don't click here

Sonic Delta 40Mb

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Esrael, Mar 9, 2020.

1. BahamutVoid

BahamutVoid

Hidden Palace Refugee Member
    Another strange bug I've found. Out of the 4 life monitors in Hidden Palace 1, only the 1st awards an extra life. The 3 shown here don't when broken.
    upload_2021-4-28_22-21-29.png upload_2021-4-28_22-21-37.png

2. Good, as I always found Sand Shower confusing in terms of layout (and also Winter Hill).

Last edited: Apr 29, 2021
  3. Hoping for less endless pits and cheap deaths, as is with how early it is im the level order it's significantly harder than most other zones.

4. Techokami

Techokami

For use only on NTSC Genesis systems Researcher
    HoleNet!
    Sonic Worlds Next
    After doing a complete playthrough of the latest release, there is one question I have... why didn't you change Angel Island Zone to use the prototype's layout? I mean, you did it to a bunch of zones in Sonic 2, so it'd only make sense.

5. Esrael

Esrael

Neto Tech Member
    Brazil, São Paulo, Guarulhos
    Neto Assembler Editor / Sonic 2 Delta / Neto MD-DOS
    New Build released ( Sonic Delta v0.64 ) / Hardware.

- Fixed an unexpected behaviour with Winter Hill boss;
    - Removed the pillar at beginning of Neo Green Hill Act 1, when Knuckles is the main player;
    - Fixed the Robotnik eyes on totems in Neo Green Hill, that have wrong colours (green instead of red);
    - Fixed an issue with some life monitors in HIdden Palace (S2), that don't award player;
    - Fixed an issue where the "S" monitor art are loading before title cards are unloaded in some levels;

Best regards:
    --------------
    Neto.

6. Esrael

Esrael

Neto Tech Member
    New Build released ( Sonic Delta v0.65 ) / Hardware.

- New Boss for Wood;
    - The new Wood boss is a little hard to defeat when playing as Knuckles, but is possible to defeat it without taking any damage (some rings was added before the boss );
    - Changed collision behaviour ( the Player is no longer hurt by the pipe in the front of the ship ) for Hidden Palace (S2) Boss.

Best regards:
    --------------
    Neto.

7. metanite

metanite

A few projectiles from Sonic 1/2 still aren't reflected by shields- namely, the fireballs from the fire breathing statues in Labyrinth Zone and the arrows in Neo Green Hill Zone. The arrows I can kind of see being unreflectable by design, but the fireballs definitely seem like they should be reflectable.

I also found a clip at the beginning of Wood Zone act 2. If you stand on top of the first spring you can walk left through the floor and fall to your death, there's just no collision on the side at all.
    Sonic_Delta-210617-104145.png
    New boss fight is pretty fun, kind of a waiting game if you aren't Sonic/don't have Super transformations yet but still pretty good overall. No bugs on that front (yet).

8. Esrael

Esrael

Neto Tech Member
    Thanks.
    About fireballs, only fire shield is invulnerable to it.

Best regards:
    --------------
    Neto.

• Minor visual gaffe at the end of WZ2, where Sonic walks in front of the left side of the exit.
    • Sonic 1 explosions (which are used on the capsule) are miscolored.
    • Sonic 2 shield seems to have a few animation issues since it lacks the 'transparency' effect (as in, the animation is too slow for it to take affect).
    • NGHZ's and WZ's boss music starts too early; it should start after a short fade out (this also happens in Sonic 1's bosses, but that was in the OG).
    • NGHZ's totems disappear too fast when they start burrowing themselves.
    • Sonic still flashes when he's upper cutted by Knuckles (and Knuckles still runs to grab the emeralds despite there being none).

Last edited: Jun 19, 2021
  9. Esrael

Esrael

Neto Tech Member
    Thanks for reporting.
    About the first issue this is a normal behaviour if you use debug mode to recovery from a death ( The player is send to high priority plane ).

10. Esrael

Esrael

Neto Tech Member
    New Build released ( Sonic Delta v0.66 ) / Hardware.
    (Everdrive X series users can get a custom O.S. in the hack page to enable support to hack (SRAM and SEGA Mapper enabled)).

- "Super Sonic's teetering animation" Fixed;
    - Bombs in Special Stage (S2), now uses Miles palette line when playing as Knuckles to avoid them to being green;
    - Fixed Robotnik's accidental deletion in Final (S1) when he is running away with Egg Mobile;
    - Collected Emeralds is no longer resets in Angel Island, when you are playing a previous completed game.

Minor nitpicks:
    - Sound Names added to sounds in "Sound Test" in Title Screen.
    - Extra sounds in "Sound Test"

Best regards:
    --------------
    Neto.

11. Esrael

Esrael

Neto Tech Member
    New Build released ( Sonic Delta v0.67 ) / Hardware.
    (Everdrive X series users can get a custom O.S. in the hack page to enable support to hack (SRAM and SEGA Mapper enabled)).

- Beta traffic lights added to Special Stage (S2);
    - Improved speed for Labyrinth;
    - Score tally added to Final, Sky Chase and Sky Fortress;
    - Changed monitors behaviour to Sonic 1 and Sonic 2 Levels, now they uses the same object as Sonic 3K part;
    - Fixed some misspelled sound names on Sound Test;
    - Added cutscene from Final to Emerald Hill (
    Sonic is happy going to home, but...
    ...Final was not the end.).

Best regards:
    --------------
    Neto.

12. DeltaWooloo

DeltaWooloo

Be a boss-man and come to my big and tall man shop Member
    So I just tried out the new cutscene and while I do think it's a nice touch, it takes painfully long in the Emerald Hill part since the Tornado takes a while to get to center before the Death Egg rises. Could it be possible if the Tornado moves a bit faster in the next release?

Last edited: Aug 6, 2021
  13. Esrael

Esrael

Neto Tech Member
    My certified has expired and I am having some issues with server getting new one working. Until this is fixed, only http version will work. The following address are valid until I can fix the certified issue.

http://www.neto-games.com/
    http://www.neto-games.com.br/
    http://www.esraelneto.com.br/

Alternatively you can get the latest version on my discord server https://discord.gg/8Dn5j3GX on "Novidades-New" section.

14. metanite

metanite

I think the new FZ -> EHZ cutscene temporarily breaks save files, or at least something related to super transformation; after beating Final Zone, I couldn't go to Super Sonic at all until a reset. I'll need to do some more testing, because I've gotten inconsistent results on different systems, but that's what I have for now.

On my first playthrough, resetting during Emerald Hill resulted in all save files being completely wiped. After loading a save-state back in Emerald Hill and finishing the zone, resetting had all the save files back to normal, with the one I was playing on properly saved at Winter Hill with all Chaos Emeralds.

On my second playthrough, resetting in EHZ 1 showed the save file still in Final Zone, and resetting in EHZ 2 showed the save file in Emerald Hill. Both times, it showed all Chaos Emeralds.

Both cases could not super transform, and this only happens in Emerald Hill as far as I can tell.

15. Esrael

Esrael

Neto Tech Member
    New Build released ( Sonic Delta v0.68 ) / Hardware.

- Fixed Super Sonic transformation not working after new cutscene. (I had accidentally set the Super Emerald required flag).
    - Fixed some noise on Bridge song;
    - Fixed display issues during Fz To EHZ cutscene;
    - Fixed demo mode for Miles in Winter Hill, caused due to a change in Monitors behaviour in previous version;

and

Added a new options menu where you can personalize some sound tracks.

The following codes can be input in the Sound Test:
    - 1,9,9,1,0,6,2,3 - Level Select Menu;
    - 1,9,9,2,1,1,2,4 - Debug Mode;
    - 1,9,9,4,0,2,0,2 - All Emeralds;
    - 1,9,9,4,1,0,1,8 - All Super Emeralds;
    - 1,9,7,7,0,9,0,5 - Unlock "Play "Bridge"" option.

The Level Select code on Title Screen is still working, but the separated code input can be useful for retroachievements where debug mode is not allowed.

Best regards:
    --------------
    Neto.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2021
  16. What is Bridge Zone's date meant to represent?

17. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    If I were to guess probably Esrael's birthday

18. Rrose80149

Rrose80149

Happy B-Day Esrael!