don't click here

Upscaling 720p HDMI gaming to 1440p or 4K

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Willie, Nov 17, 2021.

1. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    There has been a lot of hype about the RetroTINK 5x-Pro because it does an amazing job up-scaling analog signals (composite, component, S-Video, RGB, & SCART) to a 1440p HDMI image. I think that technology sounds amazing, but I'm wondering if there is a device that allows people to upscale 720p HDMI gaming to 1440p or 4K. Like if I bought an Analogue clone system, set it to 720p, then used it to upscale to 1440p or 4K, that would be amazing for getting the most crisp image on a ultra high definition display. Does anybody here know of any technology that exists which can accomplish this outcome? If so, what are the best products on the market?

Edit-

It's also worth mentioning that I would want something that adds zero latency.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2021
  2. Chaos Rush

Chaos Rush

AKA J.Matz Member
    Since 720p sources are usually HDMI to begin with, why would you need this? Does your 1440p/4K monitor have trouble upscaling 720p?

3. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    I don't own a 1440p or 4K monitor, but if I did, a lot of those TV's and monitors don't display 720p content with ultra sharp pixels. The reason why 720p upscaled to higher resolutions is desirable for older games is because 240p content upscales perfectly to 720p, 1440p and 4K, but not 1080p. I like seeing the pixels as large as they can be without losing any sharpness.