don't click here

The Supreme Topic of 'Other' Knowledge.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by McGuirk, Jan 10, 2007.

1. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    We already discussed it further upthread, it was posted about several days ago.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. biggestsonicfan

biggestsonicfan

Model2wannaB Tech Member
    ALWAYS Sonic the Fighters
    So, it's not so secret that to access Honey in Sonic the Fighters for PSN/XBL, you hold "START" over Amy.... well, I've gotten a hacked version of StF emulated in the PS3 and there are some interesting things when you hold "START" over characters who aren't in the character select list:
    • Honey will give you Metal Sonic
    • Dr. Eggman (small and mechless) will give you Mech Dr. Eggman
    • Robo Egg (Eggman's Minion) will give you Honey
    Very bizarre...

• Informative Informative x 8
    • List
  3. Only for viewing

Only for viewing

aka Superstarxalien Member
  4. BinBowie

BinBowie

Na Zdrowie! Member
    USA
    So I was just searching through eBay listings tonight when I came across a listing for this odd copy of Knuckles' Chaotix which I'm mostly tilting towards being a high quality bootleg. It sure is expensive whatever it is ($349.99 USD!!).

The seller claims it's a rare 2020 South American release by TecToy (I fail to see any TecToy Branding or Portuguese text) and some company called Retro X. I've never heard of Retro X before in my life and I would think out of any website talking about odd releases of Sonic games, this place would have information about this item, but I don't see anything on the wiki or forums regarding information on this release.

I'm wondering what you all think about this. Maybe somebody has more information. Is this item legit, or is my gut instinct true?

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5. Linkabel

Linkabel

I believe this is Retro X and the only thing I've ever seen from them is this. Looks like they have the habit of just slapping the TecToy logo on their stuff.

So yeah, seems like it's a bootleg from them. Making 70 copies is probably them shooting for a low number so they won't get in trouble.

6. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    Incredibly fake.

7. cornholio857

cornholio857

The Great Cornholio Member
    Jacksonville, FL
    In search of TP
    Fake. ESRB doesn't exist in South America.

8. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
  9. biggestsonicfan

biggestsonicfan

Model2wannaB Tech Member
    That's a hell of a pristine print job for a fake. Do we even have that artwork at such a good quality?

10. biggestsonicfan

biggestsonicfan

Model2wannaB Tech Member
    sonic-plush.png

The left plush is probably the cutest Sonic plush that ever existed... From EGM magazine #26

11. Brainulator

Brainulator

Regular garden-variety member Member
    Where's this from?

EDIT: Silly me, it's in the quote.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2021
  12. MagnusTheGreen

MagnusTheGreen

Stop Calling Me Moonlight Member
    Thought I'd post this here https://tailschannel.com/sonic-the-...rl-part-of-upcoming-great-eastern-plush-line/
    Probably doesn't mean anything, but it's weird that they are making Mephiles merch/toys, at a random time like this. I don't want to jump to conclusions, but seeing that for the most part, Sega has disowned and barely ever mentions Sonic 06, let alone making merch for it, prehaps there is going to be a rerelease? Or maybe a game featuring Mephiles? Usually merch for a character either means that they are a character currently popular, have to do with a current release, or are a main character in the work of the franchise. Seeing that Mephiles has only really been in one game (so far), and while being minorly popular, they are not nearly as popular as characters like Emerl, Whisper, or Silver (other character in the line), and they aren't a main character, I could see them making plushies of Mephiles to coincide with a rerelease of 06, or even a new game featuring him. It's odd, being I was under the assumption that with toys and comics and other media, Sonic 06 was not allowed. Again, probably means nothing, but still, random choice for a character I thought was off the table. Hearing about the Sonic Colors remaster, AND the privated page on the same website for Generations, they could be planning a rerelease of a bunch of 3D Sonic games including 06. Or it's just a random plush. Probably the latter.

13. Pengi

Pengi

Could anyone give this Tweet an accurate translation? The latter half seems relevant to our interests:

http://web.archive.org/web/20210418220722/https://twitter.com/Mazin__/status/220699305122594816

@Mazin__
    Replying to @okunari

@okunari USシェンムーって名前は、裕さんが付けたような気がするけど、U Suzukiシェンムーの略だったんだよ!!な、なんだってーー!!そういやソニックCDも当初はCDソニック・ザ・ヘッジホッグって名前だった。そもそもが1の焼き直し企画が発端だったんだよね。

14. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    American Dad came back for a new season this past Monday night, and this happened:

I didn't really know what to do with it, so it's on my personal channel.

As far as I'm aware this is the first Sonic reference in one of the Seth MacFarlane cartoons, unless you count a blue hedgehog puppet from the AD episode "Rapture's Delight," though Wikis refer to it as a warthog, so it could go either way I guess.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
  15. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Oh that is amazing lol

16. Vertekins

Vertekins

Wants to know everything about Sonic Member
    Midlands, England, UK, over there in Europe.
    Translating Sonic info. Working on Concept Mobius. Also, trying to find extant footage of original Sonic CD special stage.

Second half of the reply says that Sonic CD was originally known as CD Sonic the Hedgehog as the project originally started-out as a rehash of Sonic 1.

I perused Nishimura's Twitter to look for other interesting tidbits regarding Sonic CD's development and found out two things.

- According to this tweet, CD's original special stage in the early stage of development made use of the Mega CD's rotation function and you would have to go back and forth between two independently-rotating mazes to find the Time Stone. This was changed due to Mario Kart's release (I presume they took one look at the SNES' Mode 7 in action and wanted to imitate it, resulting in the final special stage). I presume this screenshot depicts this original rotating two-maze special stage (The structure in the background may be the second maze);

[​IMG]

- According to this one, the rapping in the boss theme was done by a black employee named Steve who wasn't actually part of the development team itself. SEGA had a lot of foreign staff present at that time.

• Informative Informative x 11
    • List
  17. evilhamwizard

evilhamwizard

Researcher
    I believe this was Steve (Ray) Burton, he was an international product consultant/translator for Sega and lived in Japan at the time.

He also provided some voices on Metal Slug 32x.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  18. Vertekins

Vertekins

Translating Sonic info. Working on Concept Mobius. Also, trying to find extant footage of original Sonic CD special stage.
    Something occurred to me after learning about what the original CD special stage was like.

DA Garden seems to exhibit two scrapped elements from CD's development. Those being the rotating Little Planet that can be zoomed in and out (Which are effects the scrapped special stage no doubt had) and the music, Which as we know, originally belonged to R2.

Another interesting thing I learned from one of Nishimura's tweets is the fact that in Wacky Workbench's bad future theme, you can still hear a vocoded voice say "Crazy Toy Box".

It's very hard to make-out but I'd guess that it's the voice at the 0:44 mark.

• Informative Informative x 6
    • List
  19. MagnusTheGreen

MagnusTheGreen

Stop Calling Me Moonlight Member
    Wait, what do you mean by "still". Is the voice saying "crazy toy box" something we've known about before? Is it relevant to anything?

20. Vertekins

Vertekins

Wacky Workbench's name in early development was "Crazy Toy Box". As the soundtrack was made early in development, the zone's bad future theme mentions the zone's early name.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List