don't click here

Upcoming Sonic 30th anniversary news coming 27th May

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Ted909, May 25, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Myles_Zadok

Myles_Zadok

IDK Member
    I doubt it's Colors Ulitmate, because they would've had to make some decently significant changes if the opening animation is different. I say this expecting that they upscaled Colors and did nothing else, but even if it's more than a simple upscaling, I'm not sure making changes to the opening animation would be the best use of resources.

2. TheOcelot

TheOcelot

Scooty Puff Jr sucks! Member
    Maybe 3K (in the new collection) hasn't been given the full 16:9 widescreen remaster treatment, but is actually just a modified version of the original rom. Modified (perhaps by M2) to include the beta tracks instead of the MJ music.

3. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    That has to be intentional.

4. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Intentional from the side of whoever put the video together, but probably not something that SEGA would have approved of if they had seen it. That's what I guess anyway. They often outsource their trailers and promotional material, and these kind of errors aren't unheard of. There was a Generations trailer that played clips from Roger Craig Smith over classic Sonic gameplay, the Unleashed trailers that lazily used the ring loss sound when he picked up rings, the Colours trailer that forgot to mute some of the original audio and the S4E1 trailer that used beta sprites to represent Sonic 2. SEGA outsource trailers, and the people making the products find resources online without knowing where they come from. There's also the case of Sonia fanart appearing in ASR, but that was a slightly different scenario.

Goofs aren't uncommon in SEGA's trailers.

Last edited: May 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Gestalt

Gestalt

Sphinx in Chains Member
    It could be just a shot from an anniversary commercial where Sonic high fives the young lad and his dad, signs a comic and then kicks the jogger dude's shin. KEPT YA WAITIN' HUH

I'm a little bit afraid of Thursday.

Last edited: May 25, 2021
  6. Linkabel

Linkabel

It's a recreation of the part in the Sonic Adventure opening where he's running through the jungle for remake.

[​IMG]

half joking btw

7. Its not an Adventure remake; I say that to keep people's expectations in check.

If they do reveal a new game, I really hope they actually have gameplay to show this time and not just a small teaser cuz that's gonna annoy me a bit.

8. plushifoxed

plushifoxed

it's a DREAM PARADOX Oldbie
    jazzy nyc
    puella magi chroma magica
    huh... told myself i wouldnt let myself get too excited, but i kind of cant help it. when you get any news after this much radio silence it's hard not to...

see you all in 2 days once we're all disappointed? :P

9. camcommunicates

camcommunicates

People would be interested. I think the ‘Sonic isn’t big in Japan’ thing is a bit of myth. He is not as big there as some other countries but not small enough to say they don’t care. It’s also inconvenient for people in Australia where Sonic has always had a strong following (although a much smaller population, sure). If they made it 2 hours earlier it would have been somewhat more convenient for a lot more people. Especially for people in Sonics home country.

I wish SEGA would just put the time zones in their announcements (or did they?) Thanks for that Starduster.

10. Dek Rollins

Dek Rollins

size of a tangerine Member
    US
    I don't think I could possibly be disappointed unless they don't even mention that a new game is in the works. Otherwise I'll just be happy to get any info at all.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  11. Laura

Laura

Brightened Eyes Member
    I'm pretty excited, just to get Sonic news. It's been a good gap now and I'd like to dip back into Sonic. I wouldn't actually mind the wait for a trailer if the game gets announced closer to release.

With all the classic Sonic nods in the video I wouldn't be surprised to see more classic Sonic going forwards. Will probably annoy a lot of people if that's the case but I'm now hoping for an Evening Star Sonic Mania 2 against my better judgement and I'm getting excited :V

12. Mana

Mana

Good! Great! Awesome! Outstanding! Amazing! Member
    What if this is coming on a Thursday so they can announce and drop Colors on digital storefronts on Friday?

13. That would be ideal. Be it for the Collection, Colours, or both.

14. Wildcat

Wildcat

That 3D snippet of him running towards the screen with the wisp-like glow could definitely be from Colors Ultimate. It could be a new cut scene or trailer...I guess it could also be from the new game since Wisps have become a mainstay.

I feel like the First Movie design, 06 “death scene” and fan stuff is intentional. The message of the video is about perseverance and how people have supported the series. Even if it’s just a goof it still fits.

I expect a New/2022 game tease (working title or art), Collection confirmation and Prime info. Probably something about the movie too. I don’t think full blown announcements or reveals will happen with E3 being so close. Then the actual anniversary being close.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  15. Blast Brothers

Blast Brothers

I made a quick and dirty comparison of the scene in the video to some other ones. From left to right: movie, Ulala: Idle Adventure trailer, two shots from the video, two shots from the Colors intro.

SonicComp.jpg

At first I thought that Sonic's shade of blue was lighter than previous, but it seems about in line with everything else. It could be a *little* lighter?
    The limbs also might be just a tad shorter and thicker, but not by much.
    Sonic's glow is a little more cyan than normal but also isn't as green as the Laser Wisp.

Conclusion: None :V

16. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    All it proves is that the Unleashed model base is still alive and well, even if the series is in drastic need of an art style refresh

17. GoldeMan

GoldeMan

Texas
    I'm expecting a quick talk about Sonic Prime (maybe showing the logo or a potential release date but that is it), a few mobile game crossovers, and the Sonic Colors Ultimate official announcement (with a release date closer to Christmas). I'm hoping that we will get *something* about the new game but I doubt it will be much more than they did with Forces or TSR, a logo or a teaser trailer at most.

I realize I'm a bit pessimistic. Hope I'm wrong, still going to be a fun day regardless.

18. I think they will drop a trailer for the new game and then maybe a gamepaly for E3.

19. CaseyAH_

CaseyAH_

human incarnation of Palmtree Panic 'P' Mix Member
    At first I was thinking the unknown snippets could be an entirely redone Colors intro cinematic but the presence of the actual Colors intro makes me somewhat doubtful

20. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    Finally we're getting something! I know I shouldn't get my hopes up too high since it'll most likely be a announcement of an announcement but I'm just happy we're getting something. Too bad I'll be at work when the stream goes live...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.