don't click here

Upcoming Sonic 30th anniversary news coming 27th May

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Ted909, May 25, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. As an adventure fan, I'll be happy if it's another boost game...

As long as it's not another forces

2. I'm just mad sonic the fighters is on a sparate game entirelly. And from what we can see it won't be included in the collection. As a rocket metal sonic fan i'm saddened.
    rocket metal.png

Last edited: May 27, 2021
  3. RetroJordan91

RetroJordan91

The REAL Blue Sphere Guy Member
    Here I am gushing about Sonic 3&K finally being rereleased, and yet there’s no Mania sequel coming.. I mean trade in bad thing for a good thing I guess.

Praying that Taxman and Stealth will remaster it since the collection is coming out in 2022.

4. Not really sure why people are assuming that Sonic 3K won't be getting remastered for Origins. It looked like they were using the Taxman ports for the footage of everyother game, while they had a disclaimer under the footage for 3. It isn't releasing until 2022, so they may just not have been far enough along in development when the footage was compiled.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    That disclaimer was under every other game as well. It's possible they aren't ready to show an S3K remaster yet, but it's more likely it's just going to be an emulated ROM.

6. RikohZX

RikohZX

That disclaimer is there on all of the footage, not just 3&K.

7. Vanishing Vision

Vanishing Vision

Yeah, this is agitating. For Fighters, it's not a huge issue for me because I've got the 360 port (although a modern port that might have an active online community would be nice), but I hate how Motor Raid is trapped in Judgement.

8. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Basically this, especially the bolded part. I'm satisfied with what we saw.

Colours Ultimate looks strange. They're definitely adding some new cosmetics with the skins and movie stuff, which is all fine but not something that I personally care for all. The most interesting thing to me about this release is the updated design on the rainbow hoops. The contrast looks dire though, and makes the whole game appear washed out. Considering how good it looked on the Wii back in 2010, it's a crying shame that this looks so ugly. Also some bullshit about it being EGS exclusive on PC and the "Digitial Deluxe" version with added extras an earlier release date. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck off with that shit.

Zap (although it definitely doesn't say zap) has caught my attention. That's all I wanted to see; a little teaser. Looks nice. Hope it's not the boost. Looking forward to learning more.

Origins... I don't know if a Sonic game has ever had me feeling this conflicted ever. Finally we're getting non-mobile versions of the remastered S1, S2 and SCD versions. That's great, but just a little too late. Fans have already done that work because SEGA wouldn't for 8 years. These ports are 8 years overdue, SEGA. And whilst I should be happy that S3K are finally allowed to be re-released, I simply do not care if they're 4:3 emulations when the other games are the remasters. If the team at Evening Star weren't available, SEGA should have found another avenue to pursue. It's not good enough.

That's basically is. Nothing else is really that interesting to talk about. The presentation was nice. We got confirmation of the things we knew about, a teaser for the new game, a new Colours-themed animation with full voice acting, the symphony that I'm super stoked to tune in to, various Sonic-themed SEGA crossovers... it's all good. Colours Ultimate was never going to blow by socks off and Origins is a bit of a let down too. But still, there were plenty of parts to this. I'm surprised to see the amount of hate and disappointment going on. What were you all expecting? We saw more here than I was expecting at least. lol

Last edited: May 27, 2021
  9. Man i would just really appreciate a good crt filter on the collection becouse of effects transparency such as sonic 1's waterfalls or sonic 2's palmtrees being rendered correctly with scanlines and composite artifiacts. But being realistic it won't happen but i would at least like to have sonic the fighters in the collection as well as chaotix.

10. RikohZX

RikohZX

I didn't even really have my hopes up, honest. It's just the big fat Monkey's Paw and almost nothing to strongly show after the COVID hit last year when we know at least one of these things was planned to be announced a year ago.

11. Ah, I see. I only noticed it under the footage of 3. The fact that they included a disclaimer at could indicate that the collection itself isn't relying on emulation though, otherwise why bother including it at all. Guess we'll just have to wait until they actually release some details.

12. I keep popping in with little things over and over again lmao.

Why does everyone think '22 is a boost game? He isn't even boosting. :p He's literally just running along like normal and then some weird warpy, engery (corruption?) effect appears and he warps away. Sonic ran faster in the Adventure 1 opening.

Either way, the vibe I'm getting is that Sonic is somehow distorting space everywhere he runs. Sounds fun ngl.

13. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    Not super impressed by the presentation, but I'm glad Sonic Colors is getting an HD port. It deserves it. I just hope the new version reduces the amount of invisible walls and makes other quality of life changes to make it play more similar to Sonic Generations. As for Sonic Origins, I really hope we get a new version of S3&K instead of emulation like what was shown in the video. The reveal at the end was kind of lame, but I wouldn't mind a sequel to Sonic Colors if that's what Sega is teasing.

14. Childish

Childish

Pigs wiggle when they walk Member
    Shady lane
    Sonic 4 Blast Processed
    those pink squares are the same effect as the phantom ruby right?

FORCES 2 CONFERMED!!!111!!:eng99::eng99:

15. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    [​IMG]
    Weird detail: They redesigned the rainbow rings.

• Informative Informative x 6
    • List
  16. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    I was genuinely thinking the same thing for the Forces trailer; "Nah he's just picking up speed, surely they're not making another boost game"... and then they made another boost game.

So at this point I'm assuming boosting in the trailer=boost game. I'd be the happiest man on this fucking planet if I end up being proved wrong, but I prefer tampering my expectations for the time being.

17. Man, I really hope they're not mixing the Taxman remasters with a sloppy emulation of S3&K... We need a consistent collection, not one that outputs different screen formats and/or resolutions for games that are supposed to be bound by the same set of graphical constraints.

18. Naean

Naean

Naean H.F. (Nez Man) Member
    United Kingdom
    2D. Sonic Fan Game
    When I first saw that, I was instantly reminded of the Tails flight rings' designs in Sonic Adventure and Sonic 2006.

19. BadBehavior

BadBehavior

It was fine. It did what it set out to do. As for my personal observations:

1. Those shorts look dumb, probably the same energy of Mania Adventures/TSR Overdrive (Not a fan) but the inclusion of Metal Sonic is interesting. Considering how aggressively turn of the decade Sega was in throwing every character that wasn't Sonic and Eggman in the trash, it's nice to see them backpedal on that, even if its just for some throwaway animated shorts.

2. Colours graphics look garbage. When I was saying it was a port with all the same love and care as SADX, I was joking

3. At least this teaser for Sonic Zap doesn't have Classic Sonic. Tentative anticipation.

20. Yo those look slick, i also really like that there's probably new skins for sonic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.