- Last Activity:
- Oct 3, 2023 at 9:09 PM
- Jul 6, 2013
- Contribution Points:
- Positive ratings received:
- Clownacy was last seen:
- Oct 3, 2023 at 9:09 PM
- National Flag:
- SA2 Emblems:
SignatureRead my programming blog dammit
- Sonic 2 Clone Driver v2 (2014)
A heavily-modified SMPS 68k driver that is compatible with music from Sonic 1, 2, 3&K, 3D, and Chaotix.
- Project Sonic 1: Two-Eight - Git Continuation (2014)
An update of MarkeyJester's Project Sonic 1: Two Eight that rebases it on the Git disassembly instead of the 2005 Hivebrain disassembly.
- Sonic 1 Beta DAC Driver Recreation (2014)
Beta footage of Sonic 1 would tell you that the game had lower-pitched drums at one point. This has to do with the game's sound driver, one commonly found in a variety of other Mega Drive games, which was specially modified to make the 'SEGA chant' possible. By making this modification, the DAC playback was sped up, leading to the drums we're all familiar with. This hack reverts the DAC driver back to its standard, unmodified form, restoring the drums to their former low-pitched state. [Update: This hack was made years before the Sonic 1 Prototype was released.]
- Sonic 1 with Sonic CD's SMPS-PCM Sound Driver (2014)
Sonic CD is an interesting beast. The Present and Future levels use typical redbook CD audio, but the Past levels use wavetable synthesis, with a sound driver dubbed 'SMPS-PCM'. SMPS-PCM is very much like the SMPS 68k sound driver used by Sonic 1, so I got the idea to jam the two together, and give Sonic 1 some of Sonic CD's soundtrack. Since this hack relies on the Mega CD, you'll need a special emulator to run it. The simple option would be to use the Kega Fusion emulator: setup up a Mega CD BIOS, then load the hack, and press CTRL+B to enable Mega CD mode. From there, the hack should work.
- Sonic the Plague (2014)
You ever notice how things bounce off your shield in Sonic 3? You ever wonder what would happen if you didn't need a shield... and everything bounced?
- REV00 and REV02 additions to Sonic 2 Git disassembly (2015)
Support for assembling REV00 and REV02 in the Sonic 2 Git disassembly.
- S1-friendly improved Sonic 2 sound driver (2015)
2015's April Fools' joke. A modified version of Sonic 2's sound driver that can be installed in Sonic 1, and is compatible with Sonic 1's music and sounds. It's the opposite of the Sonic 2 Clone Driver, which is a modified version of Sonic 1's sound driver that can be installed in Sonic 2, and is compatible with Sonic 2's music and sounds.
- If Tails Could Turn Super in Sonic 2 (2015)
No, it's not called "Turbo Tails". No, it doesn't make him fly like in Sonic 3. No, he doesn't have Flickies. This is a hack for those who suffered through Sonic 2's special stages, only to find no Super Tails waiting for them. This is a hack with a focus on authenticity, so if it wasn't in Sonic 2, it isn't in here.
- Sonic Classics with Sonic 1 REV01 (2015)
There was once a compilation of Sonic games released on the Mega Drive, called Sonic Classics. It was notable for containing a new, unknown version of Sonic 2: "REV02" - yet it oddly used an old, inferior version of Sonic 1: "REV00". This hack simply updates Sonic 1 to REV01, and fixes a small bug specific to the Sonic Classics version of Sonic 1.
- CaptainPlaneEd (2016)
2016's April Fools' joke. PlaneEd is considered a bit of a black sheep when it comes to editors, so I figured that it would be funny to make an updated fork of it. I'll tell you a secret: it was actually an excuse for me to port PlaneEd from SDL to SDL2, which I was learning at the time.
- Super Sonic & Hyper Sonic in Sonic 1 (2016)
Does what it says on the tin. You can play as either Super Sonic or Hyper Sonic, complete with all their abilities, and even music. Minus the Spin Dash of course.
- Sonic 1 - No Jump Challenge (2016)
Something that was made to satirise the then-current trend of making low-effort 'challenge' ROM-hacks.
- Sonic Fine2uned (2017)
Sonic 2 with a buttload of bugfixes.
- Sonic 2 C Port (2017)
Sonic 2 translated to C and ported to every device under the sun. Also has widescreen and the original CD-quality music. Currently incomplete. Winner of the 11000101 Community Trophy in the Sonic Hacking Contest 2017.
- Sonic 2 Except the Music Goes as Fast as You Do (2018)
- Sonic CD with the Original Jump Sound (2018)
A lot of people don't like Sonic CD's jump sound, so I removed Sonic CD's jump sound.
- Accurate Kosinski Compressor (2018)
A compressor that can produce the exact same Kosinski files as Sega's original compressor. Useful for producing bit-perfect disassemblies.
- clownlzss (2018)
A compressor for Kosinski, Saxman, Comper, and others, that aims to produce the smallest files possible. This is intended to rival Flamewing's mdcomp compression library.
- Elemental Shields in Sonic 1 (2020)
"THAT'S BEEN DONE ALREADY"
- some twat in Razor & Zenon's comment section
- Sonic 3's Sonic Sprites in Sonic 1 (2020)
So simple that a noob could do it... which is why I made a video showing noobs how to do it.
- Sonic CD Wii U Port (2021)
A port of Sonic CD (2011) to the Wii U.
- clownmdemu (2021)
A Mega Drive emulator that's written in portable C89.
- Knuckles in Sonic 2 Disassembly (2022)
A bit-perfect disassembly of Knuckles in Sonic 2 that is based on the Sonic 2 Git disassembly.
- clownassembler (2022)
An open-source clone of asm68k (S.N. 68k) that's written in C89, Flex, and Bison.
- Sonic Mania Wii U Port (2022)
A port of Sonic Mania to the Wii U.
- ClownMapEd (2023)
An open-source clone of SonMapEd that's written in C++ and leverages the Qt framework.
- Sonic the Hedgehog & Miles "Tails" Prower the Fox in Knuckles the Echidna in Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (2023)
A hack of Knuckles in Sonic 2 that restores Sonic and Tails.
- Everything That You've Ever Wanted To Know About Sonic 2 REV02 (2018)
- The Sound Drivers of Sonic the Hedgehog (2021)
- Everything That I Know About Sonic the Hedgehog's Source Code (2022)
- Knuckles in Sonic 2 Disassembled (2022)
- The Mystery of Sonic 2's Subtly-Broken Sound Driver Compression (2023)
- Wing Fortress's Unused "Badnik" Finally Solved? (2023)
- Port Sonic 2 Clone Driver to Sonic 2 Community Disassembly (Needs work)
- Port Mega PCM to Sonic 2 Clone Driver
- Extend Sonic 2's Level Select Menu (SCHG)
- Port Sonic 2's Level Art Loader to Sonic 1 (SCHG)
- Port Sonic 2 Clone Driver v2 to Sonic 2 Community Disassembly
- Port Sonic 2's Layout Loader to Sonic 1
- Port Sonic 2 Clone Driver v2 to Sonic 2 Xenowhirl Disassembly
- Port Sonic 2 Clone Driver v2 to Sonic 1 Community Disassembly
- Extend the Sound ID Range in Sonic 2's Sound Driver
- Improve PCM Playback Quality with Sonic 2's Sound Driver
- Make Sonic 2's Sound Driver Good
- Port S1-Friendly Improved Sonic 2 Sound Driver to Sonic 1 Community Disassembly
- Fix Sonic 1's MZ Sideways Stompers
- Fix Sonic 1's Clusterfuck Bug
- Fix Sonic 2's Debug Mode Bridge Collision
- Improve the PLC Queue in Sonic 2
- Fix RAM clearing in Sonic 2
- A bunch of other fixes for Sonic 2
- Port the Elemental Shields to Sonic 1
- Port Sonic 3's Sonic Sprites to Sonic 1
- Port Sonic 1 Music to Sonic 2
- Port Sonic 3D Music to Sonic 1
- Port Hidden Palace Zone to Sonic 2