don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog Cinematic Universe Thread (& Knuckles)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, May 28, 2020.

1. Linkabel

Linkabel

Yeah, I'm worried about that too. I am hype for the Knuckles spin off because I like the character and the story behind him since there's a lot to explore there.

But at the same time there's a lot of pitfalls studios fall into when making franchises and more recently in establishing "shared universes" when it comes to it.

Hopeful at the moment though.

2. SpaceyBat

SpaceyBat

United States
    Freedom Planet 2
    Agree with Starduster, but also HYYYYYPE

I'm genuinely gonna enjoy looking forward to more Sonic on TV and how my nieces will get to see him fresh and popular the way I did when I was a kid. Sonic is a generational franchise now.

3. Flare

Flare

To harshly judge the entire industry... they will just keep pumping out things until it becomes financially unviable for them.

4. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Ken Penders is probably screaming right now. Also thread title updated, can't believe we live in a world where there's a Sonic Cinematic universe, and that it's actually kinda good.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2022
  5. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    "I will never let you have my characters!"

"Do I look like I need your characters?"
    upload_2022-2-15_17-41-57.png

6. Snub-n0zeMunkey

Snub-n0zeMunkey

yo what up Member
    he's probably gonna try and get a job working on the series

7. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    I'd say don't count your chickens, but they might give one sneakers and invent a new character.

8. Wildcat

Wildcat

Not surprised about a third movie (just didn’t think it’d be announced now) but I’m kind of surprised about a Knuckles centered show.

Very happy that live action Sonic will continue though. I hope there’s multiple sequels that adapt as much as possible. I love long running series.

9. netscapenow

netscapenow

Damn, this was sudden. Just earlier today I was thinking about how the second movie could perform in comparision to the first.

I already have faith in these films so I'm pretty excited, if Frontiers turns out good it'd be really cool to see Sonic back in the limelight after what, a decade of uncertainty (save for Mania)?

10. Fadaway

Fadaway

I am sure it won't be a perfect adaptation of Sonic 3 & Knuckles. Hell, it probably won't even bring much of Sonic 2's lore in such as West Side Island. I wish they would, even if it's just a short scene. But, probably not [EDIT: I am hopeful, considering Emerald Hill Zone was mentioned as a codename during development and its theme was played on the first teaser and during part of the trailer]. But, what I will say is they are taking lots of inspiration from 3 & Knuckles. Similar story, and lots of stuff lifted from the games such as the Tornado, a potential space station (looks possible so let's hope), Knuckles being tricked by Robotnik, a variation of the Death Egg Robot (giant this time around which reminds me of stuff from Sonic CD and Sonic Mania), and a pose Jim Carrey strikes in the first trailer is reminiscent of an old Eggman piece of art. Plus the snowboarding scene that we're all hoping takes place in Ice Cap Zone. So... I'd say it is better than what many people would have expected them to do. If they actually adapt the game 100%, it would be even better but that is obviously unlikely (and probably quite difficult to pack into a movie).

Just a few years ago, fans were bemoaning the Master Emerald never making another appearance in Sonic except for its quick appearance in Tyson's Mania Adventures. Its place in Sonic canon was being questioned. Now, it is a major plot point in the movie. That is a huge deal by itself imo.

I don't think fans of the first movie will be alienated at all honestly. I think children in particular will be loving having a giant adventure with all these characters. That is my own take on it.

Also, edit: imagine the attention Sonic 3 will receive after this.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2022
  11. While there is potential for diminishing returns and sequelitis to happen...Sonic very rarely gets attention like this, so I'd say just ride the hype train while it lasts.

And since they're confirming a Knuckles spin off and a 3rd movie, its rather inevitable that Shadow will get one as well sooner or later.

12. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    This feels like a fake announcement. Honestly it is fucking wild to me that they'd even consider Knuckles capable of carrying a series, much less actually making that show. I want to say "it's not 1995 anymore", but I guess it fucking is.

13. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    He had his chance.

[​IMG]

14. Fadaway

Fadaway

Lol. Maybe it is just me... Maybe it's an age gap kind of thing... But, I have never gotten the appeal of Shadow.

15. astroblema

astroblema

my name means "star wound" Member
    Chile
    It's a secret!
    It was a generational franchise already.

16. Wildcat

Wildcat

Maybe the Knuckles show will be about the Echidnas and the origins for the Chaos Emeralds. Doesn’t have to be a multi season show. Just a backstory for things.

17. Hm, I wonder ff that red in 3 is really for Knuckles, or...

By the way, was not really expecting this news today. I'm really happy we getting both a sequel to the 2nd movie and a series! Hopiing we'll get news for Sonic Origins and Sonic Prime soon tho.

18. Literally the same thing as Metal Sonic; kids love dark rival characters. It's...not that difficult to understand.

19. Dek Rollins

Dek Rollins

size of a tangerine Member
    US
    Can someone tell me where this logo came from? I can't find any official source for the image but it keeps getting posted around.

20. Fadaway

Fadaway

Oh, I know. My thing is Metal Sonic already filled that role quite well and at least wasn't so much a recolored Sonic with minimally tweaked design.