don't click here

Discotek Media has licensed the Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by KingOfBunnies, Dec 14, 2021.

1. KingOfBunnies

KingOfBunnies

Last edited: Jan 20, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  2. John Chrysler

John Chrysler

WOAH WOAH WOAH HOLY MOLY JESUS CHRIST W H A T ?!

3. _Sidle

_Sidle

4. Metalwario64

Metalwario64

That AoSTH rendition of the western Sonic 2 cover just reaffirms that I much prefer that design over the westernized Robotnik design that was being used on the covers around that time, even though that one is closer to Japanese Eggman. At least the AoSTH design has a lot of personality when the western game Robotnik just felt like a blander, more generic version of Eggman.

5. SomeSortOfRobot

SomeSortOfRobot

Mid-Southern US
    http://legendoflucy.com
    Sad it's not in HD, but thats the unfortunate reality of shows mastered on video. The original negatives are most likely gone.

This is still cool though

6. Kushami

Kushami

Oldbie
    I'm not sure who wrote the front page story, but a small correction: the most recent DVD release from a couple years back was in mono. (https://www.amazon.com/Adventures-S...+Sonic+the+Hedgehog+DVD&qid=1639463314&sr=8-1) The Shout! version was in stereo.

it was hard finding materials for this, but we managed to get it all together. To fill in some of the dropouts, I literally had to pull some recordings from my own childhood VHS tapes.

If people have any questions about the release, let me know, I can definitely clarify anything.

• Informative Informative x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. Blue Spikeball

Blue Spikeball

I love how those covers are closer to the games than anything from the show itself :V

Still, false advertisement or not, they're quite neat. Although I can't help but be puzzled as to why Robotnik seems to be attempting to crush his own fortress in the S2 cover homage :V

8. Mecha Sally

Mecha Sally

Oldbie
    Glad to see this getting re-released. Not my favorite of the Sonic shows but I do respect it for what it is, and since it spawned many Youtube Poop memes I gotta respect it for that too. The inclusion of the pilot is a huge deal too as that's been considered lost media for a while. Love the artwork, too!

9. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    I was about to mention you when I was thinking about posting in this thread earlier.

My question is how clean is the pilot?

It has been on YouTube for years.

10. Kushami

Kushami

Oldbie
    The one on youtube is like, 120p or 240p... very low res. This is direct from the tape Milton had, at 480p. It's not perfect, but it's never looked this clear before.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  11. KingOfBunnies

KingOfBunnies

I don't know a lot about licensing, but what made Discotek want to acquire this series? How did it feel making new art for the show rather than use the stock art that say the Shout! release used? Was there any guidance from Sega on making the new art?

12. Wildcat

Wildcat

This is so cool. I don’t have the old release but I would have wanted this regardless. I hope SATAM gets an updated collection.

I always find it weird now when some artwork/animation has his pupil wink. It’s ok I know it’s for a more cartoon-y expression. Just weird like his pupils are independent from his overall eyes.

13. hiadlzupfer

hiadlzupfer

lol that fat-shaming description of Robotnik is priceless XD

14. Kushami

Kushami

Oldbie
    It was a lot of fun and I got to make a cool cover with some of my favorite artist friends. The main thing is it has to look like the show and not something else.

Fat shaming?

15. Blue Spikeball

Blue Spikeball

They're talking about this:
    "Robotnik is not a straight villain. He is an object of ridicule.
    When drawing him keep that fat adult you hated when you were a child in mind. Or your least favorite politician."

"Big, huge, fat and repulsive."

Those notes certainly haven't aged the best.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  16. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    I don't see any information, so is the case a reversible cover or are there two variations of the BluRay?

Anyway, hoping for SatAM and even Sonic Underground in the future.

17. KingOfBunnies

KingOfBunnies

It's reversible like basically all of their blu-rays.

18. Kushami

Kushami

Oldbie
    Osleeve with a reversible cover that's the same art as the osleeve if you don't like osleeves, yeah.

19. Snowbound

Snowbound

Any chance we’ll be getting SATAM on blue-ray in the near future? :)

20. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    Consider the white parts of his "eyes" to be fur markings and the "pupils" to be little beady hedgehog eyes and this clears up well enough lol