don't click here

THE KEN PENDERS CHRONICLES: a man you Ken DePenders on

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by The KKM, Jul 7, 2010.

1. DarkVDee

DarkVDee

Duke Of Palettes Member
    California
    Sonic DVD [CD2]
  2. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

Shade Armour? More like Shady as fuck.

Honestly it’s 2022, how is this man still going with this.

3. Blue Spikeball

Blue Spikeball

He's desperately clinging to controversy and fan outrage to stay relevant. He knows that if he doesn't stir the pot people stop caring about him and forget him. This is the same man who keeps bringing up the "Geoffrey took Sally's virginity" thing like every month without provocation.

4. Ch1pper

Ch1pper

Fighting the Battle of Who Could Care Less Member
    Life.
    Wait, he does!? Like, he voluntarily brings it up repeatedly?
    I honestly thought that was a one-off for him that the internet saw, reacted to, and forgot before moving to something else.

5. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    He doesn't bring up the Sally/Geoffrey thing regularly, but he has this... strange thing where he defends depicting teenagers around 16 years old having sex. I've seen him say that The Lara-Su Chronicles will have teenage sex and be vigorously defensive about it when people say that's fucking weird no less than three times in the past few months. It's creepy at best.

6. Blue Spikeball

Blue Spikeball

He has been indirectly referencing that event and people's responses to it long after things cooled down. He just wrote this less than two months ago:

7. Ch1pper

Ch1pper

Life.
    Christ, he's an unsettling fuck.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2022
  8. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Ya seriously beyond being an asshole he's really creepy. He's like Chris-chan (I believe she's transitioned and goes by Christina now? Regardless just because she's trans doesn't give her a pass for being a creep), only his fan fiction was sold in stores for a while.

9. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    I see in this twitter thread that people are using the enclycospeedia against Ken. Anyone need some screen shots from Chronicles? Or camera shots at least?
    I have a complete file.

10. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    Ken may be extremely creepy but I think flippantly comparing him to Chris-Chan is a bit much.

Still, doesn’t change that his fixation on teenage sex with anthropomorphic animals is disturbing.

11. Ch1pper

Ch1pper

Life.
    Like so many of Ken's musings, I understand and could theoretically agree with the basic idea of "it's all fiction and not real", if he didn't immediately broadstroke the pushback as simply "unevolved". When it's a franchise about young adults aimed at kids, and you're representing that brand in an official capacity (or still choosing to after quitting/whatever the hell happened to him), and on top of that you've put so much any thought into that aspect of it... I won't lie, I can understand the comparison. Ken has the same unawareness, stubbornness, and lack of remorse. It's just kinda worse because he has all the makings of the "lol Sonic fan" stereotype and worked on it professionally.

Truly, the only other explanation in my mind is that he's a master level troll. Which one seems more likely?

12. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    The thing about "trolling" is that you can only do something "ironically" for so long, and with so few people in on the "joke".

If Pendies tweeted out tomorrow that he was actually just joking this whole time and knew he was full of shit, why would that matter? How would him not taking his own actions seriously change the fact that he did them? Even if it were true, which it definitely isn't, it would remain functionally identical to the way things are right now, where everyone thinks he's a liar because of the lies he tells all the time. "Jokes on them I was only pretending" has no power here.

That said, we don't need to compare him to an actual criminal rapist, nor do we need any of that discussion here. He's already nasty enough to make fun of on his own merits.

13. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

FWIW, I'm willing to give people the benefit of the doubt that they were unaware of this uninformation.

Regardless, Penders isn't a troll. He's dead serious any thinks way too highly of himself. And he seems to think he's fighting the good fight on Twitter. Dude's never going to stop as long as people keep engaging him.

14. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Agreed. Let's avoid doing this, please.

15. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Sorry folks didn't mean to bring things to this, I had no intention of even continuing bringing them up after said comment. But I'm sorry.

Can we maybe just delete the past few comments, sweep this under the rug and kinda pretend nothing happened? Either way, moving on.

16. Ch1pper

Ch1pper

Life.
    Yeah, same. Didn't mean to derail the topic; just found it interesting is all. Please carry on!

17. MrMechanic

MrMechanic

About a month ago MR Penders made his list of 'Characters I definitely own, so says the United States of America copyright record system."

Unfortunately for him, I'm not sure he's aware but anyone (including non US Citizens) can access and look up any record stored on there...

So I did... Here's my full twitter thread of that...

https://twitter.com/DaveLuty/status/1481368812335374337

But this is the most important bit.

[​IMG]

According to these records (provided by Penders), Julie-SU is covered by those registration codes...

But when you look them up... You get the following records.

https://publicrecords.copyright.gov...y=VA1716944&records_per_page=10&page_number=0

https://publicrecords.copyright.gov...y=VA1716877&records_per_page=10&page_number=0

And it actually has Ken Penders own words written there as to what he owns... Here is where things get wild.

[​IMG][​IMG]

According to Penders own evidence, and his own words written on the public records... He DOESN'T own the character Julie-Su, "I claim the text for the story and nothing beyond that".

At most, he claims ownership of artwork depicting some characters, but does NOT claim ownership of said characters.

So I'm not a copyright lawyer but... based on just these records for 1 character... he doesn't actually the one character his never to be released comic book is based on?

• Informative Informative x 7
    • List
  18. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

So he doesn't own the character?

Effectively this ends the story here, then. Ken hasn’t produced anything of note regarding the project in over a decade, still isn’t really producing anything else, and is now pushing NFT’s. At this point, what else is there to say that doesn’t already speak for itself?

I think Ken’s contribution to the Archie comics run is a fascinating and noteworthy footnote in Sonic’s history that deserves to be remembered. I grew up with the UK Sonic The Comic but read a lot of the Archie stuff in the early 2000’s and was surprised and intrigued at some of the storylines and tangents for a cartoon Hedgehog typically aimed at kids - if anything it was certainly interesting. I think though that it’s time to get off this crazy Merry-go-round.

If it wasn’t for this thread I likely wouldn’t even have known anything about Ken’s escapades. It’s been a fun, if frustrating decade long read. When random people on the internet get bored of picking your stuff apart, that’s a sign, surely?

19. MrMechanic

MrMechanic

Not according to the evidence he's provided.

From what I can see and my understanding of these listings. Just because said strips contain those characters doesn't mean he owns them.

You can see in the 2nd screen how he had to specify what his listing doesn't cover and what it does.

The listings prove he owns the rights to the scripts for the stories and some of the artwork. But there is absolutely nothing in either of them about character rights or ownership.

20. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    Have you looked at any of the others aside from Julie-su? Do they all say things like this? That's kind of big.