Black Squirrel's Recent Activity

1. Black Squirrel replied to the thread General Questions and Information Thread.

The fictional region of Sotenbori is Yakuza's second most popular tourist destination. First seen in Yakzua 2, it's based on the...

Nov 23, 2020 at 10:15 PM
  2. Black Squirrel replied to the thread General Questions and Information Thread.

I do remember at the time Dreamarena being closed down, with some sort of replacement filling the gap. But we barely had dial-up at the...

Nov 23, 2020 at 7:02 PM
  3. Black Squirrel replied to the thread General Questions and Information Thread.

[img] Almost lost to time, this Dreamcast controller. The "pearl blue" and "pearl pink" variants were noted, but not this "pearl...

Nov 21, 2020 at 7:55 PM
  4. Black Squirrel replied to the thread The Lost Sega Worlds.

After a bit of digging I was able to date the first ever Sega World - Sega World Tokyo Roof. It was, as I suspected, a temporary thing...

Nov 19, 2020 at 7:50 PM
  5. Black Squirrel replied to the thread Sonic Jam + Nipen Manmaru.

Coincidence.

Nov 18, 2020 at 10:31 PM
  6. Black Squirrel replied to the thread Things to mirror.

Got some Sega Entertainment press releases:...

Nov 18, 2020 at 9:50 PM
  7. Black Squirrel replied to the thread The Lost Sega Worlds.

To get this out there, should anyone want to join in - my current understanding of Sega arcades (or "game centers" as they insist on...

Nov 18, 2020 at 7:11 PM
  8. Black Squirrel replied to the thread The Supreme Topic of 'Other' Knowledge..

Neither sites are ideal for hosting images, but Twitter compresses them less. So mirror from there.

Nov 17, 2020
  9. Black Squirrel replied to the thread Sonic 3's 3D Models.

Now I can! https://retrocdn.net/index.php?title=File%3ABeepMD_JP_1993-11.pdf&page=36 The Sonic CD one was outsourced to a company...

Nov 17, 2020