don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog Cinematic Universe Thread (& Knuckles)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, May 28, 2020.

1. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    can we just shut up about a silly little meme and dish about how much of an absolute lad and chad Idris Elba is and how awesome he will be as Knuckles

2. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Ya I was saying elsewhere that while I was surprised by the choice (I imagined the Rock would have been Knuckles, seems right up his alley) I'm sure it's a choice that we'll all benefit from.

3. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

It's definitely going to be a bit surreal hearing Elba as Knuckles after hearing him make dick jokes with John Cena in the new Suicide Squad, but just listening to his voice, he's a fantastic choice. It's the classic example of perfect casting I never knew would happen.

This is easily one of my most anticipated movies of 2022. It probably won't invent cinema like The Batman will, but it might be better than Jack & Jill. My excitement is through the roof.

4. RetroJordan91

RetroJordan91

The REAL Blue Sphere Guy Member
    upload_2021-8-18_13-52-16.jpeg

Hmmmm… here’s hoping they are finally featured on the big screen

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  5. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    If they're posting that then yes they'll be involved in some capacity. A new song, maybe.

6. qwertysonic

qwertysonic

creating the biggest sonic collection
    That's awesome

7. Sid Starkiller

Sid Starkiller

Virginia, USA
    Paying off student loans
    He probably wouldn't bother saying anything on the subject if they weren't around, so we can be confident they're in it.

8. Yash

Yash

CHOCOLATE! Member
    Yeah I feel like tweeting something like that only to follow it up with "lol it is a rumor, we are not involved at all" would be incredibly odd.

9. Unfortunately that's exactly what happened... https://twitter.com/johnny_gioeli/status/1428072024044445696

I think they are probably in talks to do a song but it's not confirmed yet and they're perhaps tweeting about it to use as leverage, like "see? the fans would love it!"

Who knows though.

10. Forte

Forte

I speak better after three beers Member
    Poland
    Even if it's one scene, like Sonic tuning in to some Radio stations, and we hear "Open Your Heart" or "Live and Learn", even a fragment - it's fine by me. Hopefully the movie is spiked with easter eggs and throwbacks, for us to find.

Also, is Mr. Elba really such a good choice for voicing Knuckles? Why?
    I'm asking seriously here - i don't know anything about him.

11. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

In my humble opinion, he's one of the best actors in Hollywood currently. He was in the Wire and the Office, and he's been in a ton of movies and he's almost always a highlight of the movie. I recommend hearing his performance in Jungle Book, he does a really great job.

Also, this.

12. Robotnik building his machine and then, E.G.G.M.A.N starts playing.

13. shilz

shilz

getting my daily allowance of vitamin kk
    having Crush 40 be in-universe would kill the moment when they take the Sonic Symphony version of Live and Learn and play it for their eventual SA2 adaptation.

14. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    Honestly I just get wound up easily on this kind of thing because Bri’ish jokes are just so shallow. People only ever seem to joke about glottal stops, British food and crooked teeth when our country has actually *done* enough stupid things for us to be mocked for.

It’s not like I take offence, it’s just boring to the point of irritation seeing people on Twitter post panels from StC of somebody saying “Crikey”, hollering “BRI’ISH SONIC BRI’ISH SONIC” like some deranged gorilla. I just really don’t want this casting to lead to more of that.

Also I think Elba using an American accent could evoke Dreamcast era Knuckles which is my favourite characterisation for him, I’m sick of the aggressive dudebro from the modern games.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2021
  15. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    I lived in America for a long time, I know what you mean.

It's not really a case of "is he good for Knuckles". He's a fantastic actor (The Wire, Luther, Zootopia) and he's going to sound different from anything Knuckles had sounded like before. If you tend to be critical of Knuckles' characterisations and voices over the years it'll be a "love it or hate it" scenario for you.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2021
  16. Trickster's Joke

Trickster's Joke

He seems kinda old, but I'm sure it will work.

Micheal b Jordan shadow for the after credits scene, pls thank you

17. Forte

Forte

I speak better after three beers Member
    Poland
    Well, I hate recent Knuckles characterisation, SA2 is my favourite one.
    I've watched some Videos with Mr. Elba - he is really good. Hopefully, he nails it as Knux :)

18. Rumor has it the trailer is coming this week with Cinemacon. We'll see but I'm pretty optimistic about it! Hopefully we find out for sure whether or not Colleen is voicing Tails.

19. shilz

shilz

getting my daily allowance of vitamin kk
    That would match up with timeline of the release of the first trailer for the last one, 8/7 months before release.

I'd not really be looking forward to having to sit with it for that long but I guess I've had to sit way longer with Morbius' trailer. by the time that movie releases, its initial trailer will be 2 years old.

20. Paramount's day at Cinemacon is on Thursday so if we do get a trailer this week, it'll likely be Thursday or Friday.

We shall seeeeee.