don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog Cinematic Universe Thread (& Knuckles)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, May 28, 2020.

1. RetroJordan91

RetroJordan91

The REAL Blue Sphere Guy Member
    Well that was quick I gotta say.. I am very happy that a 3rd movie is in development but I hope Paramount and SEGA do step on the brakes and don’t overwhelm us with stuff right off the bat.

Don’t get me wrong I’m more than happy with both companies having a lot of confidence in the “Sonic Cinematic Universe”; I just don’t want them to milk it so much to a point where the creative juices aren’t flowing and we get half-ass sequels or what not.

Also, if I can be serious for a second: am I the only one who is hoping that the next film is just called “Sonic the Hedgehog 3” and there is no “& Knuckles” anywhere near that title?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. Mecha Sally

Mecha Sally

Oldbie
    Shhhhh he'll hear you. =P

Seriously though, this is interesting. Going to be cautiously optimistic about the third movie and this spinoff series. Thinking on it more I should probably be the same with this movie we're about to get. It looks freaking great, don't get me wrong, but I worry about being too hyped and then getting disappointed somehow.

3. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    I'm old enough to remember this
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 10
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  4. Considering how much more popular Shadow is than Metal Sonic, I think that kind of speaks to which one left the bigger impact.

I do agree that it's kind of left Metal Sonic without much of a purpose though. Even if he is in the film series, there's nothing stopping Shadow showing up later and stealing his thunder like before.

5. Turbohog

Turbohog

I thought the title of this thread was changed as a joke haha.

Really weird to me that they're announcing all of this already. Maybe like... wait and see if audiences even like the second movie? IMO the TV series is overkill.

6. jubbalub

jubbalub

#1 Sonic Superstars defender Member
    Slapping "cinematic universe" onto any series that has multiple entries is fucking stupid

7. Fadaway

Fadaway

Popular in the sense that it spoke to five-year-olds a long time ago. I was a teenager by the time Sonic 1 came out and was unimpressed with the “cool” aspect of it. Shadow seemed like a blatant addition to court younger kids. Pretty much Poochie.

8. Snowbound

Snowbound

I’m calling it now... we’re getting Chaos and Tikal in the Knuckles show; Shadow and Amy in Sonic 3

Last edited: Feb 16, 2022
  9. McAleeCh

McAleeCh

Oldbie
    I'm assuming it's more because the addition of the Knuckles series makes it more than just the core Sonic films, rather than just the fact that there's multiple films. I'd say that's just enough for it to count, especially if they end up doing any more spinoff films or series in the same universe in future.

10. Snowbound

Snowbound

Aren’t there also going to be tie in comics for the 2nd movie? If they sell well we could potentially end up with an ongoing comic series (or just future specials and miniseries) in the movie universe. We don’t hafta call it the Sonic Cinematic Universe but it may not be a bad idea for the brand to give the movie-verse a name to differentiate it from the game/IDW/Prime world.

EDIT:

Some twitter posts from Sonic folks expressing excitement at this new Universe

Ben Schwartz “WE ARE BUILDING A WHOLE UNIVERSE HERE PEOPLE!!! HONORED TO BE A PART OF THE RIDE. #SONICMOVIE2 COMING 4/8 AND THEN GET READY FOR #SONICMOVIE3! THAT WAS THE FIRST TIME I’VE EVER USED THAT HASHTAG AND IT FELT GREAT.” https://twitter.com/rejectedjokes/status/1493710019266846731?s=21

L
    ee Majdoub
    “The SONImatic Universe!
    This fan is excited!!!
    #Sonicmovie3
    #Knuckles“ https://twitter.com/leemajdoub/status/1493748700786479105?s=21

Justin Thormann from Sonic’s social media “Everyone go see the second Sonic movie so that this movie/tv universe can continue for a long time!” https://twitter.com/thormannjustin/status/1493716213137952770?s=21

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. Yea...that's kind of always been Sonic's target demographic? I don't see what's so weird about that.

12. Flare

Flare

I hope Jim is back for the third. Always my worry that with more sequels means he will depart.

13. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    Honestly he seems to love playing Eggman. It's the kind of character he hasn't gotten to touch in a good long while. Wouldn't be surprised if he's specifically agreed to do it already.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  14. Mana

Mana

Good! Great! Awesome! Outstanding! Amazing! Member
    Considering they want to keep doing big draw things I'm 10000% sure the next movie will be about Shadow. Judging by the logo at least.

15. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    See they're all saying Cinematic Universe too lol, but yea, it was the fact that Knuckles is getting a show that made me change the title to that rather than Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and 3 and Knuckles (also prevents a new topic)

Ya Jim Carrey is doing great as Eggman, but I have to wonder how future entries will incorporate the more grounded elements of the first movie. I barely see how James Marsden fits into 2, how will he work in 3? Really curious about the Knuckles series too, hopefully this take won't be as stupid as Ken Penders' Knuckles series.

Btw I love that Knuckles is in the spotlight again. It's been decades and since Adventure 2 he's really been put on the back burner. Nice to see him in the spotlight again.

Maybe now's the time to get that Sonic and Knuckles tattoo I've been aiming for forever lol

16. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    Come oooooon Streets of Rage, Golden Axe and Altered Beast movies set in the distant past/alternate worlds Sonic will visit with his Rings for a full SEGA Visual Media Universe...

17. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    I'd watch the shit out of a SoR movie, but only if it's directed and choreographed from an East Asian perspective. I want Ong Bak brutality, not Shang-Chi.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  18. qwertysonic

qwertysonic

creating the biggest sonic collection
    I guess I'll have to finally bite the bullet and get Paramount+

19. Snowbound

Snowbound

4F15DED4-615E-477D-99B3-A83FFB5733D3.jpeg
    How much u wanna bet that Penders is actually excited by the Knuckles series cuz he thinks he’ll FINALLY get a major offer for his characters. Surely they need HIS characters in order to make a Knuckles series... Right? Right? LMFAO.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  20. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    I just wanted to warn people: some dumbass who went to a Sonic 2 test screening divulged everything he saw on Reddit a few months ago. The summary received a copyright strike, but of course since it’s the internet there are real spoilers out there. If you’re trying to avoid spoilers, be cautious.

• Informative Informative x 11
    • List