don't click here

URGENT: Need screenshots for Sega Retro

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by JaxTH, Apr 10, 2021.

1. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    If you don't know, the PSP, Vita, nd PS3 stores are due to close this year but some devs are ALREADY removing some games, and right now Sega games are already going away, one for a game we don't have a page for.

Sadly, because of Sony's webstore change, anything PSP/PS3/Vita that wasn't already archived CAN'T be archived. The aforementioned game we didn't have a page for is already delisted and gone in the West so we are SOL for its EU release (I personally took screenshots of the US version stuff on the store itself).

Does ANYONE have a US and/or EU PSN account and a PS3 and a capture card or a good enough camera? We only have need for stuff from one PS3 game (US and EU), while Vita screenshots can be taken with a Vita itself.

I was going to compile a list of what we needed soon but our hand seems to be forced. Off the top of my head, we need store screenshots of:

PS3:
    Dead or Alive 5 with Hotties Swimwear Set (ALL non-US REGIONS)
    Dead or Alive 5 Last Round: Core Fighters + Helena (ALL REGIONS)
    Dead or Alive 5 Last Round: Core Fighters DLC (ALL REGIONS)
    Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate DLC (ALL REGIONS)
    Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Dreamy Theater extend (JP) + DLC
    Persona 4 Arena Ultimax Ultimate Edition (ALL non-US REGIONS)
    Persona 5 Ultimate Edition (ALL non-US REGIONS)
    Tears to Tiara II: Heir of the Overlord (US) + DLC
    Tears to Tiara II: Heir of the Overlord (Non-German EU) + DLC
    Zeno Clash II (ALL REGIONS?)

Vita:
    Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars (EU) + DLC
    Persona 3: Dancing in Moonlight + DLC (ALL Non-US REGIONS)
    Persona 5: Dancing in Starlight + DLC (ALL REGIONS)

PlayStation Classics (Can be gotten on PS3/Vita):
    Kaze no Oka Kouen nite (JP)
    Kumitate Battle Kuttu Ketto (JP)
    Kyuutenkai (JP)
    My Garden (JP)
    Neorude (JP)
    Neorude 2 (JP)
    Neorude: Kizamareta Monshou (JP)
    Omise de Tenshu (JP)
    Reverthion (JP)

The above PlayStation Classics are needed because Sega owns Techosoft's IPs.

Games are being delisted as I'm making this. Literally a now or never moment guys.

In fact, Conception II is also on 3DS so if someone can take screenshots of it's DLC prices for US and EU that would be fantastic as well!

A slight clarification, when I say DLC I mean ANYTHING that is downloadable for a game from general add-ons, to avatars, to themes, to even video on a game's storepage.

Last edited: May 5, 2021
  2. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    Yes, sorry I should have barked about this more.

Do not assume the internet will be proactive. Even with a big story like this, it is not at all guaranteed that things will be archived or documented properly - if everyone is waiting on each other to make the first move, it won't happen.

You cannot assume that the whole PlayStation Network storefront will be "emulated" in a couple of years time with everything mirrored as it was. We will be losing 15 years of history, and while it might not matter to you personally right now, it could be important in the future.

Retro spends its days digging up the past because nobody documented it properly back then. It would be nice not to make the same mistakes.

3. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    This. I like this.

Did you do all the others? Plus we have the German stuff in a video so this is a good start.

4. I only did what was in the tweet, I was stopping home on break from work and had limited time and wasn't exactly sure how much needed to be covered. Do you just want the top of each listing? Otherwise I can probably do video like the other person did just to cover every inch of it. Also figured out the aspect issues so I can just take new pictures to replace the existing ones

5. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Just take screenshots of every page like you did with your tweet, and since you fixed the aspect ratio you should retake the ones you did.

If you could do the same with the Sonic CD theme that would be great as well.

6. Icewarrior

Icewarrior

I'm a member of S.T.A.R.S !!11!!!1!! Member
  7. Crystal Sharrd

Crystal Sharrd

There were a couple duplicates I deleted, and I need to go back and get the Persona 5 Dancing store page, but I've got the store pages for Persona 3 Dancing and what I'm pretty sure is all of the DLC for both Persona 3 Dancing and Persona 5 Dancing. Might've missed a few because I stopped when the PlayStation Store started looping.
    Um, what's the best way to add them? Should I just add all 53 images to a post in this forum? Both ZIP and 7Z were too big to upload.

8. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    How big is the .zip file? If it's under 200 you could use https://catbox.moe/

9. Crystal Sharrd

Crystal Sharrd

31.1 MB.
    https://files.catbox.moe/hhxg15.zip

10. Sorry about the wait, didn't have free time to deal with the PS3 (I have to use a DJ Hero controller to navigate), but here it is: https://files.catbox.moe/4l2ve0.zip

I already owned the Sonic CD theme, so if it wasn't free, it's not showing the price for me

11. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    The Sonic CD theme was free.

12. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    I've updated the first post.

13. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Grabbed some NA PS3 screens and am looking through the JP PS1 listings now. Just to check for specificity's sake: for "Dead or Alive Last Round: Core Fighters + Helena", is there a specific store listing that includes Helena in the title? Or is her separate character page just needed in addition to the base DOA Core fighters page? Also if we need screens of all of the extra characters (like Akira's store page as an example) I can make some time for that.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/154GadhbUEcR_uP13HcyAU2-tl6_qLkpt?usp=sharing
    That link contains store page, overview (description) shots, and any available game screenshot grabs for:
    PS3:
    Dead or Alive 5 with Hotties Swimwear Set (NA)
    Persona 4 Arena Ultimax Ultimate Edition (NA)
    Persona 5 Ultimate Edition (NA)

PS1:
    Kaze no Oka Kouen nite (JP)
    Kumitate Battle Kuttu Ketto (JP)
    Kyuutenkai (JP)
    My Garden (JP)
    Neorude (JP)
    Neorude 2 (JP)
    Neorude: Kizamareta Monshou (JP)
    Omise de Tenshu (JP)
    Reverthion (JP)

Last edited: Apr 18, 2021
  14. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Dead or Alive Last Round: Core Fighters + Helena is a specific bundle on the store. I only found it by going to Games > All Games > Filter > Bundle

Also, since I've been going on this stuff blind since I never compiled a list because things were being taken down, I've now found that we don't have a DLC page for Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate (551 DLC in the US store alone) as well as no DLC page for the the DOA5 Last Round Core Fighters stuff too, not to mention that both of these probably have JP DLC/Themes/Whatever.

I'll add these to the first post. I've also added a clarification about DLC to the bottom of the first post as well.

One last thing I want to add, you can only see PSP DLC through the PS3 store and there is JP stuff we don't have documented there as well.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2021
  15. MathUser

MathUser

3rd top wiki contributor Researcher
  16. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    PSP still is and we should probably treat this as a temporary reprieve, rather than as a victory. Make sure it's done now so we don't risk losing it again.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  17. MathUser

MathUser

i think psp store is closed anyway, right?

18. MathUser

MathUser

Yeah, it'd be a good idea to get those screenshots. Never know if they are gonna take those pages down. They already removed some games.

19. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List