don't click here

Upcoming Sonic 30th anniversary news coming 27th May

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Ted909, May 25, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i really hope "zap" will actually be about ancient echidna technology like some people said.

2. One more comment: sonic proportions in the trailer have definitely changed. They don't look like his taller modern version, more like something closer to classic or SA1 sonic. Even compared to lost world, Sonic seems shorter.

This will be interesting. I hope they reveal it at E3, I'll be looking forward to it.

3. raphael_fc

raphael_fc

Overthinking Sonic timelines. Member
    Sonic Chronicles is canon again confirmed.

4. I mean things like sky sanctuary already existed outside of chronicles. And sky sanctuary is by far one of the most adveanced (non eggman) technologies we have seen coming from another race.

5. JoseTB

JoseTB

Tech Member
    To be fair, he did say the following:
    This was up at least yesterday, well before the reveal:

Source: https://zippospeaks.blogspot.com/2021/02/sonics-30th-anniversary-and-what-to.html?m=1

He may well still be full of it, but just saying.

Last edited: May 27, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  6. BadBehavior

BadBehavior

Also, cant wait for Zap to be compromised out the ass to be playable on the Switch

7. Antheraea

Antheraea

Bug Hunter Member
    hnnnngh that's actually (some of) what I wanted. a Colors game on a modern system, and official releases of the taxman ports for stuff other than mobile. I'm good!

...the fuck kind of name is "Sonic ZAP" tho

8. foXcollr

foXcollr

Resident Dolphin Member
    US
    I don't know if either of these things were mentioned, but:

https://twitter.com/SteIIarStardust/status/1397992807785238528?s=19

Colors Ultimate will have Denuvo DRM

Sega disappoints, yet again :) This really sucks for anyone planning to play on PC.

https://twitter.com/KatieChrz/status/1397972387870642178?s=19

We have confirmation that Sonic 3 will be in widescreen, and not a barebones emulation. Clearly we don't know if anything ELSE was changed, but the 4:3 footage in the trailer was just stock footage of vanilla Sonic 3.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    It's probably Sonic UP. Upon rereading it, it seems obvious. But I guess it could be Zap!

I get the feeling this game will be about Wisps and/or the Phantom Ruby.. again. Not looking forward to that, but I guess I'll reserve my judgement until I see more of the game. On the other hand, I'm actually quite happy to see a really heavily rendered environment lol. Stylized is good for Sonic, but I've really started to miss the more detailed or grounded worlds, especially in comparison to LW/Forces' kinda blocky aesthetic.

10. Metalwario64

Metalwario64

I had no real plans to get this, since I don't like the Epic store and so far it looks worse than the Wii one ran through Dolphin, but this is a real dick move if they end up requiring an online connection to play. I admit to being out of the loop for modern gaming, but I assumed that practice was on its way out.

11. Yeah they should start targeting a constantly
    fluctuating framerate that hovers below 25 at best again. Sonic Team’s gameplay scale is limited to highy automated corridors because they don’t have the talent or vision to design anything else.

12. raphael_fc

raphael_fc

Overthinking Sonic timelines. Member
    Imagine if the Phantom Ruby was actually created by Mother Wisp.

13. foXcollr

foXcollr

Resident Dolphin Member
    US
    Not only does it require an online connection to start the game, but in the case of Sonic Mania it negatively impacted the game's performance on many systems. Huge bummer.

14. Loop

Loop

Pure of Heart. Dumb of Ass. Member
    Attention seeking from a pretend-scoop is attention seeking.

15. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    To this end, we now have a Sonic Origins thread and the Sonic Colors Ultimate thread has been reopened. So let's continue discussion of those products in those threads.

Sonic Origins Collection Announced for 2022 | Sonic and Sega Retro Forums (sonicretro.org)
    Sonic Colo(u)rs Ultimate releasing September 7th | Sonic and Sega Retro Forums (sonicretro.org)

16. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Nice little out, isn't it? If it happens to show up, he's Nostradamus, if it doesn't, then he called it being cancelled anyway - not like we'd know either way.

So he decided to change his mind on his guess - and if he was wrong, he can just point back at the older one.

nah m8, he's full of shit

EDIT: And yes, discussion should move to the separate threads now.

17. MH MD

MH MD

denuvo is actually common in recent years, and basically for all SEGA games, i expected nothing less

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.