don't click here

Brainulator's Recent Activity

1. Brainulator rated Devon's post Agree in the thread Random Hack/Mini Project Thread.

I really wish people would stop trying to use Discord as a file host or wiki.

Jun 21, 2024 at 1:27 AM
  2. Brainulator liked Clownacy's post in the thread Some changes/fixes for Sonic 1.

ASMX is far from the ideal assembler: missing features aside, from 2010 to 2023, the latest official release not only failed to parse...

Jun 20, 2024 at 2:52 AM
  3. Brainulator replied to the thread Some changes/fixes for Sonic 1.

Oh, wow, you didn't even mention that here.

Jun 20, 2024 at 2:52 AM
  4. Brainulator rated ProjectFM's post Informative in the thread Some changes/fixes for Sonic 1.

A couple months back, I tried out every assembler I could find to see if I could figure out if any of them I wanted. It turned out that...

Jun 19, 2024 at 9:34 PM
  5. Brainulator liked DefinitiveDubs's post in the thread Unpopular Sonic Opinions.

Time for a reality check. People look at the positive ratings SA1 had at launch and think the critical consensus was that it was a good...

Jun 19, 2024 at 8:18 PM
  6. Brainulator rated The Joebro64's post Agree in the thread Unpopular Sonic Opinions.

A game is typically going to be reviewed in comparison to what it's competing against in its market at that time. Sonic Adventure 2 was...

Jun 19, 2024 at 8:06 PM
  7. Brainulator rated KaiGCS's post Agree in the thread Unpopular Sonic Opinions.

Agreed, 110%. It's not like every reviewer and especially every Sonic fan in the 2000s had never played the Dreamcast versions. If they...

Jun 19, 2024 at 8:05 PM
  8. Brainulator rated ArcanaLuna's post Agree in the thread Unpopular Sonic Opinions.

I think Sonic fans need to stop using the GameCube ports' issues as a defense for why some people don't like the Adventure games....

Jun 19, 2024 at 8:05 PM
  9. Brainulator rated DefinitiveDubs's post Agree in the thread Unpopular Sonic Opinions.

It's like when people say the only reason people hate the Star Wars prequels is because of the Plinkett review. As if a solid 10 years...

Jun 19, 2024 at 7:53 PM
  10. Brainulator rated Cooljerk's post Informative in the thread Blast Processing/Direct Color DMA is not the same as general DMA and is specific to the Sega Genesis.

Yes, you can! Firstly, there is a limitation with this Blast Processing trick in that there aren't really enough resources on the Sega...

images.jpg Jun 19, 2024 at 2:37 PM
  11. Brainulator liked Devon's post in the thread Less-documented 68K instructions?.

It's exactly the same. Check Brainulator's post.

Jun 19, 2024 at 12:50 AM
  12. Brainulator rated Cooljerk's post Informative in the thread Blast Processing/Direct Color DMA is not the same as general DMA and is specific to the Sega Genesis.

About 5 years ago, Digital Foundry contacted me asking if I could think of any extra special ways to test the accuracy of the then...

Jun 18, 2024 at 8:07 PM
  13. Brainulator replied to the thread Less-documented 68K instructions?.

This link may be useful, since it discusses the RS pseudoinstruction: http://antime.kapsi.fi/sega/files/SATMAN.pdf

Jun 18, 2024 at 7:56 PM
  14. Brainulator rated Devon's post Agree in the thread Less-documented 68K instructions?.

Not just enums, but data structures, too. But yeah, it's assembler syntax, not actually part of the m68k instruction set. You can even...

Jun 18, 2024 at 7:56 PM