Black Squirrel's Recent Activity

1. Black Squirrel replied to the thread Sonic the Hedgehog (Prototype).

I played Super Mario World years after release and was shocked to find that its spikes caused instant death. Even though Mario has...

Apr 16, 2021 at 3:22 PM
  2. Black Squirrel replied to the thread Sega’s Financial Troubles: An Analysis of Export Revenue 1991-1998.

It would be nice to have financial information on the wiki - we do have all of Sega's annual reports from 1998 onwards.

Apr 15, 2021 at 8:10 AM
  3. Black Squirrel replied to the thread House of the Dead 1&2: Remake (2020).

I guess the problem with the Switch being effectively two console generations behind now.... ...is that this remake looks like it needs...

Apr 14, 2021 at 10:00 PM
  4. Black Squirrel replied to the thread General Questions and Information Thread.

I've spent the last few days in Dreamcast game ratings mode, converting from our old rating system to the new one. Most of what's left...

Apr 13, 2021 at 4:59 PM
  5. Black Squirrel replied to the thread Science presents: the top 10 best and worst Mega Drive games.

That is one way. It's hard to know what's missing without checking scans (and if you're checking scans, you might as well add the scores...

Apr 12, 2021 at 6:02 PM
  6. Black Squirrel replied to the thread Science presents: the top 10 best and worst Mega Drive games.

As we speak, Sonic 3 is in 11th place :) You have to scroll down a bit to get to Sonic & Knuckles though. But even then it's 87 vs 91 -...

Apr 12, 2021 at 5:00 PM
  7. Black Squirrel replied to the thread The Lost Sega Worlds.

I wouldn't want to say for sure, but given most of those cabinets are from 1991 or 1992, it's probably a new build. In fact the oldest...

Apr 11, 2021 at 7:11 PM
  8. Black Squirrel replied to the thread The Lost Sega Worlds.

Sega World Yamanakako I started typing "Sega World Yama.." to see if a "Sega World Yamanashi" existed, and the first result just...

Apr 11, 2021 at 5:48 PM
  9. Black Squirrel posted a new thread.

Science presents: the top 10 best and worst Mega Drive games

One feature of Sega Retro is acting as the "Metacritic of the 1990s". We've been collecting magazine articles and reviews for years, and...

Forum: General Sega Discussion

Apr 10, 2021 at 8:22 PM
  10. Black Squirrel replied to the thread URGENT: Need screenshots for Sega Retro.

Yes, sorry I should have barked about this more. Do not assume the internet will be proactive. Even with a big story like this, it is...

Apr 10, 2021 at 5:35 PM
  11. Black Squirrel replied to the thread Castlevania Resurrection Prototype Discovered.

There is no god-given right that a developer gets a percentage of the revenue on each copy sold. Case in point - I develop software for...

Apr 9, 2021