don't click here

Sonic Forces: Speed Battle

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by JcFerggy, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Pengi

Pengi

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. shilz

shilz

getting my daily allowance of vitamin kk
    But Zeena's the unicorn!

3. Sid Starkiller

Sid Starkiller

Virginia, USA
    Paying off student loans
    Thank you Sega, for not dressing Cheese up as Kyubey.

4. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Bit characters like Rouge and Cream have two costumes each. Even Zazz and Zavok each have costumes in this game. But Tails? Nah man. No love for the the series secondary protagonist. Lol

5. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    Honestly I’ve come to the conclusion just hates its player base anyway. Just look at how steep the prices are in the new lightning deals section of the shop.

6. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Maybe they hate Modern Tails as much as I do :eng99: but in all seriousness I'm inclined to agree. They give costumes to characters no one likes (STOP TRYING TO MAKE THE DEADLY SIX WORK THEY DON'T), never properly balance op characters, and the game is a cash sink.

Seriously who the fuck is pushing the Deadly Six? Is it someone at Sega? The comic and this game keep pushing them and I'm like... why? Not Bowser and his 5 not Kooplings are the worst characters added to the series since Elise, and they don't use her any more. Hell I'd take a return appearance of Marine the Racoon over these idiots. Like do younger fans like them? I mean younger fans like Jason Griffith too I can't exactly account for their tastes so maybe? And yet oddly, they only embrace 3 of the Deadly Six, the emo one, fat one, and Dark Yoda over there are ignored but Zavok, Zazz, and Zena are present (Zena's the only one I like, she looks the closest to fitting in with the rest of the cast and there are no other female villains in the Sega cast. They should have given her the leadership role instead of Bowser clone Zavok)

Wish they released like a classic character pack already, or at least Mighty and Ray. Really wish they'd start embracing like a Team SegaSonic with Classic Sonic, Mighty, and Ray in it (that way less duplicates like Classic Tails and Knuckles).

Last edited: Aug 15, 2021
  7. shilz

shilz

I like Zavok (plus he's there because he was in Sonic Forces) and was frequently requesting Zeena in Hardlight's Discord for a time. I spent her whole event time on top of when I could obtain more cards. So clearly something about that worked.

I'd honestly rather have them add more characters themselves instead of create new pseudo-free costumes, mostly because half the time the costumes don't really make any sense in relation to the character, and really it's kinda weird that Infinite still hasn't been put in - at this rate, he's never getting in, or they're only gonna add him once they're about to stop development of the game altogether.

8. Starduster

Starduster

Britain
    They’re not free at all. Special characters require 300 cards to unlock, far more than any other kind of character. As somebody who staunchly refuses to fervently whale on the vault key events like HARDlight wants me to, I can tell you from experience that your chances of not unlocking a special character are pretty high if you don’t spend Red Star Rings or buy the vault key. And then once you do get these OP characters, the ring cost for their upgrades are super inflated, perhaps to suggest a form of balance, but really just to drive players to the shop to buy the rings they need to upgrade these characters to be even more OP.

Honestly it’s a disgusting and insidious system that needs to burn. And don’t get me wrong, I’m not against F2P models supported by micro transactions on principle - I’ve spent more money than I’d care to admit on Fire Emblem Heroes. The difference is that FEH is far more generous to F2Ps and, barring a couple of recent examples, new premium characters don’t break the game in half and force everybody to spend for them if they want to keep up.

The most frustrating part is that I’ve spoken with some of the devs in the HL Discord and they’re very open to critique, but the monetary issues I’ve brought up have never really been addressed even verbally. To me that suggests that all this comes from greedy execs which are destroying a game that clearly has had a lot of passion put into it and could be so much more than it currently is.

9. shilz

shilz

I think that's why I specifically said pseudo-free. *Technically* you'll be able to put in the work, eventually. You're just not likely to do so in one event.

10. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

The new "lightning deals" section of the shop annoys me to no end. I keep spending copious amounts is Red Rings there completely by mistake when I try to scroll the screen. It's garbage.

11. Starduster

Starduster

Britain
    It’s very hard not to rag on this game every time I see it pop up at the top of the board…so I won’t try not to.

Yeah, the fact that there’s no confirmation window on these things is trash and honestly I’m not sure how much of the stuff like this is oversight or just malicious design.

12. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

The game is full of shit. I would be so down for mobile games that cost just a few quid has no premium bullshit whatsoever, but that's just not what the masses want apparently. This one this about the lightning deals I'm willing to call an oversight, but things like the poor character balancing and excessive prices are predatory design.

13. Sid Starkiller

Sid Starkiller

Virginia, USA
    Paying off student loans
    It has nothing to do with what the masses want, and everything to do with what gets them more money. Remember, these kinds of games make 90% of their profit off 10% of their userbase.

14. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

The masses want instant gratification and don't want to pay to access something, but they will pay to enhance or speed up something that they almost have. Mobile games with a low price of admission and zero IAPs make far less money than the inverse. The "beauty" of IAPs is that you only buy progress/consumables, so your purchase effectively expires and you'll want to buy it again.

Most people will spend a small amount on mobile games. A life refill here or a bonus item there. Even if only a small selection of players actually provide most of the profits, the F2P model with ads and IAPs is one that the masses respond well to.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2021
  15. Only for viewing

Only for viewing

aka Superstarxalien Member
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  16. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Tails has no skins and now Silver joins the club of characters that have multiple skins. Lol

17. Starduster

Starduster

Britain
    I uninstalled this game a few weeks ago because I'm just so sick of the state it's in, and I imagine many others must've done the same, since + - Infinite is a character who has been heavily requested pretty much as long as the game's been around   , so I imagine they'd trying to reel people back in with a remarkable event, similar to how Super Sonic seemed like a character that just wouldn't be added for the longest time.

But it's only a band-aid over a gaping wound. This game will be dead within a year or two if it doesn't get its act together, mark my words.

18. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Its already lasted longer than many other predominately multiplayer/online SEGA mobile games, including Sonic Runners and SEGA Heroes. It's not made as much money as Dash, but it's still doing well enough to getting regular updates and events around 4 years after release launch. I don't think it's going anywhere anytime soon.

19. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    That and this game has become their current Sonic product advertising tool. It's had tie ins to the Sonic Movie, Colors Ultimate, and I'm willing to guess probably the 2nd Sonic movie. Why make a new supporting title when you can just build on top of this one?

20. Starduster

Starduster

Britain
    Because they're going to see diminishing returns if they're just planning to just keep adding new content without fixing the game's economy. As I said, I uninstall some weeks ago because I'm fed up with its tiring grind that takes away time I can spend doing things I actually enjoy. I'm sure plenty of others did so before and plenty of others will have done so since. They can use it as an advertising platform as much as they want, but if they're unable to bring the game to a state that retains the user base, it will wither and die. It's worth nothing that even the mods of the Hardlight server openly call for the devs to fix the game, which is unfortunate, given what plagues the game likely stems from decisions made by people not developing it, but I digress. If your mod team is dissatisfied with your product, how long can it really last?

And to be honest they'll probably try to do it in the twilight months, but it'll be too little, too late.