don't click here

Sonic Frontiers Thread - PS4, PS5, Xbox, Switch, PC

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by MykonosFan, May 27, 2021.

1. Harmony Friends

Harmony Friends

it's the whole gang Oldbie
    What the hell was with that frame pacing though? This game is gonna perform like solid ass on my PC isn't it

Haha of course it will it's gonna have fucking Denuvo cuz it's Sega looool

EDIT: Ian Flynn tho!!! Good for him good for him

Last edited: Dec 10, 2021
  2. Snub-n0zeMunkey

Snub-n0zeMunkey

yo what up Member
    oh god do you have a source for this? this was a fear of mine, I'm not a big fan of his works

3. Laura

Laura

Brightened Eyes Member
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    This is also in the GameInformer article, found here:
    Sonic Frontiers Drops The Blue Blur Into His First Open World Game - Game Informer

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. MontiP

MontiP

"Tylerfoxorwhatever? I barely know her!" Member
    Chile
    Who was that voice in the trailer, btw? It wasn't Tails, was it?

6. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    I assume that's "Ghost Girl".

7. Laura

Laura

Brightened Eyes Member
    If Eurogamer are correct I think it's interesting that Sachiko Kawamura is the producer. Not sure what Iizukas role in the game is.

Could explain why the game has more organic look knowing her art style.

8. With this being an "open Zone" game, I basically cannot fathom that ST wouldnt prioritize the movement mechanics. Sonic will probably handle well.

The world looks pretty. Actually looks more like a shadow of the colossus fusion than straight up botw, but I totally get the comparisons, they are logically to be made. Every open world title in the last 4 years is inspired by botw.

BTW I did see loops, for those saying it's flat. Check out the trailer again, some of the tunnels were designed like loop-cylinder hybrids.

We didn't see gameplay, but I have a feeling this game will be a good entry. Even without seeing actual gameplay I think this was a "decent" tease. We'll learn more around March-april probably.

9. John Chrysler

John Chrysler

Dude Ian Flynn will write this this is so cool!

10. CaseyAH_

CaseyAH_

human incarnation of Palmtree Panic 'P' Mix Member
    Ian writing it does inspire some confidence. He ain't a perfect writer but the hits far outweigh the misses imo.

11. Turbohog

Turbohog

The news that Ian Flynn is writing is really the only positive to me so far. He's definitely earned his chance to write for a game.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  12. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    I like what I've seen. I think this game could end up being very, very cool. I'm optimistic. Sonic Team can do this.

13. Flare

Flare

Princess Zelda I think...

I do ponder the term Open Zone... which could just be marketing? Or could mean there are specific areas you run around in but its not like you can run form one side of the world to the other.

Either way... it does sadly come down to whether Sonic handles well or not. But it looks nice.

14. Snub-n0zeMunkey

Snub-n0zeMunkey

yo what up Member
    I was really hoping for a shake up with new direction and I'm not entirely sure Kishimoto is the right one to tackle this. His Sonic games since Colours have always come across as an aping of the things he thinks work for Nintendo games rather than what works specifically for Sonic

I would like to hope he's approaching this from a different mentality, after all the director of Zelda Skyward Sword also directed Breath of the Wild and those are drastically different so who knows I guess.

15. _Sidle

_Sidle

I'm guessing that's out fabled Ghost Girl, based on how different the JP voice is.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  16. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    Oh man, I just realized there's a possibility to make this run on Switch, it could be cloud-based.

17. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • List
  18. Ayu Tsukimiya

Ayu Tsukimiya

UGUU~ Member
    On one hand, no gameplay. On the other, they made it pretty clear what it would be like.
    On one hand, Kishomoto is directing. On the other, Ian Flynn is writing.
    I'm conflicted.

This isn't even that hard to figure out. Just base his controls off of SA1 and it'll automatically be at least playable.

19. MontiP

MontiP

"Tylerfoxorwhatever? I barely know her!" Member
    Chile
    Actually, I'm a bit out of the loop (heh)... is "Ghost Girl" supposedly a new character or Lah?

20. ItsBrieDude

ItsBrieDude

my brain is the spinning seal gif Member
    My stream of consciousness takes:

• Short of last-minute rewrites/cuts (i.e. what seems to have happened with Forces), Ian at the helm means there should be at least some sort of interesting and cohesive narrative here.
    • I have faith that Sonic will at least "feel good" running around, and to me that's what matters most. If core movement is fun, the rest of the game can thrive.
    • Way too early to pass judgement on framerate. I guess it's good they're being honest with us about the current state as it could have easily been faked to 60fps.
    • The aesthetic needs to grow on me. Their art direction has been strong and consistently high quality for over a decade, but trying to reinvent it has... potential? It certainly doesn't feel like SLW and Forces, but maybe that's okay. SLW and Forces didn't feel like Unleashed/Colors/Gens, and that was okay.
    • I don't "get" the desire for Sonic's model to be different -- part of the push with Unleashed was to make the character feel cohesive across the board and I quite like this design. This model can be very expressive and notably, it can animate well at high speed. They just have to... actually make the animations expressive.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • List