don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog Cinematic Universe Thread (& Knuckles)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, May 28, 2020.

1. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    Even if he can glide, he can't glide upwards, so he can't pursue an airplane on his own, and maybe Robotnik is only there to give him a lift, he can glide when they're close enough.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2022
  2. raphael_fc

raphael_fc

Overthinking Sonic timelines. Member

I wonder if Knuckles knows the echidnas of the first movie or not.

3. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    Yeah but in the context of the poster it wouldn’t matter.

On Knuckles being the last of the echidnas, I reckon that’s still the case and he (perhaps along with his clan) feels that the clan needed Sonic’s power in order to survive, so places their loss on Sonic’s head for running away.

4. qwertysonic

qwertysonic

creating the biggest sonic collection
    He glides upwards in SA2. (or maybe he jumps high and supermans at the same time)

5. Snub-n0zeMunkey

Snub-n0zeMunkey

yo what up Member
    I feel like SA2 went a little crazy in some of the cutscenes considering the fact that there is also a scene where Sonic randomly jumps 50 feet in the air

upload_2022-2-10_16-29-2.gif

Last edited: Feb 10, 2022
  6. qwertysonic

qwertysonic

Yeah SA2 was definitely an action movie disguised as a video game.

7. raphael_fc

raphael_fc

8. RetroJordan91

RetroJordan91

The REAL Blue Sphere Guy Member
    As if there weren’t enough Sonic 3 references, Ice Cap Zone is finally coming to the big screen? This reeks of awesomeness :thumbsup:;)

“Hard Times” as background music for that scene? Anybody? :V:V

9. qwertysonic

qwertysonic

That would be awesome.

10. Holy moly, we got a new trailer / footage:

The more scenes of this movie I see, the more I belive amazing it will be. It's so good to be unronically excited for a Sonic movie.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2022
    • Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. Flare

Flare

This movie is going to be packed!

I also love how the direction with this film they are taking. The first being less game specific (with more hints and background jokes) and how this one is basically... lets just make Sonic 3 as a movie.

12. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Oh wow that thing was a Death Egg Robot this whole time.

This movie looks pretty amazing, and the fact this is basically a loose Sonic 3 adaption is just lovely. I started humming the big arm song while watching lol

Still can't believe this is the Sequel to the movie that initially looked like it was going to doom the franchise. Now it's turning into like the strongest branch of franchise.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. RetroJordan91

RetroJordan91

The REAL Blue Sphere Guy Member
    If this latest trailer does not get you hyped for this movie, then I honestly don’t know what will. My jaw dropped once the Death Egg Robot popped up onscreen and seeing more of Sonic vs Knuckles as well as (what appears to be) Angel Island and Ice Cap is more than enough to warrant a day 1 watch for me. I really want this to do well at the box office.

I love how this whole movie is bringing more attention to the Sonic 3 story considering the hell the game has gone through just to get brought back for a modern audience. I feel like it’s total vindication (SEGA probably thought “OK we got Sonic 3 coming back, let’s take advantage and go all out by putting it in the movie sequel”)

Definitely see this one raking in more money than the first. I will be shocked if it doesn’t.

14. Man...
    upload_2022-2-11_13-16-47.png

15. Movie looks fucking dope

16. raphael_fc

raphael_fc

Oh sorry I didn't see it was already posted. Please trash.

17. Linkabel

Linkabel

I know the answer to this is going to be "well don't watch it/stay off the internet" but not a big fan when trailers/ promo material spoil a lot of stuff from the movie.

18. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

If you don't like spoilers in pre-release material, you might want to reconsider being a member of 21st century society.

Yeah, I'm in full agreement honestly. This trailer doesn't show a lot of new stuff, but it manages to spoil a lot of intrigue from the first trailer. I just feel like it really wasn't necessary.

19. Snowbound

Snowbound

Also could be a reference to this STC cover:

Attached Files:

20. jubbalub

jubbalub

#1 Sonic Superstars defender Member
    Hello?!?! This just appears out of nowhere???

I would've preferred to see some of this kept secret, like the giant robot, but now knowing that it exists in the movie makes me infinitely more hyped for it than before. This movie is gonna fucking bang.