don't click here

Sonic Colo(u)rs Ultimate released for Switch, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Epic Games Store

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by MH MD, Apr 9, 2021.

1. McAleeCh

McAleeCh

Oldbie
    It happened to the Switch version of Crash Bandicoot 4 in the same region too - the difference being Activision didn't tell people what was happening at all, ghosted anyone asking about it, and when asked about it by news sites just responded along the lines of "we successfully launched it digitally in this region". The net result of all this was folks assuming the physical release had been stealth cancelled and grabbing import copies off Amazon and the like. The region's physical release did eventually emerge a few months later, but it was a really shitty way to treat fans of the series.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  2. Sid Starkiller

Sid Starkiller

Virginia, USA
    Paying off student loans
    In other words, Activision being Activision. Got it. :V

3. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    Well I'm really fucking happy Sega handled this with common decency at least. Jesus christ, Activision.

4. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

EMEA = Europe, Middle East and Africa, and by SEGA's apparent definition here that also means Australia and New Zealand (although they aren't impacted by this delay). It's more or less synonymous with PAL regions in this context.

The delay is unfortunate and I wish that we had some sort of time scale for when to expect a physical release, but I'm glad that SEGA had the decency to say that there was a problem in the first place. They could have easily pulled an Activision and kept quiet, especially because the problem is likely one that couldn't be avoided.

This isn't going to hit me, personally. I'm in no rush to get Colours Ultimate. Launch day would have been nice, but it's not essential. And I don't like buying digital copies when it can be avoided. Colours is just... Colours. I'm more excited for the soundtrack and I can listen to that by other means. Still feel bad for other people who can't get the physical as soon as they expected to.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2021
  5. Forte

Forte

I speak better after three beers Member
    Poland
    It's nice, they informed us about this. More people will get it digitally I suppose.

6. Well, looks like I'll wait a for the physical release, but it's just colours so there's no problem in waiting a bit.

7. Icewarrior

Icewarrior

I'm a member of S.T.A.R.S !!11!!!1!! Member
  8. raphael_fc

raphael_fc

Overthinking Sonic timelines. Member
    upload_2021-8-25_14-59-50.png

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. Was just coming in here to post that lmao

10. _Sidle

_Sidle

Oh wow, wasn't expecting the second part to go live so soon, for the next week on the dot. Both ManiaAdventutres 1-5 and TSROverdrive 1-2 were roughly monthly, if I'm not mistaken.
    Suppose it makes sense with the release date inching ever closer.

11. This is just a two-parter, right? Or are there more?

12. It's just two parts

13. RetroJordan91

RetroJordan91

The REAL Blue Sphere Guy Member
    I’m kinda disappointed that it will only be two parts.. wish it could have been the same # of episodes as Mania Adventures but it is what it is.. still looking forward to it regardless

Come to think of it, if part 2 is also 6-7 minutes, then this will be just as long as the 5 parts of Mania Adventures combined so it balances out I guess

14. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    I mean the important thing is using the appropriate run time to tell the story the team wants to tell. And to be honest that's never been an issue with the previous animations, so I don't see any reason to be concerned about that with this one. Sure, more Sonic animation is always great, and I've no doubt we'll get more in the future, but I don't need this one in particular to be longer.

15. Part 2 is out

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  16. Laura

Laura

Brightened Eyes Member
    I liked it a lot more than Part 1. I thought they were going a bit too far by implying the wisps died or something but they had them be revived :V

I really like Metal Sonic in Tyson's animations. He's so deadpan serious in a way that's used for comic effect.

17. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    I absolutely love the voice acting.

18. raphael_fc

raphael_fc

Overthinking Sonic timelines. Member
    Luckily the wisps don't get hurt when Sonic uses his whole body to break in multiple pieces the capsules they are in :V

19. Snub-n0zeMunkey

Snub-n0zeMunkey

yo what up Member
    Honestly I really enjoyed this, I hope they do more of these tie-in shorts for Sonic Rangers or whatever comes next!

[​IMG]
    Although this got me wondering, how did Eggman get Metal back under his control after Heroes? Obviously I don't really expect a tie-in short for a re-release of a ten year old game to be the one to finally answer this, it's just something I've never really thought about until now lol

20. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Oh there's no lore reason as to why Metal is obedient now, the comics though usually explain it as some sorta loyalty chip.