don't click here

The Supreme Topic of 'Other' Knowledge.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by McGuirk, Jan 10, 2007.

1. Linkabel

Linkabel

Oh I know about the training, and it could be that he was going to visit Tails. But the wording from your translation and the recap text specifically highlights the city/town/Station Square which made me think it's a place Sonic had frequented in the past.

[​IMG]

As a kid I thought it was the city that's on South Island haha. I do wonder what the Japanese text says in the recap.

2. Dek Rollins

Dek Rollins

size of a tangerine Member
    US
    They clearly already had something to show last March, or they wouldn't have made their cancelled SXSW announcements sound like such a big deal. I'm still assuming that everything happening between this year and next will be announced this summer.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    I've been patient for going on 3 years at this point, 4 when considering that TSR was a pass for me since it just didn't have the breadth of content to rival CTR or MK8D for me. I think the longer this goes on, the less chance there is that whatever main game *is* announced ends up failing to live up to fever pitched anticipation that will have built up at that point.

Don't get me wrong, I sincerely the wait time between the games themselves pays off and that the devs are able to put out something they're truly satisfied in and that they have worked on in a healthy manner, but I doubt Sonic's been in the mainstream consciousness since the movie dropped last year. I doubt anyone but fans of that and the series itself are waiting with bated breath for news on the sequel, so an outsider's perspective is likely that nothing is happening with the franchise right now.

God, a cheeky photographer swiping set photos of Knuckles is the biggest thing to have happened to this franchise since last year...

Anyway, at this point, I sincerely hope Colours Remastered has additional content comparable to Bowser's Fury in the Mario 3D World port on Switch. Just something *new* to tide us over until the main course.

4. Antheraea

Antheraea

Bug Hunter Member
    Re: translated descriptions, I think it really does show off one of my favorite aspects of Sonic, that juxtaposition of "cool" and "nice" that a lot of "mascots with attitude" missed a while back. Think of frigging Bubsy, or, probably the most recent example I can come up with, Ratchet in the very first Ratchet and Clank game, whose personality people disliked enough that he was basically rewritten entirely in the second game (and this was commented on by journos back in the day!).

Even Spyro, who was a relatively tame example, got the "smarmy 90s snark" toned down a bit in the sequels.

5. big smile

big smile

Oldbie
    I love reading your translations. Do you have a paste bin or blog that collects them all? I don’t want to miss any! ^_^

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. Vertekins

Vertekins

Wants to know everything about Sonic Member
    Midlands, England, UK, over there in Europe.
    Translating Sonic info. Working on Concept Mobius. Also, trying to find extant footage of original Sonic CD special stage.
    I have a tag on my Tumblr blog wherein I keep all translations posts to date in.

• Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • List
  7. big smile

big smile

Oldbie
  8. Vertekins

Vertekins

Wants to know everything about Sonic Member
    Midlands, England, UK, over there in Europe.
    Translating Sonic info. Working on Concept Mobius. Also, trying to find extant footage of original Sonic CD special stage.
    So I'm yet again bingeing on everything Sonic CD (Since it's one of my favourite Sonic games and the development fascinates me) and noticed something somewhat intriguing. One of the Beta's has a different background for Stardust Speedway Good Future featuring a castle that didn't make the final.

And it clicked - It looks just like the castle on the Little Planet in DA Garden during it's good future iteration;

[​IMG]

I always thought that the cathedral-like structure that replaces the statue of Dr Eggman was what was portrayed in DA Garden but I'm more inclined to think it's this instead because it bears far more resemblance.

• Informative Informative x 14
    • Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  9. biggestsonicfan

biggestsonicfan

Model2wannaB Tech Member
    ALWAYS Sonic the Fighters
    It's just a phone photo and not a scan, but my Weekly Fumitsu arrived and it only has a very small blurb about Sonic the Fighters. Oh well, I guess it's something we didn't have before at least.

E00ku8dUYAAuD-m.jpeg

EDIT: Oh look at that! Mushroom Hill's cage has different colored mushroom tops!

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 8, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. MagnusTheGreen

MagnusTheGreen

Stop Calling Me Moonlight Member
    Even though Premy isn't the most reliable source, I can verify that Sonic Colors was leaked for the State of Play thingy.

Thought I'd post it here, since the old Colors thread was closed til further news. Well, I guess we got that "further news". Either way, I guess this means the chances of Sonic Colors being a "tie-over" game for the big 2021 Sonic game are very slim. On the plus side, if they've been working on it for this long, it's bound to have some new content.
    EDIT: FORMATING

11. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    if you are a reliable source who can verify it, please feel free to actually verify it. Otherwise, there's nothing to discuss and we'll continue to hold off on this topic until an official announcement. I'd like to avoid this thread becoming the "Sonic Colors Remaster V2" topic is all. :V

12. Adamis

Adamis

Gimme waffles! Oldbie
    Belgium
    Lammy and "Fafnir"
    Mega Force #20 was released with a bonus magazine about the Mega-CD. You can check the full magazine on Abandonware Magazine.

13. Only for viewing

Only for viewing

aka Superstarxalien Member
  14. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction

The Japanese SEGA YouTube channel has uploaded this bizarrely charming video of a violinist covering Studiopolis Act 1...including the sound effects.

And now I really want an acoustic remix album of various Sonic tracks.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  15. MH MD

MH MD

16. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    Last edited: May 18, 2021
  17. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Honestly at this point, his "strategy" seems to be "throw out as much shit as possible that seems theoretically sound, then claim to be Nostradamus when one of them comes true by lucky guessing". We're up to what, 3 things now?

18. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    Gawd I only legitimately own Sonic 3 & Knuckles three times. I could really do with owning it a fourth!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  19. AstroSeedP

AstroSeedP

GameTap's YT videos are viewable again outside of France. They became region-restricted when Metaboli closed their American office and moved everything back to France.