don't click here

Tails Tube

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Blue Blood, Mar 24, 2022.

1. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Let's have an actual thread for this, rather than just dumping everything in the "other knowledge" thread like we tend to do these days, which only results in news getting lost. First episode is out now:

A few things of note in this episode:

1) The big one is that "two worlds" is officially dead. Humans live on the large continents ala Unleashed, anthros from from smaller islands like Westside Island. Thank fuck they fixed this.
    2) The origins of the Emeralds is a mystery.
    3) Looks like they showed a new human character. She's on the right, with purple hair.
    Screenshot_20220324-161538_YouTube.jpg
    My guess is that she's from Frontiers, and this is a sneaky little teaser.

And that's it. Kinda cute. This was definitely created just for die-hard fans

Last edited: Mar 24, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  2. raphael_fc

raphael_fc

Overthinking Sonic timelines. Member
    4) Tails can not become super like Sonic.

3. raphael_fc

raphael_fc

"They can be used to power deadly machines [Space Colony ARK] or even warp time and space [Time Eater????]"
    upload_2022-3-24_13-40-45.png

4. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Oh yeah, I noticed that too. They seemed to slyly nip that one too. I've got to hand it to them - this sort video is a really nice way of delivering a lore dump to Sonic nerds like ourselves and it's very casual/child-friendly too. I'm going to guess that future episodes won't be such blatant lore dumps though.

5. raphael_fc

raphael_fc

I thought odd the question about Amy. I mean, the other questions are legit, but everyone knows who Amy is.
    Maybe she's going to appear in the movie, and they put this question for the new fans?

6. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Weird, since the Time Eater's powers are independent of the Emeralds. It's scared off by one later in the story. I guess instead of showing a time portal from '06, they went with something more current and recognizable. Then again, why not just show Shadow using Chaos Control?

7. raphael_fc

raphael_fc

Maybe they are implying that the Time Eater is a reminiscent of some time-and-space shenanigans of the Chaos Emeralds? Like those tons of time travels in 06, maybe the Time Eater was created because of those?

8. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    Interesting thing to note:

In that definitely-fake-couldn't-be-real leak from a year or two ago, we were talking about a supposed game where Sonic and Amy find out the origins of the Chaos Emeralds and how it relates to ancient hedgehogs.

Especially interesting that the last two questions in this are "where did the Chaos Emeralds come from?" and "who is Amy?". ESPECIALLY interesting that Ian Flynn recently spoke that he knew Sega have their own ideas for Sonic lore origin stories that he knows some of, but cannot say.

Not saying anything concrete, but you know. Just thought it was... interesting!

Also thank FUCK the two worlds thing is dead. With the same lore Naka spoke of in that old 2011 interview! Almost as if to purposefully say "yeah we need to clarify what the lore is so people know the movies aren't the games". Forced their hand, lol.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Useful Useful x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    I think they’re just having a bit of fun with the format and teasing the shippers, given that romance isn’t explicitly ruled out between them. I think SEGA’s happy to go along with what the comics and Boom have been doing in making it a “will they, won’t they?” scenario in perpetuity rather than Amy just being totally infatuated and getting on Sonic’s nerves all the time.

10. MrMechanic

MrMechanic

Tails likes to cook Chao.

11. Blue Spikeball

Blue Spikeball

The dual world nonsense being finally phased out is (almost) enough for me to overlook Sonic's groan-inducing "Let's do it to it" :V

Didn't Ian state at a point that Sega implied the Time Eater was what became of Mephiles in the current timeline?

12. That TailsTube thing turned out to be way more better / little fun than I expected?

Very nice they are doing this for newcoming fans.

13. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    Hasn't that been a thing since SatAM anyway?

Regardless, I really wouldn't mind this segment being used as a way to address lore snafus, rather than these things inelegantly being shoehorned into some other piece of media. Really hoping they clear up the whole ordeal with G.U.N. and Shadow's relationship with Team Dark next. I don't know exactly what flip has switched but it seems to me like the people handling Sonic have just really had their ear to the ground lately in terms of fan desires.

14. raphael_fc

raphael_fc

1:03:17
    Ian's headcanon is Time Eater is a scrap of Mephiles, but it's just his headcanon.

14:42
    Ian doesn't buy the theory that the Phantom Ruby is a shard of the Time Eater.

1:43:54
    Again Ian doesn't buy this theory.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  15. Gestalt

Gestalt

Sphinx in Chains Member
    It's bizarre to me how underappreciated Tails is in the games. Makes me wish he was playable again. Guess it's just not his thing. I respect that.

16. Blue Spikeball

Blue Spikeball

Your point being? :V

Ah, thanks for the clarification.

17. Snowbound

Snowbound

IIRC I don’t think Tails has ever gone super in a official game other than Mania. In S3&K could only go Hyper. I guess this brings up a new question: is classic sonic still in a separate dimension and if so can classic tails go super?

18. raphael_fc

raphael_fc

Tails goes Super in S3K, and not Hyper. He needed the Super Emeralds to become Super, while Sonic and Knuckles become Hyper with them. Because logic.

I think Tails and Knuckles (both Classic and Modern) going Super is now considered just bonus content, and not lore.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  19. Tails did go "Super" in Sonic Heroes, but that was only because (Super) Sonic "shared his power" with him, right?

20. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Ya classic rules I think imply any character can get a boost from the emeralds but as bonuses, they aren't attached to lore.

The way they describe the world now makes a LOT more sense. Humans on continents and anthros on islands. Perfect. Simple and effective