don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog Cinematic Universe Thread (& Knuckles)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, May 28, 2020.

1. raphael_fc

raphael_fc

Overthinking Sonic timelines. Member

2. jubbalub

jubbalub

#1 Sonic Superstars defender Member
    Jim Carrey as Eggman is so fun. That's all I'll say

• Like Like x 10
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Forte

Forte

I speak better after three beers Member
    Poland
    Metal Sonic in second movie? Naah.
    It's an evil counterpart trope, it needs a movie on its own.

I can see a scenario, where Metal Sonic is so powerful, that even Sonic and Knuckles working together are incapable of fighting him. Think Sonic Mania Adventures Metal Sonic rampage.

4. RetroJordan91

RetroJordan91

The REAL Blue Sphere Guy Member
    Mid/Post Credits Scene for the 3rd movie? Hmmm… (I sure hope so)

5. Forte

Forte

Poland
    Ahh... I can see it this way. It would be cool if they made it reference the OVA intro.

Anyway, I think Metal in 3rd movie is a very real possibility, maybe Amy too. Or maybe they'll do Shadow... but he needs like 3 separate movies.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2022
  6. RetroJordan91

RetroJordan91

The REAL Blue Sphere Guy Member
    I can see (and would love) them go down the Sonic CD story route for the 3rd movie while introducing Metal and Amy (I feel they should stick to the classic characters for the movie trilogy)

It would be interesting to see how they can incorporate the time travel gimmick (perhaps using the rings that Movie Sonic has as portals to go to different time periods of Green Hills and whatnot)

Last edited: Feb 14, 2022
  7. Antheraea

Antheraea

Bug Hunter Member
    you know what, fuck it, I'll go see this in theatres when it comes out. my $15 or w/e won't matter a whole lot at the box office but I'll at least put some money in the bucket for this.

8. Forte

Forte

Poland
    I hope You will enjoy the movie.
    I went for the first one, expecting disappointment, but it was a really fun time.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction

Didn't expect Valentine's day to all but confirm that Stone has feelings for Eggman. Sure, he worshipped him a lot in the first movies, but it seemed more like fanboying in the vein of Starline in the IDW comic.

10. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    That's just adorable. #TeamEggStone

I'm so excited. Less than two months to go, and one of those months is the short month. This is gonna be a pretty decent movie season. We've got Uncharted coming soon (though it's already getting blasted by critics), Batman in March, Sonic in April, and Dr. Strange in May, plus whatever comes out in between. I find it funny how the Minions: Rise of Gru trailer was drilled into my eyeholes every time I went to go see the first Sonic movie, and it still won't be out until July.

11. Im trying to think of a scenario where Amy naturally fits. It'd be weird if she just so happened to exist on Earth when Sonic and Co are established as aliens here.

12. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

I saw it a few nights ago, and I actually really enjoyed it. I went in with no expectations other than it’s a film based on a video game, and I was… pleasantly surprised. The chemistry between the characters is decent and it was just a fun film with some nice visuals and kooky plot. I think everyone expects every film nowadays to be a 10/10 blockbuster.

The Sonic 2 trailer shows that the film is really shaping up and in this day and age it’s great to see a video game film, about Sonic no less, seemingly looking to be one of the more popular films this year. Can’t wait.

13. Plorpus

Plorpus

Hog Blue So What Member
    I’m enjoying what I’m seeing from these trailers, but I can’t help but think that people are setting themselves up for disappointment by expecting an adaption of the games rather than some elements popping up in an original story. That said, I’m also a bit worried that those elements might alienate general audiences who just watched the first one, or get in the way of the film’s actual plot structure. I’m hoping I’m wrong though!

14. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    Well, Amy is an established tarot card reader...

Perhaps she'll be put in as a young family member of guardians of one of the Time Stones Chaos Emeralds? To both establish her presence around the Little Planet and gift of 'foresight' (the tarot reading), but also because at this point, I'm convinced the next one will be a quest for the seven Chaos Emeralds while Knuckles guards the Master Emerald.

15. Snowbound

Snowbound

I’m still not comfortable sitting in a room with strangers for 2+ hours however I plan to drive an hour out of town to see Sonic 2 at my nearest drive in. The only other movie I was willing to drive this far for was no way home. There were other non-franchise movies I’d have seen at the drive in but drive ins are a dying breed and mine only shows the most popular stuff to stay afloat

16. Linkabel

Linkabel

Sonic 3 is in development and a Knuckles Paramount + spin off is coming next year.

• Like Like x 10
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  17. Flare

Flare

I know this announcement follows the typical hit movie (sequel then side character get's own series) BUT genuinely happy.

I knew 3 would be coming... the film really would need to FLOP bad for it to not happen.

The series, I am happy Knuckles is getting more recognition he deserves. I felt his 'popularity' dropped since Shadow and Sega didn't do much with the character.

Though I did always enjoy Sonic X when Knuckles went off on his own.

18. Sonic 3 & Knuckles huh

19. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    I’m…intrigued but with a healthy amount of trepidation. On the third movie, I hope that’s a conclusion to the series. Not necessarily the definitive end, but an apt jumping off point that concludes this story if another one never happens and represents the fullness of the team’s vision. On the spin-off, I hope it’s a mini series focusing on Knuckles’ past rather than what he’s doing after the film (though this could change if the film leaves him in an interesting place). Ultimately I hope this movie branch doesn’t fall pray to sequelitis and knows the appropriate time to bow out when that comes, rather than phoning it in and running on fumes until it whimpers to an unceremonious end.

20. astroblema

astroblema

my name means "star wound" Member
    Chile
    It's a secret!
    Welp, just this morning I had predicted we wouldn't see a 3rd movie, but it looks like Sonic is becoming a media franchise now.

I'm okay with this.