don't click here

Sonic Rings Series

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by The Joebro64, Jul 22, 2021.

1. jubbalub

jubbalub

#1 Sonic Superstars defender Member
    It is worth mentioning that the description of the video provides a link to Sonic Advance Revamped. This might be the first time SEGA has officially acknowledged, even endorsed, a fanmade project.

2. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Big's Big Fishing Adventure 3. :V

3. Sid Starkiller

Sid Starkiller

Virginia, USA
    Paying off student loans
    Only if they troll with a lead-up of "Fans have been BEGGING for Adventure 3 for years! Well HERE IT IS!!!" I'd die of laughter.

4. shilz

shilz

getting my daily allowance of vitamin kk
    At least we know they don't plan on rereleasing Advance any time soon.

5. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    Given what we know about screwy distribution rights, giving a gentle nudge towards a fan remaster is the next best thing.

6. Beamer the Meep

Beamer the Meep

Better than Sonic Genesis... Member
    So apparently Luna Alex who was Revamped's creator reached out to Katie after seeing the footage. Here's a portion of a comment he left on that video:

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  7. YuTwo

YuTwo

I mean his name even showed up on the Sonic Mania Introduction Manual under the "Additional Thanks" section of it. He even acknowledged that he was in it on Twitter much to his excitement:
    https://twitter.com/somecallmejon/status/889311438698934273 [https://archive.vn/AqyC3]
    I absolutely agree with both of you! I like the approach he makes for his videos.
    That game is no longer being worked on isn't it? It's been like five years at this point. It seems like the Twitter account for that game posts infrequently and the most recent one actually being from days ago (August 27):
    https://twitter.com/BigsFishingAdv3/status/1431410043455422470 [https://archive.vn/emyId]
    Here's Luna Alex's original comment in the video including the exact URL for it:
    [​IMG]
    /watch?v=mH1-o-5O9fo&lc=Ugxo9tYwSX0J4v_08294AaABAg

Here's the full comment you quoted including the comment they responded to:
    [​IMG]
    /watch?v=mH1-o-5O9fo&lc=Ugxo9tYwSX0J4v_08294AaABAg.9RAMcjKAFgi9RCR9zVwmRi

/watch?v=mH1-o-5O9fo&lc=Ugxo9tYwSX0J4v_08294AaABAg.9RAMcjKAFgi9RCboFUbXw6

8. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    New one out today: WWE's Xavier Woods.

I miss the drawing and GHZ1 segments some of the others had, but I think this one's my favorite so far.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2021
  9. RetroJordan91

RetroJordan91

The REAL Blue Sphere Guy Member
    As a wrestling fan, I was excited to see Xavier talk about Sonic.. I hated the New Day when they first came in to the WWE but I remember watching his Sonic 2 and Sonic Mania videos (along with his yearly Madden tournaments with the other wrestlers) on his YouTube channel and that’s how I got into his content.. he has a great personality outside of the ring.

This was a pleasant surprise

10. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    I really don't know who any of these people are, save for having heard of The Completionist by name a few times.
    Is this what being old feels like? It's too soon for me to have an existential crisis, man.

11. Sid Starkiller

Sid Starkiller

Virginia, USA
    Paying off student loans
    Agreed. I'm 33 and this is very much making me feel like an old fogey.

12. Y'all need to watch more wrassilin.

13. shilz

shilz

Hey look! It's someone we actually recognize!

14. RetroJordan91

RetroJordan91

I don’t know who this guy is.. maybe some of you here will know him better than I do:

15. shilz

shilz

Minecraft youtuber turned Streamer I guess. I watched some of his videos back in 2013-2014 but I have not caught up with whatever he's doing now, mainly just because his content was always more aimed at the younger side - Structured videos with a formula and role play elements.

16. Forte

Forte

I speak better after three beers Member
    Poland
    I don't recognize any of these people tbh, aside from The Completionist.

Man, I'm getting old. I remember when AVGN and Nostalgia Critic were becoming popular. Good times, AVGN kinda sucks now and NC had his fair share of controversy.

17. RetroJordan91

RetroJordan91

Well “Father Time” has taken up James’ life nowadays but he can still put on a quality show here and there.. As far as Doug goes, I haven't really paid attention to what happened to him but I still catch his videos whenever it’s something I like.

But yeah most of these people are unknowns to me except two (The Completionist and Xavier Woods).. I really hope SEGA collaborated with more well known dedicated Sonic fans (*cough* Johnny *cough*)

18. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Aoi Yuki is a fan who went to work on the series through voicing Sticks in Japanese, if that helps.

19. RetroJordan91

RetroJordan91

Yeah it does a little bit.. like I said before, I know others here will know way more about these folks than me

20. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    Other than Johnny, I think AntDude, Clement, GeekCritique and KingK all deserve to be on this. I mean, maybe KingK’s off the list because of his damning critique of Colours Ultimate, but he’s done a lot of good Sonic content imo.