don't click here

The Supreme Topic of 'Other' Knowledge.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by McGuirk, Jan 10, 2007.

1. Tanks

Tanks

If this is known it's not up on the wiki.

[​IMG]

In the 188th frame of the Sonic CD FMV on the Sega CD you can see 2 hidden signatures in the right corners. In the upper right is possibly the hiragana character "け (ke)" (Thanks Susumu!) while the bottom right is "CXX".

[​IMG] [​IMG]

We could speculate on "Ke" all day since there are several members of the team whose name could potentially begin with that character.

CXX is very notable since they hold the Sonic CD dev team time attack record for Palmtree Panic Act 1:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 18
    • List
  2. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Holy... how in the world did you come across this?? :O

Amazing find!

3. Tanks

Tanks

Literally stepping frame-by-frame. :psyduck:

I'm working on a side project for the Sonic CD animation cleaning and I just happened to notice that by the time I got there. I love finding this sort of stuff!

4. Pengi

Pengi

https://tcrf.net/Sonic_the_Hedgehog_CD_(Sega_CD)#.22CX.22_Room

Masato Nishimura cleaned up/corrected the Mega-CD compressed version of the FMV:

https://twitter.com/Mazin__/status/1202916939145678848

https://twitter.com/Mazin__/status/902756539706085379

• Informative Informative x 8
    • List
  5. So I got the sonic 3 proto working at full speed on 3ds and... I have no idea how I did it lmao. I just screwed around with some stuff before I reinstalled it and suddenly now it works :p

Wish I actually knew what was going on

6. Tanks

Tanks

Hah that's awesome. I @'d him in a reply to see if he'd recognize it. He responded "Awesome!" so I'll take it lol. Not much to say about a brown frame I guess.

7. Mercury

Mercury

His Name Is Sonic Tech Member
    Location Location
    AeStHete
    Was this already known? (Quoting from my Twitter)
    sonic_000.png sonic_001.png

• Informative Informative x 13
    • List
  8. Blue Spikeball

Blue Spikeball

I don't think I had heard of that. Looks like the idea of having a different palette for each special stage might have originated with S1 (even if it applied only to the BG here).

9. Vertekins

Vertekins

Wants to know everything about Sonic Member
    Midlands, England, UK, over there in Europe.
    Translating Sonic info. Working on Concept Mobius. Also, trying to find extant footage of original Sonic CD special stage.
    The C X characters can be found in the past version of Quartz Quadrant Act 1;

[​IMG]

Masato Nishimura is also known under the name "CXXMAJIN" in the Mega CD game Dark Wizard. So these instances were most likely inserted by him.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • List
  10. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Now that you mention it, and this is complete speculation on my part, I think that the Sonic 1 Special Stage palettes might originate from some kind of template which was also used for other things. If I remember correctly, Hidden Palace's palette is also "compatible" with these.

11. Mercury

Mercury

His Name Is Sonic Tech Member
    Location Location
    AeStHete
    Hmm, interesting. HPZ is definitely similar in the fact that the last three colours of lines 3 and 4 are the same, but the other ramps are the wrong size and inverted. Gonna lean towards coincidence on this for now.

12. Vertekins

Vertekins

Wants to know everything about Sonic Member
    Midlands, England, UK, over there in Europe.
    Translating Sonic info. Working on Concept Mobius. Also, trying to find extant footage of original Sonic CD special stage.
    In my more recent batch of translated Sonic materials, I found out something mildly interesting in the story featured inside the Sonic Adventure Tokyo Internal Forum booklet. According to Dr Eggman's profile on page 9, Dr Eggman first finds out about Chaos when he uncovers ancient pictograms during the construction of an underground base.

One must wonder what this underground base is and whether or not it was abandoned once the doc learned about potentially bigger and better things i.e Chaos. I never really got the impression that Final Egg was underground.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. RDNexus

RDNexus

Somehow, I had this idea that he had found about it during his time on Angel Island.
    Might've been my fanfic mind at work...as usual... ^^"

14. Linkabel

Linkabel

It would make sense it's Final Egg since it's close to the Mystic Ruins jungle. When he was building it maybe he made it to temple with the Perfect Chaos mural and learned about the situation.

Plus, you infiltrate the base from the top and the majority of the level has you going underground.

Edit: The Egg Carrier also takes off from the underground part of Final Egg so there you go.

15. Huh

16. RDNexus

RDNexus

What the freaking heck?!
    So crazy! So awesome! xD

17. Pengi

Pengi

18. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Episode 15 of Season 32 (Episode 699) of The Simpsons, "Do Pizza Bots Dream of Electric Guitars", brings us two references to the Sonic movie.

They both happen in the latter part of the episode. The first is Comic Book Guy talking about the Sonic movie and how Sonic's design was changed to have no teeth (while showing a side by side comparison where both have teeth). The second is near a cinema where someone is holding up a sign with other boycotters that says "Release the Sonic's Teeth Cut".

19. Sid Starkiller

Sid Starkiller

Virginia, USA
    Paying off student loans
    Using the Sonic movie to reference the Zack Snyder cut. Nice

20. Pengi

Pengi

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List