don't click here

The Sonic Rumor Containment Thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by MykonosFan, May 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrMechanic

MrMechanic

I don't wanna suggest the obvious... But the Michael Jackson estate thing.

Easiest way to get some kind of confirmation on that would be to ask in the MJ Reddit or a fansite... You know like us MJ fans will be all about the detail and have 'unofficial' records and rumours regarding stuff like that.

2. Wildcat

Wildcat

Ya know what I’d like to get? Tiger LCD ports...just hear me out. I’m not expecting it to happen. I know they’re nothing special and not as popular as Game and Watch. Although they lasted awhile. I mean they were popular to some extent. They made so many.

Nintendo released the special edition Mario Game and Watch and there was DS collections of them. I know they’d probably have to work something out with Tiger Electronics. They recently rereleased some including Sonic 3.

Like a new back-lit Tiger handheld themed after the 30th anniversary that has all the Sonic titles. The LCD ones. Not Genesis. Rechargeable of course. I think the uniqueness of it would be really cool.

I still have all my Tiger Sonics. Just missing Spinball and a couple of the flip phone style ones. Not sure they all still work though.

3. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
  4. MathUser

MathUser

3rd top wiki contributor Researcher
    Has anyone tried the port to switch? It's close to the ios version. It has the jumping to peel out move. It has the thing where you only lose half your rings when you get hit. It hs leaderboards. I think the only thing thats missing is the widescreen.

5. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

The Switch versions are just enhanced emulations from M2. They aren't the iOS versions, which were instead full remakes.

6. Laura

Laura

Brightened Eyes Member
    The Switch emulations are very nice though!

7. Antheraea

Antheraea

Bug Hunter Member
    yeah and this means that they run better and have extra content too. and widescreen is always a better way to play 2D Sonic also.

it drives me nuts that the mobile versions are right there but they don't bother to use them...

8. RetroJordan91

RetroJordan91

The REAL Blue Sphere Guy Member
    Last edited: May 27, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    Spoiler alert: it’s probably a coincidence.

10. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    So that retrospective video they put out lacked footage of Sonic 3 after all. Guess it's true (not surprising) that the rumor guy, zippo was it, is full of shit. I mean, if there was somehow a rights issue to the footage that just got resolved, surely they'd be excited to show some S3 footage?

11. MH MD

MH MD

But they did? that video contain some S3 footage, people even were wondering if it's wide screen or stretched -it's stretched so it' not new footage-

12. RetroJordan91

RetroJordan91

The REAL Blue Sphere Guy Member
    Yeah that is true, but he’s implying about footage from the Sonic 3 half of the game.. the gameplay was from Sonic and Knuckles.. so it’s a yes and no on that part lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.