CynicalSonicGuy's Recent Activity

1. CynicalSonicGuy rated Dek Rollins's post Agree in the thread The younger fandom, and how they learned from exactly none of our mistakes..

SA2's cinematics are the best in any 3D Sonic game, that's for sure. This is true, but it's also difficult to get behind certain things...

Apr 3, 2020 at 2:45 AM
  2. CynicalSonicGuy replied to the thread The younger fandom, and how they learned from exactly none of our mistakes..

I feel like the 'dark and edgy' stuff about that era is a bit blown out of proportion. These games also had: Wacky campy scenes, such...

Apr 3, 2020 at 2:02 AM
  3. CynicalSonicGuy rated Frostav's post Agree in the thread The younger fandom, and how they learned from exactly none of our mistakes..

I literally constantly stated that I don't think Colors lives up to either the classic or adventure games in tone and setting to...

Apr 3, 2020 at 1:32 AM
  4. CynicalSonicGuy rated Wafer's post Agree in the thread Sonic the Hedgehog (2020) movie.

Hard agree on both points here. Maybe I'm just old and crotchety, but I found the riddum and lyrics uninspiring, and frankly once you...

Apr 2, 2020 at 8:25 AM
  5. CynicalSonicGuy replied to the thread The younger fandom, and how they learned from exactly none of our mistakes..

Man, 2007 was one hell of a year, HOO BOY. Sparks were flying everywhere, and the fanbase was at each others' throats at every turn over...

Apr 2, 2020 at 8:13 AM
  6. CynicalSonicGuy rated Dek Rollins's post Agree in the thread The younger fandom, and how they learned from exactly none of our mistakes..

I agree with a lot of what Frostav said in his block of text, but as you guys say, some of the things in there are hyperbolic and kind...

Apr 2, 2020 at 7:57 AM
  7. CynicalSonicGuy replied to the thread The younger fandom, and how they learned from exactly none of our mistakes..

Alright everyone, calm down. This argument is just going to keep going around in circles. There's really no winning from any side here...

Apr 2, 2020 at 3:55 AM
  8. CynicalSonicGuy rated Frostav's post Agree in the thread The younger fandom, and how they learned from exactly none of our mistakes..

Look, what I mean here is that I'm an Adventure kid, and the tone of SA1 and SA2 are gone and in their place is just awful shit. See,...

Apr 2, 2020 at 1:23 AM
  9. CynicalSonicGuy rated Frostav's post Agree in the thread The younger fandom, and how they learned from exactly none of our mistakes..

Colors is very consistent, yes. Unfortunately what it's consistent at is being a soulless, dispassionate, tedious slog so that's not...

Apr 2, 2020 at 1:16 AM
  10. CynicalSonicGuy replied to the thread The younger fandom, and how they learned from exactly none of our mistakes..

I'm in the camp that just thinks Colors is okay at best. It's not what I'd personally want out of Sonic, and I felt the game was dragged...

Apr 2, 2020 at 12:12 AM
  11. CynicalSonicGuy replied to the thread What approach should 3D Sonic take next?.

I really liked how Sonic Project 06 (a fan-made remake of 06 made in Unity) handles Ranks and scores. You don't necessarily need to be...

Mar 31, 2020 at 6:38 AM
  12. CynicalSonicGuy rated Azookara's post Agree in the thread What approach should 3D Sonic take next?.

That'd be pretty boring and regressive. Not even to mention that most of those demands have been met to various extents in recent games...

Mar 27, 2020
  13. CynicalSonicGuy replied to the thread What approach should 3D Sonic take next?.

No fun. In all seriousness, the closest you have to that is Sonic Utopia.

Mar 27, 2020
  14. CynicalSonicGuy rated Azookara's post Agree in the thread What approach should 3D Sonic take next?.

Do Sonic Adventure's gameplay again. I'm not kidding, I think the tempo and flow of that game is great. Sonic's speed is only...

Mar 27, 2020