don't click here

Upcoming Sonic 30th anniversary news coming 27th May

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Ted909, May 25, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hiadlzupfer

hiadlzupfer

Yeah that statement was a deliberate exaggeration, take it with a grain of salt - the point I was trying to make was "it seems to be getting more ok to rerelease old stuff instead of making new stuff, which i find boring"

2. Laura

Laura

Brightened Eyes Member
    I think there will be new game news. This is being covered by IGN. A lot of people are going to watch this like it's any other studio conference. This isn't like a small panel they are hosting for a fan event. I think we will probably only get an announcement trailer and it might be lame like TSR, but I don't think IGN would bother streaming it if they won't announce a new game.

3. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    I doubt IGN has any idea what's going to be covered tbh. They're probably covering it just in case, because it's the first real bit of Sonic news in years.

4. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

I agree with this. For such a short presentation, I don't think that they'll talk about very much that's particularly major. It seems more likely that they'll be delivering just a few headlines about smaller games (Colours Ultimate, a collection, Hardlight...), some merchandising and events. I doubt that a big party ala the 25th Anniversary is going to be on the cards because of covid, but they could still stage a digital event that's bigger than this presentation and could save the big news for then. Today's presentation will be the push that gets the ball rolling.

However, after they teased us with that brief new clip of Sonic running on the announcement trailer, I do rather hope they they give us a bit more of a look into that. That doesn't have to be a full blown reveal if they talk about other games, but I do want to know more seeing as they already teased it. It always feels like poor form when companies tease something and then don't elaborate upon on it at the next scheduled opportunity.

5. Wildcat

Wildcat

I think it’s plausible they’d tease the new game. A code name or something. They don’t even have to introduce it. A tease of any kind would automatically speak for itself. Like that running snippet.

6. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    Today's the day, and the stream is only 6 or so hours away.
    I know I shouldn't get exited for it given it's Sega we're talking about, but the 4 years drought finally coming to an end has got me excited like there's no tomorrow :V
    I hope they'll get Colours out of the way quickly and announce a new Sonic game, and I really, really, REALLY hope it'll be an Adventure style game.
    I honestly don't think I'll be able to handle the disappointment of getting another boost game after waiting for 4 years.

7. Laura

Laura

Brightened Eyes Member
    I'm begging that they got Evening Star on board for a Sonic Mania successor. That's all I want. If they deliver on that I'll be very happy.

8. Doubt...

9. Laura

Laura

Brightened Eyes Member
    I think it's possible but not likely, hence my begging :V

10. Pengi

Pengi

We're not getting re-releases instead of new stuff. We're getting re-releases in addition to new stuff. As development cycles get longer and longer, you'll see more and more ports and remasters for popular series, to fill the release schedule and keep the brand active.

11. Shoemanbundy

Shoemanbundy

Researcher
    Chicago, Illinois
    selling shoes
    Fully expecting a Sonic 3 re-release with the beta tracks. Gotta wonder if they would have gone this route if the proto hadn't been released to the net.

I talk about it as if it's already happened cuz I just feel that sure it's gonna happen lol

12. Given the length, and my own understanding of how Sega as a company operates, I expect.

>Sega talking how great Sonic and his fans are and a brief rundown of the series history.

>Sonic Collection reveal

>Sonic Colors Remaster reveal

>Either SegaSonic the Hedgehog or Sonic the Fighters playable in the new Yakuza game.

>Some type of cross promotion by Hardlight for Sonic Dash or Speed Battle.

>A small CG trailer for a new game and will release sometime in 2022.

13. RetroJordan91

RetroJordan91

The REAL Blue Sphere Guy Member
    SEGA probably thought those Genesis renditions of the PC tracks were lost to time just like that Sonic 1 prototype.. so if this happens, we can definitely thank drx and Hidden Palace for that

Last edited: May 27, 2021
  14. Retroman

Retroman

I'm willing to bet that it's going to be a small CG trailer of Sonic 2022, though Sonic Colors Ultimate detail reveal would be more likely with some minor presentation.
    If they do release a game, then they would include a Nintendo Switch version for sure.

15. Snub-n0zeMunkey

Snub-n0zeMunkey

yo what up Member
    If the new game is releasing on PS5, XBOX SERIES X and PC I wonder if it will actually skip over the Switch? Maybe they'll plan a version for that rumored Switch Pro

Last edited: May 27, 2021
  16. Sid Starkiller

Sid Starkiller

Virginia, USA
    Paying off student loans
    I'm expecting Colors Ultimate, whatever the collection is, maybe Prime, and MAYBE a teaser for the next new game. Absolutely nothing else.

17. The stream will be short, so I hope they will be straight to the point.

Also, lol. This better not be dissapointing (which I think there is a chance of).

18. Taylor

Taylor

The vague wording of the tweet made me wonder if there was gonna be any new game stuff, and the stream only being 12 minutes cinches my feelings about it

Good lord, there's gonna be a lot of anger :P

19. minichapman

minichapman

I'd like to think I'll be imparting words of wisdo Member
    United Kingdom
    Staying sane.
    My money is on Colours, Collection and then a teaser of an announcement. Or something like that.

Although, a decade has passed since the Generations hype train. The April announcement, the 14 day demo. Everyone data mining the shit out of it and then spoiling the game without the idea of subtleness or spoiler tags. Good times.

20. Mana

Mana

Good! Great! Awesome! Outstanding! Amazing! Member
    The Switch version of Forces sold the best despite being objectively the worst version in terms of performance. There's no way the next game isn't coming to Switch.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.