but ya never know..

3. Noah Copeland

Noah Copeland

I think one of the special stages is cut off as well. Working on that, too.

(and to be fair, I could have missed some secret rooms, but it should be pretty thorough)

4. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    Wait, what? :O

Color me interested, that is my favourite Sonic game you're talking about. If there's anything I can do to help, feel free to ask, I mean it. I might be out of the loop, but you can't just mention Sonic Triple Trouble without activating my radar.

5. Noah Copeland

Noah Copeland

Yeah, it's been something I've been working with a few other people. Reveal trailer is here if you wanna see it (though we've changed some art since then, lots of placeholder stuff here)

But yeah, should have Special Stage 3 map up soon as well. Not quite as detailed but still a little more complete.

6. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Good luck with your project :D Hitaxas' ancient hack 'Sonic Super Deformed' had similar art for the 1st zone (I'm talking about your remade Turquoise Hill).

Take a look

7. Endgame

Endgame

Formerly The Growler Member
    Awesome work there Noah, both with the map and the game! I hope we eventually get a 16-bit version of every single 8-bit Sonic game :D

The one I've always wanted to have a 16-bit version of, is Sonic Chaos (and the GG/MS version of Sonic 1)!

8. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    You should make it a hack instead of a fangame.

Maybe leave that option open later when you finish the fangame?

9. Noah Copeland

Noah Copeland

Here is Special Stage 3, though it looks like a hackjob right now (because it is), it's enough to be helpful as a guide if someone needs it. I may go back and make it look better (but probably not). So yeah, if you're having trouble getting this emerald, this'll help at least XD

[​IMG]

10. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG

Oldbie
    Has anyone ever fully remade 'any' of the Big 5 2D GG/MS games? (1, 2, Chaos, TT, Blast)

Looking forward to a completed STT remake, that's for sure.

11. FollOw

FollOw

The sun sets forever over Black Water Park Oldbie
    I didnt know I wanted this....until now....How complete is it?

12. Noah Copeland

Noah Copeland

Not that I'm aware of. That's why I'm remaking TT. I was actually surprised that no one has ever finished one!

Eh, it's hard for me to gauge. You'd think it'd be easy to give a percentage since we have a finished 8-bit game as a reference, but there are some translating and re-balancing things that I'm toying with to make it work as a Genesis-style Sonic game. Every stage does exists and is playable in a very rough form at this point. I'll say this, yall will see a playable demo at SAGE in August this year.