don't click here

Sonic Origins Collection - General Thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by HEDGESMFG, May 27, 2021.

1. TheOcelot

TheOcelot

Scooty Puff Jr sucks! Member
    I want Tails to get a super form in this release of Sonic 2. Always sucked that Sonic could go super in the original but Tails couldn't. He got a super form in Mania so he should get one in Origins' Sonic 2 as a reward for collecting the emeralds.

Tails should also be given a super form for collecting the chaos emeralds in this release of 3K, and then a hyper form (along with his flicky army of death) for collecting the super emeralds.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    I'd rather the flicky army of death be kept with the hyper form. I like it as his "hyper modification", so to speak.

3. Dek Rollins

Dek Rollins

size of a tangerine Member
    US
    That's exactly what he said though.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  4. RetroJordan91

RetroJordan91

The REAL Blue Sphere Guy Member
    Yeah I like that 3 AIR added that as an option to have a super and hyper Tails.. I’m in agreement that it should be modified as an extra feature in Origins

5. Sid Starkiller

Sid Starkiller

Virginia, USA
    Paying off student loans
    Can't remember if I mentioned it already, but since we're talking about things we want, Knuckles & Tails mode needs to be a thing in every game they are in separately.

6. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    We all misread sometimes :eng99:

7. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    I actually disagree with this for Sonic 3; there was something really special about the initial disappointment of Tails not having a 7 emerald form turning into elation and surprise when finally obtaining the flicky army of death. Maybe it's nostalgia, but it feels like such a great reward for sticking it out until you got all 14. Not having it in Sonic 2 is a tougher argument, but having Tails being able to fly (edit: this ability was added to the Tax/Stealth ports right?) already kind of balances any advantage Sonic has by being able to become Super Sonic.

This would probably break S3&K, since it would effectively remove Knuckles' jump handicap, right? Even without that as an issue however, I'm not sure I'm a big fan of the Knuckles & Tails combination in terms of the characters themselves. Tails is Sonic's sidekick, but he isn't a general support character for everyone.

8. shilz

shilz

getting my daily allowance of vitamin kk
    Who says Tails has to actually *assist* knuckles? :P

9. Childish

Childish

Pigs wiggle when they walk Member
    Shady lane
    Sonic 4 Blast Processed
    yeah tails is a complete dick and drops you into spike pits and when you really piss him off, he does to knuckles what he once did to the battle kukkus *napalm bomb intensifies*.

10. qwertysonic

qwertysonic

creating the biggest sonic collection
    A 1.5 player that actually inhibits player 1 would be hilarious. Like NSMB where throwing your partners into a pit is part of the metagame. An anti-co-op mode could be kinda fun.

11. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

I wanna say that the S2 Special Stages were the original "screw over your partner" gameplay, so much so that it would often happen even when you were playing entirely by yourself.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2021
  12. qwertysonic

qwertysonic

creating the biggest sonic collection
    That's very true

13. Papa Rafi

Papa Rafi

One on one, I wanna play that game toniiight ♪ Oldbie
    Detroit, Michigan, USA
    Fatherhood, husband...hood and a few mobile apps.
    I say if we're gonna start pairing Tails with Knux, then just give the player option to pair up any character together; Sonic & Tails, Sonic & Knuckles, Knuckles & Tails etc. of course with option to decide who leads and who is the 'sidekick'. Now comes the question..."but what would be the benefit of such a feature, unless each pairing comes with special ways in which the sidekick can assist the leader?" Well...exactly that. But I know Hell will freeze over* before we'd see anything like this in any S3&K re-releases, but hey.

*Technically it did freeze over, back around March. Hell, MICHIGAN, that is.

*Ba Dum Tsss*

14. Powpuck

Powpuck

I was under the impression that Tails was given the ability to fly first and foremost because it meant he could sensibly fly in from wherever once he was "lost". Can't do that with many other characters beside him, aside from Ray.

15. Powpuck

Powpuck

While I think we can rest easy knowing that the essential golden era has been as "future proofed" as they ever could, I don't think Origins is complete without the Traveller's Tales games. As "jank" as they plainly are they are still a product of most (all?) of Sonic's co-creators. That isn't something that the other adjunct games (ie., arcade, Game Gear, Pico, etc.) have going for them, besides Ohshima approving/refining new characters iirc.

Sonic R also would be greatly improved from an increased framerate, the utilization of the prototype(/promotional art?) character models, and the option for ray tracing. Knuckles' Chaotix would need something more labor intensive to make it not an interesting experiment stretched over a bloated expanse of barren levels.

Besides, there are plenty of Sega-owned non-Sonic properties I'd prefer remastered over Chaotix, such as Ristar or Astal.

16. Iggy for Short

Iggy for Short

Sonic Advance 3, anyone? :V

17. Sid Starkiller

Sid Starkiller

Virginia, USA
    Paying off student loans
    I mean, that's kinda how I imagined Sonic 4 would be as a kid. Not full-on "anyone paired with anyone", but I did imagine that in addition to Sonic & Tails, it would have Knuckles & Tails and Sonic & Knuckles. Like Advance 3, I imagined Sonic could ride on Knuckles' back when gliding, but unlike Advance 3, I also imagined he could hang onto Knuckles' back while climbing as well.

18. raphael_fc

raphael_fc

Overthinking Sonic timelines. Member
    Back in the day I used to imagine Sonic 4 with Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Shadow, because the number of each game corresponds to how many playable characters they have.

19. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Ironically, if Sonic Mania was Sonic 5 it does have 5 characters in it thanks to Plus.

20. Sid Starkiller

Sid Starkiller

Virginia, USA
    Paying off student loans
    Well when I imagined Sonic 4, Shadow wasn't a thing yet. I later wanted to try to fit him in, but I wasn't sure how to differentiate him from Sonic. I imagined him having access to his own routes like Knuckles, and wasn't sure how to justify it with Chaos powers.