don't click here

THE KEN PENDERS CHRONICLES: a man you Ken DePenders on

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by The KKM, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Snowbound

Snowbound

Penders has responded to the takedown request... in his usual scummy manner
    46A92A02-5F50-4304-8B77-EC5DFD770E31.jpeg
    This resulted in a rare instance of Flynn acknowledging Penders 29A6B7FB-8F2A-4357-94FD-DDEF1E7184B1.jpeg
    713BEF33-7119-43E9-968F-4D97593E98A3.jpeg

• Informative Informative x 7
    • List
  2. raphael_fc

raphael_fc

Overthinking Sonic timelines. Member
    I imagine he would require some ID, other photos and a signed statement confirming that she is she.

3. Snowbound

Snowbound

On the one hand that’s fair... on the other hand this is Penders (the king of ignoring facts and moving goalposts) that we’re dealing with here. So when Penders says that he needs more facts I am skeptical that he will even acknowledge additional info if it does not suit his agenda.

4. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
  5. Sai Start Marker

Sai Start Marker

Born in 1947 but made for the 90's Oldbie
    Penders' approach to this situation is emblematic of his attitude to most of his controversial moves. Is it illegal for him to post that photograph? No. It was taken, presumably by him, in a public place with the consent of all parties involved. Does that make it any less of a disgusting and poor choice? Again, absolutely not.

This is all he has now. Doing controversial "technically legal" things in an attempt to stay relevant. Actually publishing his dreadful comic probably wouldn't amass much attention. So, the effort goes into stunts like these, and the NFTs and trying to repurpose the Flynn-led Scourge redesign. No one would actually care if he posted his terrible comic. No one would be looking at him. And that's all he wants.

I'd hope Twitter will choose to remove it anyway, as is their right. But Penders' addiction to this form of attention is fascinating and horrifying in equal measure.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2022
  6. Snowbound

Snowbound

Sai, you are completely right. Even if Penders is not consciously aware that he is doing this for attention the man clearly lacks empathy which results in people calling him out.... and thus giving him attention. I guess I’m feeding into that but I wanna document his increasingly offensive posts so he can’t just delete them and pretend that people just hate his work.
    Take this recent “gem” he posted: 172E7EB9-56F7-4278-A460-6DD5DABB8F3D.jpeg
    It’s one thing to say “I know people in Ukraine and I’m worried about them” but he tries to turn everything into a self-promotional humble brag. What he’s saying really comes off as: “I have people working ON TRANSLATIONS FOR MY COMIC in Ukraine. Look at how international my fan base is. Aren’t u excited to buy my book?” It’s disgusting. I guess I shouldn’t have expected any less from the man who straight up reused a poem about the Holocaust in his sonic comic. Again it’s one thing to make allusions to the holocaust... it’s another to repurpose actual literature about the holocaust for sonic the freakin Hedgehog

Last edited: Feb 25, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. Forte

Forte

I speak better after three beers Member
    Poland
    This is disgusting, but some people are just like that. Cold, unable to be sympathetic.

Edit: also, him trying to justify himself is even more disgusting.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2022
  8. Ch1pper

Ch1pper

Fighting the Battle of Who Could Care Less Member
    Life.
  9. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

He "ifpologised", which is a cowardly way of apologising by putting the onus on the person he was apologising to. But said person seems to have accepted it, so it's a closed matter and everyone seems to be happy.

10. Snowbound

Snowbound

This is indicative of what Penders views as good treatment. It’s not enough to like his work u gotta think about it the same way he does. If there’s any doubt that he was difficult to work with... I think this demonstrates exactly what a pain in the ass he was/is.

It’s also telling that Penders only apologized AFTER the person pointed out he was fan. For someone who hates Trump he sure has a similar mindset as the TFG: “everyone’s out to get me so I should only pander to my base”.

11. So- Kenders is looking to sue Paramount now.

This'll be good.

12. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    I really hope it bankrupts him into oblivion so we never have to hear about him ever again.

13. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    I reeeeeeally hope there's a livestream for this. Sod the movie, this is the true theatrical event of the year.

14. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Good god. You know I double recind my earlier comparison, no, Penders is Sonic's myPillow guy. Just a litigious idiot spouting bs to get attention.

Enjoyed going bankrupt. I'd have to imagine after your previous lawsuits they've prepared themselves that much better this time around. That and this is Paramount, not Archie comics. Soooo yea... have fun.

I still don't understand his cash flow. Who's paying this man to do anything these days?

15. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Go ahead, Ken. Fucking go ahead. Sue Paramount. Do it.

The fact he openly admits to not even having seen the film yet makes it infinitely funnier.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  16. Snowbound

Snowbound

A non-spoiler example of how Penders is talking. What a schmuck. It surely can’t help his case that he is making these claims BEFORE he sees it for himself. Especially in this era of online fandom analysis where fans while twists themselves backwards to convince themselves that everything is an easter egg or a reference.
    887E059A-D800-43CF-87C4-7DE25D1E3814.jpeg

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  17. Blue Spikeball

Blue Spikeball

Suing for the content of a movie you haven't even watched. Hoo boy.

I was about to say that we're back to the Night Trap days, but then I remembered that that era never ended.

18. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    "God didn't create echidnas. I did." - Kenneth W. Penders II, c. 20??

19. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Something about the film I'm actively looking forward to seeing, there's a surprise =P

20. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    This is the best fucking exchange.

"They ripped me off! I'm suing them!"

"How did they rip you off?"

"Someone other than me will figure that out later!"

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List