don't click here

Sonic Frontiers Thread - PS4, PS5, Xbox, Switch, PC

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by MykonosFan, May 27, 2021.

1. Turbohog

Turbohog

Man, Sonic Team is so uninspired. Even that pose of Sonic standing is an obvious Breath of the Wild knockoff.

2. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    ... I've never been this hyped over nothing. This gives me the same feelings that Sonic 06 trailer gave me all those years ago, but this time it looks like it'll happen.

God please be good but the fact you can move in more than a straight path is just fantastic

3. JcFerggy

JcFerggy

Do you want to taco 'bout it? Member
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    GoldenEye: Source, Other Stuff
    Sega can't afford to keep releasing these nothing trailers. I want to care. I want to see gameplay as a fan. Instead they're just pulling us by the balls and just hyping up nothing? Like I went in with a low expectation and I was still disappointed. And the way the footage stuttered along with the baron environments makes everything seem extremely work in progress. Honestly I'm getting a worse vibe than Forces on how they're advertising this thing.

4. Gonna echo those wishing this was Gameplay but nevertheless, what's shown was alright. Makes me yearn for the likes of Sonic Unleashed's original trailer where it was cuts of a level (similar to what we've got here), and then to gameplay.

I got very Sonic Omens vibes from it though. Which is wild to say that I've got to the point of comparing Sonic Team's future games to that of fanmade efforts.

5. Flare

Flare

Yes they can.

6. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    It really feels like the Phantasy Star Online part of Sonic Team is handling the art direction of this game. Not a single ring to spring to be seen in these shots. I wonder if that's for trailer purposes.

Switch being a platform is concerning. There's no way it can run what it showed in the trailer well, and I imagine 60fps is only a target for PS5/XSX.

7. Laura

Laura

Brightened Eyes Member
    So the good it looks organic and graphically impressive which is nice. Nice departure from the poor kind of minimalism of before. The aesthetic is blatantly ripping off BoTW but I think it works.

The fact its more open means the movement cannot be as restrictive.

If the sexy ghost girl is in it then that's some hilariously bad ST shit I'm down for.

The bad. No gameplay so it could be awful. Not convinced it'll run well.

8. Taylor

Taylor

The same post that called the name also gave info about the game, such as it being open-world and BOTW-inspired. Kinda moot now the teaser pretty much confirms that.

9. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    We're over a year away still, so I'm expecting this game to disappear into the shadows until late Spring / early Summer, and then the usual Sonic marketing cycle will begin and actually show us what this game is.

10. Snub-n0zeMunkey

Snub-n0zeMunkey

yo what up Member
    man... I'm really disappointed they're re-using the model from Forces... his model in Mario & Sonic 2020 is the best he's ever looked imo, why didn't they use that??

upload_2021-12-10_2-24-45.jpeg

I'm really hoping this footage is from earlier in dev and things have changed a bit since then

11. Frostav

Frostav

Yeah that shot is so hilariously blatant it's a bit worrying.

Like damn, they really did just do that. Elden Ring did it too but I expect From Software to make amazing games whereas Sonic Team doesn't have that grace from me just yet.

12. MontiP

MontiP

"Tylerfoxorwhatever? I barely know her!" Member
    Chile
  13. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    This game looks cool. I will buy it.

Plus, Ian Flynn is writing it. Maybe a 3D Sonic game will actually have a good story for once.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  14. Frostav

Frostav

Also it won't but god

please just another chao garden I'm begging you SEGA

15. John Chrysler

John Chrysler

Jesus everyone is just shitting on this trailer good lord it's not bad infact it's cool looking so far.

16. Laura

Laura

Brightened Eyes Member
    It's directed by Kishomoto which doesn't inspire me with confidence honestly. But who knows, maybe he'll bring his A game.

17. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Basically my thoughts. If this was slated for June, and they still showed no gameplay, I'd be worried, but we have like a year before this comes out. Plus given that this basically confirms the rumors, sounds like they've worked on this a few years already.

Also @The Joebro64 Ian Flynn is writing this? Source?

18. MontiP

MontiP

"Tylerfoxorwhatever? I barely know her!" Member
    Chile
    wot

19. Frostav

Frostav

• Informative Informative x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  20. MykonosFan

MykonosFan