don't click here

Sonic Anniversary Symphony going worldwide

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by grantpa, Jun 23, 2021.

1. qwertysonic

qwertysonic

creating the biggest sonic collection
    Has there been any talk of releasing an album of this?

2. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Finally was able to watch this. Felt very much like two different shows split apart by the intermission. The first half - in a word, magical. Tingles down my spine every other song, that lasted all the way through until the final Colours Medley. Utterly amazing to watch, that orchestra 1000% did the tunes justice. Was not expecting Sonic Drift II of all things to show up!

The second half - enjoyable, but not as good, imo. Don't get me wrong, the bands did their usual sterling work, but whether it's just that I've seen most of them before live I dunno, they just didn't hit me in the same way the symphony part did. That said I did enjoy how the orchestra came in on the last 2 songs.

3. I don't know, but I hope we're eventually getting a one.

Also man, it still feel so surreal we could hear a orchestral version of Sunset Park Act 3 in this symphony. Never felt that good.

4. Falk

Falk

cant believe they didnt play anything from the comics

when will sega acknowledge the comics

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • List
  5. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    To be fair (and this is tangential), the SatAM theme would probably slap when played by this orchestra.

6. Linkabel

Linkabel

Am I misunderstanding this or are you saying Open Your Heart wasn't in the show? Because it was.

Katie mentioned that she's looking into it during the official Sonic stream they do on Thursday.

I hope they do, but I'm a little worried they won't since they never did released a cd for the symphony they did back in 2015.

7. Xiao Hayes

Xiao Hayes

Classic Eggman art Member
    And they didn't invite Ken Penders to host the show, can you believe it?

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. It would, and they should've played the animation themes honestly! I mean NateWantsToBattle already covered Gotta Go Fast on his album, and the Sonic Underground theme would fit in easily with Crush 40's sound- "They made a vow, their mother will be found!"

Maybe for the next anniversary.

9. Vanishing Vision

Vanishing Vision

Oh wow, I first saw Sonic Underground 15 years ago, and I can't believe it's taken me this long to consider how good a Crush 40 version of the theme would be. Now I really want to hear it.

10. Swifthom

Swifthom

A Friend Remembers... Member
    Your not misunderstanding and I just found out on discord it was the first song Crush 40 played. I nipped to the bathroom just before the changeover and thought I'd got back to see Crush 40 start - but apparently I missed their first song.

Well - I know what I'm re watching tomorrow night now :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  11. Mecha Sally

Mecha Sally

Oldbie
    An animated series medley would be awesome. Though it would probably be a copyright nightmare to get the themes from all three DiC shows, Sonic X (both the US and Japanese ones), and Look Alike from the OVA. If Sonic Prime has a proper intro theme they'd have to get that too.

12. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Why were people expecting/asking for animation themes from a show when not only is there more games themes to choose from than they could possibly hope to cover - stuff that Sega actually made themselves - but would also involve large amounts of rights-issues chasing, as well as pretty much none of the fanbase after the late 90s really caring about it? It's not like there was a mass-selling thing like SMC or Virtual Console to introduce them in large & promoted numbers to younger viewers. They had Sonic X and Boom instead.

13. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    I expect Sega to call back to animated shows about as much as Nintendo or Capcom does for theirs. Which is to say, none. lol

14. Mecha Sally

Mecha Sally

Oldbie
    This is true, which is why I didn't have any expectations for it. But hey, one can dream...

15. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    Should've had medleys of each soundtrack for Sonic CD and Sonic 3D Blast: Flickies' Island, 10/10.

16. Yeah, kinda wish they at least included Green Groove for the Sega Saturn Medley. Sonic CD at least got the Sonic Boom cover made by Crush 40.

17. Naean

Naean

Naean H.F. (Nez Man) Member
    United Kingdom
    2D. Sonic Fan Game
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2021
  18. RetroJordan91

RetroJordan91

The REAL Blue Sphere Guy Member
    This vote was brought up during the SEGA stream last Thursday.. I hope it is a serious vote because I would love to buy it.. it was a fantastic listen

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  19. karlafalves

karlafalves

Gaia Gate Guard Member
    Brazil
    Glad to know that they are finally listening to the fans :V

20. qwertysonic

qwertysonic

creating the biggest sonic collection
    I don't have a record player, but I'd get a vinyl of it.