don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog Cinematic Universe Thread (& Knuckles)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, May 28, 2020.

1. Yeah, the fact Paramount (in 2-3 years) learned more than Sonic Team is something else...

2. Linkabel

Linkabel

I wonder if Knuckles movie design was a little bit based on moon bears (the same ones that gave Yuda the idea to give him a crest).

Or at least his body reminds me of one a bit with the way he looks and moves.

3. shilz

shilz

getting my daily allowance of vitamin kk
    It looks kind like the Puma branding was removed entirely from the shoes, but nothing else about the shoe seems to be changed? so is Puma allowing their design to be used with even less branding or are they just straight up not involved anymore?

4. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    I was really hoping for Idris to use his natural accent with Knuckles, but I get why they directed him otherwise.

But man, that line hyped me for the movie. I need to see how Eggman made it back! I need to see the look on Knuckles' face when he realizes Eggman tricked him!

5. You know the trailer is good when you realise you should have sleeped 5 hours ago... lol

6. Sui Eel

Sui Eel

captan Member
    Still greatly dislike the human roles outside of Eggman. Tails and Knuckles seem like they've been given a lot of love in this sequel though.

Hoping most of the movie is Sonic and Tails this time instead of Sonic and Tom.

7. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    Hey, it gets released on the day before my birthday, nice. And the plot sounds interesting, too. I will probably go to the cinema with my girlfriend if we're not too tired after visiting Paris from the 27th to the 29th.

8. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Knuckles is fucking badass. Definitely looking forward to this.

9. DeltaWooloo

DeltaWooloo

Be a boss-man and come to my big and tall man shop Member
    The only thing I'll say about what I saw in the trailer is the fact that Idris Elba made Knuckles sound sexy.

10. Vaiz

Vaiz

I'm still here for some reason! Member
    Internet.
    #MakeKnucklesCoolAgain

I feel like dude has been relegated to 'dumb guy friend' in the games for the last 20 or so years (post-SA2). Obviously he's still getting duped in this movie since it's his Sonic 3k style introduction, but hopefully he kind of has his cool loner persona that he had in the Adventure games after he realizes Robotnik is a dick.

11. Flare

Flare

Now that I’ve had time to sleep and watch reactions. The only question about this movie is…

Who will be teased for Sonic Movie 3

Also love that Agent Stone who had an affinity for making coffee, now works in the Mean Bean Cafe...

Last edited: Dec 10, 2021
  12. Childish

Childish

Pigs wiggle when they walk Member
    Shady lane
    Sonic 4 Blast Processed
    Big the cat

13. FGNgDpVWYAU_O3O.jpeg

AW YEAH
    THIS IS HAPPENIN'!

14. Provided Shadow doesn't come in and steal his thunder again.

15. Flare

Flare

THIS!

We saw plot points in this trailer that Sonic Team haven't acknowledged since 2003... I do love how the team on the movie took the note 'we want it more like Sonic from the games' and has delivered ever since.

16. Blastfrog

Blastfrog

See ya starside. Member
    I've gotta say, even as a jaded cynic who didn't like the first one very much (or modern-day Hollywood in general), this trailer impresses me. If the full film is just as good as the trailer, I think I'll actually end up enjoying it.

It's clear that they're putting a lot more effort and care into getting the characters right, as well as including more game lore rather than Sonic just plopped into generic-Hollywood-plot-#6502. Huge props to the creative team, they seem to know what they're doing this time around.

17. Forte

Forte

I speak better after three beers Member
    Poland
    I suppose Chaos is going to appear.
    In the first one we saw Echidnas, it has to go somewhere. Now we get Knuckles and the Chaos Emerald lore, so Chaos is a pretty natural conclusion, and a good way to finish the trilogy.

Of course if its intended to be a trilogy, I don't mind seeing Shadow in the 4th movie, or an Unleashed styled 2-parter.
    Wonder if they are planning to do some Sega crossovers in the future. Hoping for that Majima/Jim Carrey team up.

18. Zigetch

Zigetch

Enjoy this world~ Member
    Georgia
    Everything about that trailer felt right. Sonic and Tails in the Tornado, Robotnik's return and new look, the Master Emerald and that shot of Sonic standing on a rooftop at night. Knuckles' introduction couldn't have been any better. He already feels powerful and contrasts with Sonic super well.

And honestly, the fact Stone is standing in front of a coffee shop while shouting about Robotnik's return tells me the folks behind this movie know what worked the first time. I think it's in good hands.

19. Flare

Flare

I'd put bets on Shadow and Amy if they do make a sequel... which is what I was implying because I can't imagine they wouldn't assuming this does good... which leads me to another thing I've noticed.

I have been watching some reaction videos, some Sonic fans, others movie fans. But is kinda cool how despite different levels of knowledge of the series people seem excited when they saw the emerald. Even if they called it a gem, or diamond, they know it as a staple in the series in some way.

Just amazing seeing people hype, whether they are current or old school fans.

20. My only real concern is how the focus is going to be divided. As I suspected, the human characters are still going to have a major supporting role.

There were like four human characters excluding Eggman, so the film has to balance around 8 or so characters.