don't click here

Sonic Prime (Netflix Animated Series)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by The Joebro64, Dec 10, 2020.

1. raphael_fc

raphael_fc

Overthinking Sonic timelines. Member
    I just saw this on Twitter and I have no clue if it's true.

[​IMG]

2. shilz

shilz

getting my daily allowance of vitamin kk
    Screenshot was pulled from IMDB, which has more "information" alongside it.
    It'd be a little bit weird to see a description without proper this before they even updated the logo to be the (latest?) version shown alongside the recent job call, but another caution sign is the listed VAs: If they're really not bringing on the game VAs, then they would be bringing on Canadian VAs. (On top of this, the actor listed for Tails doesn't even do voice acting.)
    Writers are also safe bets of confirmed writers on the show.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2022
  3. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    We saw stuff like this when Boom was coming out too, it's usually fake.

4. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    I think anyone can edit IMDB, so I wouldn't really look into it.

5. Forte

Forte

I speak better after three beers Member
    Poland
    Looks fake.

6. Snowbound

Snowbound

I’m fairly certain that IMDB page is fake... that said I have one question and one possibility I want to raise. The question: has anyone from the game voice cast commented about being involved in Frontiers? The possibility: with the multiverse being a part of the show HYPOTHETICALLY alternate versions of characters COULD have different voice actors.
    But regardless my gut says this IMDB page is fake... I’m 99% sure.

7. With that synopsis, I really want it to be fake, honestly. It would be cool if the episode was called "Open Your Heart" tho'.

8. shilz

shilz

All we know is that Colleen says she isn't a part of Prime (or wasn't at the time she mentioned it, which was around the time Roger "wasn't sonic anymore" in general).

I will call my own bullshit, however, because I just remembered Mike Pollock has been cast in another Wildbrain production, the new Caillou episodes/shorts. So they could have a shot.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. Mecha Sally

Mecha Sally

Oldbie
    I'm calling fake. I am curious as to when we're going to get ANYTHING about this series though.

10. Snub-n0zeMunkey

Snub-n0zeMunkey

yo what up Member
    honestly considering the way Netflix treats their animated shows, you probably won't see anything about Sonic Prime until like a few weeks before it releases lol

11. Forte

Forte

I speak better after three beers Member
    Poland
    As much as I want Roger to be replaced as Sonic, I don't believe he isn't part of Prime, especially - after that whole "bring Roger back" thing. Same for Mike's Eggman, these two are the biggest "stars" of Sonic VA at the moment.

I can see other characters being replaced, because alternate universes, but we have confirmed that Prime Sonic is mainline game Sonic, so it would be weird to change his voice actor. As for Eggmen - if Eggman Prime is confirmed, then Mike Pollock voicing him is a safe bet.

I'm still hoping for a few episodes exploring other Sonic media. A show dedicated to alternate universe hopping, not exploring satAM, X, Boom realities for at least one episode per world would be such a waste of perfect opportunity... also throw there Blaze and Eggman Nega, you know - the alternate reality characters from the games?

My worst fear is, we'd get a show with generic worlds like pirate Knuckles, jungle Amy, Ninja Tails etc.
    Let's hope it won't be like that.

12. shilz

shilz

By the way, in case anybody's interested, Wildbrain seems to be pretty invested in the series. In this very corporate investor day thing, they bring it up a fair few amount of times. (and a Sonic is standing in the background of some videos they play)

There's also a bit of information about how it came to be.

Supposedly it's even their biggest budget 3d production so far.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  13. Good to hear!

14. Linkabel

Linkabel

Seems it has been rated TV-Y7.
    With this and the Origins leak makes it seem like we're getting news on these projects soon.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • List
  15. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    Which I imagine indicates another Sonic Central. It's the right kind of time for it. Advertise the Roblox event some more, reveals for Prime and Origins, with Origins announced for a shadow drop or very close release. Maybe we get some details on IDW's run-up to issue 50 and what that'll entail. Finally, a breakdown for Sonic Frontiers, showing gameplay and more plot details. Yeah, I think these things happening now could be indicative of something bigger coming soon, but of course we need more data to confirm a pattern.

16. Snowbound

Snowbound

Does anyone remember how far in advance the 2021 Sonic Central was announced? There’s a part of me that’s wondering if we could get something within the next two weeks... tbc that part of me is the dumb part lol

17. Yuzu

Yuzu

Legitimately wouldn't be surprised if we didn't see anything about this show at all until Netflix allows press to watch the episodes around that time.

Like, at this point I'm expecting this show to be released with practically no advertising whatsoever lol

18. I fully expect this as well, considering how that is typically how Netflix operates. Cowboy Bebop was arguably more high profile, yet we only got a handful of still images prior to release. It would be absolutely wild if we end up getting a trailer, or even a simple teaser, for Sonic Prime.

19. shilz

shilz

Wildbrain likes to do more with putting stuff on Youtube channels. This was basically their biggest moneymaker at the very least before the "made for kids" apocalypse happened. I half-expect them to make a new Sonic channel and put episodes of the old shows on it alongside episode trailers or compilations for Sonic Prime and "Toy Play" videos - if they don't just put it on the "Cartoon Super Heroes" channel.

I imagine on Netflix's end they don't really have to do much more than point out it is indeed a thing on their platform and maybe run some campaigns on Youtube videos.

On the official Sonic platforms they've already done more than Mega Man did for Mega Man Fully Charged (including it alongside other franchise announcements) so that's something to be noted.

20. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    As far as I can tell it was announced on May 25th and happened on the 27th, though there may have been an "announcement of an announcement" prior to the 25th I didn't come across in my search.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List