don't click here

Sonic Colo(u)rs Ultimate released for Switch, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Epic Games Store

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by MH MD, Apr 9, 2021.

1. AstroSeedP

AstroSeedP

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    I'll just post it here for everyone:

[​IMG]

All four screenshots are using THAT lives icon.

EDIT: The original game's lives icon wasn't so stylized.

[​IMG]

This new one kind of looks like a "Tails" version of this:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  3. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    ... TAILS?

Ok, I don't like Tails given what this game started, but omg is he actually playable? The 1st non Sonic/Avatar character playable in 3D in 15 YEARS

The stylized Tails icon is the translation of the chibi Sonic head from Generations and Lost World. Almost guarantees the Sonic life icon is now the Generations and Lost World life icon.

EDIT: sorry your pic didn't load on my end that's the one

EDIT 2: OK zoom into the 1st Lazer picture with the Tails icon... that's Sonic... huh?

Last edited: May 28, 2021
  4. RikohZX

RikohZX

Okay, so Metal Sonic races for unlockables, some alleged Crush 40 work or at least some song remixes/updates, mysterious Tails life icon, and Jade Ghost Wisp for some supposed "beginner's tool" sorta deal.
    This thing is all over the place, what the heck is going on?

5. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Effort

6. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    At least the brightness and saturation issues can sorta be fixed using Reshade on PC.

7. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    I shit my pants in excitement when I saw the HUD on those screenshots.

Tails might be playable again everyone!

8. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    [​IMG]
    Ooh, that IS curious. It's possible that this is sort of a "Tails life monitor in Hidden Palace" situation, where it's not using the right model as a result of the game still being in development. But, the site looks legit, the lighting looks like Ultimate, and that lives icon DOES appear to be a newly-developed asset, so... yeah, like you said, huh?

9. Vanishing Vision

Vanishing Vision

This could actually be a perfect game for Tails to be playable in. He's a major part of the story, for one, alongside of Sonic for the whole game. More importantly, there's a lot of verticality in the levels AND there's already a basis for how Tails' flight could handle with the Hover Wisp. In fact, I watched a playthrough of Colors shortly after it came out where the players were talking about how Hover and Spike were supposed to be stand-ins for Tails and Knuckles, and that they were perhaps intended to be playable? No idea how true that is, but very interesting nonetheless.

10. Beamer the Meep

Beamer the Meep

Better than Sonic Genesis... Member
    You know, I think Sega actually made a good move outsourcing this project. The visuals could use some work, but freaking Tails?! Between him and the Metal sonic races, I'm actually fairly impressed by how they're trying to justify the price here. I wonder if this means they're going to add elements from the DS version of the game like Mother wisp. It'd be a longshot, but I would've said the same about a playable Tails an hour ago.

11. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    ....so, uh, yeah. That prediction I made a while back. That seems correct based on what we know.

A new Wisp ability, Metal Sonic races, and some cosmetic skins (which apparently that Tails icon might be, based on these tweets/clarifications?) is pretty light in terms of new content.

I wasn't expecting those graphics though, those look rough in places, bafflingly so. The EGS exclusivity after years of Sonic games being regularly released on Steam, and the digital deluxe/early access content carveup isn't very exciting either.

Still not interested in this, beyond where the metascores for this version will land compared to the 2010 Wii original.

12. Well, I never would've considered this a possibility, but seeing as how a playable tails is now in the cards, I wonder...

Now that Roger's confirmed to still be voicing sonic, is it at all possible, maybe, with the tiniest sliver of a chance, that the story has been rewritten and the cutscenes adjusted?

I know, it's a pipe dream. But... I can't help but wonder, especially since now there'd need to be a justified reason as to why tails would be exploring the park himself instead of playing techno geek the whole time. Who knows :p

13. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    People are speculating this has something to do with the preorder "player icons", but the movie Sonic ones shown don't look like they'd work as life icons, just as save file pictures, like the ones you get with the game. I have no idea what's going on there.

14. Linkabel

Linkabel

Dude, forget about the screenshots.

Check out that merch.
    [​IMG]

I would've preferred getting those goodies than the Baby Sonicâ„¢ keychain.

15. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox

Epic Games Store exclusive? Haha, no thanks, I'll stick with Dolphin.

Sega's been making a lot of bizarre decisions lately.

16. brandonj

brandonj

So i was Google translating some bits of that Famitsu article that those Tails life icon screenshots came from and while this might be inaccurate (cause y'know, Google Translate) apparently the entire soundtrack is going to be updated or remixed in some form?

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  17. raphael_fc

raphael_fc

Overthinking Sonic timelines. Member
    I really want this game but it's too expensive right now. In Brazil it's like 20% of the minimum wage.

18. raphael_fc

raphael_fc

Overthinking Sonic timelines. Member

19. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    One thing worth noting about that is that the screenshots on the website have way less-intense bloom and contrast than the trailer, so the video comparing them is not necessarily wholly accurate.

20. I noticed that too. The screenshots look better imo