CynicalSonicGuy's Recent Activity

1. CynicalSonicGuy replied to the thread "Multiple" new Sonic games planned for 2021.

After seeing Forces and TSR, I don't think Sonic games will be all that graphically intensive anymore. If Naka and Ohshima's new Ballan...

Sep 17, 2020 at 5:10 AM
  2. CynicalSonicGuy rated Beltway's post Agree in the thread Sonic Forces Thread.

Re: fans and demographics: I'm calling it as dumping on fans because your previous posts are and have been strictly critical of the...

Sep 16, 2020 at 4:51 AM
  3. CynicalSonicGuy replied to the thread Complimenting Sonic X.

Fair enough, I guess.

Sep 16, 2020 at 4:32 AM
  4. CynicalSonicGuy replied to the thread Complimenting Sonic X.

Sonic X doesn't need karma based humor, that might be your personal preference, but the humor it has works fine, and it's used in...

Sep 16, 2020 at 4:17 AM
  5. CynicalSonicGuy rated Dek Rollins's post Agree in the thread Complimenting Sonic X.

The "morbid deaths" in the show are all well-done tonal shifts that flow with the story naturally. Children can handle sadness. Let me...

Sep 16, 2020 at 4:11 AM
  6. CynicalSonicGuy replied to the thread Complimenting Sonic X.

X has some serious moments, but they're spread out. The series has more lighthearted moments than serious ones. You're once again taking...

Sep 16, 2020 at 3:55 AM
  7. CynicalSonicGuy rated Dek Rollins's post Agree in the thread Complimenting Sonic X.

The characters don't get their "comeuppance" because that would be useless and stupid most of the time. They are the way they are and...

Sep 16, 2020 at 3:24 AM
  8. CynicalSonicGuy replied to the thread Complimenting Sonic X.

Sounds to me that you're just taking everything way too seriously. It's a kids' anime, the characters are friends and like to mess with...

Sep 16, 2020 at 3:24 AM
  9. CynicalSonicGuy rated Dek Rollins's post Agree in the thread Complimenting Sonic X.

The humor is way better in Japan. Like in the tournament plot when Amy is surprised that Bokkun has a name (where in the dub they just...

Sep 16, 2020 at 3:21 AM
  10. CynicalSonicGuy replied to the thread Complimenting Sonic X.

Again, you're reading waaaaaay too much into things. Amy acting the way she did is a pretty standard 'tsundere' anime trope. Anime girls...

Sep 15, 2020 at 5:46 PM
  11. CynicalSonicGuy replied to the thread Complimenting Sonic X.

Oops, somehow I double posted.

Sep 15, 2020 at 5:42 PM
  12. CynicalSonicGuy replied to the thread Complimenting Sonic X.

Knuckles gets picked on a bit, but Sonic and the gang aren't outright 'nasty' towards him. In the Japanese version, Cosmo tells Knuckles...

Sep 15, 2020 at 1:30 PM
  13. CynicalSonicGuy replied to the thread Complimenting Sonic X.

I don't agree, tbh. I found the snark in the Japanese version much funnier than the dub, personally, and I never cared for the comic...

Sep 15, 2020 at 1:12 PM
  14. CynicalSonicGuy replied to the thread Sonic Forces Thread.

What baffles me the most is that the game has a 'Hard Mode' that barely changes anything about the game; it just changes rings to...

Sep 15, 2020 at 3:36 AM
  15. CynicalSonicGuy replied to the thread Complimenting Sonic X.

IIRC, most of the dubs of Sonic X were based off of the 4Kids English version of the show. Only exceptions were the French and Korean...

Sep 14, 2020 at 7:50 PM