don't click here

Japanese SEGA Official Softbank Sonic R Official Guide (Full Scan)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by laughing_sun, Mar 2, 2021.

1. laughing_sun

laughing_sun

Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
  2. Linkabel

Linkabel

Thanks for this, it's really nice seeing this in its complete form.

3. laughing_sun

laughing_sun

I also have a Sonic 3 Guide that is less interesting, though now that I am flipping through it, it appears to have all of the "real" Japanese enemy names from Sonic 3. (The Japanese manual also uses the US names for some reason). I noticed the Sonic Wiki cites GHZ directly for the Japanese names (which doesn't appear to cite where it got the info). So I'll work on scanning this one too at some point.

4. laughing_sun

laughing_sun

Sonic 3 Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Emy5eMW3D1iim02xUK7oNsNDDDqJ8_2r/view?usp=sharing

Some interesting stuff including:

*An explanation of what Sonic and Knuckles are as real life animals
    *Photographs as suggestions of "real life" versions of each Zone/Act
    *Hand-drawn level art maps of the 2-Player Zones
    *Artwork of Sonic with blue arms
    *Japanese names for all the enemies and bosses and stage objects and traps

Also, keeping an eye out for Sonic & Knuckles and Chaotix Guides. If anyone already has those or knows where scans of them exist (or available for purchase) that would be super cool. Thanks.

5. big smile

big smile

Oldbie
    thank you for scanning these. Scanning full books is a big task, so major kudos!

I’ve spoken to two Japanese Sonic fans who say that these guides do not exist.

6. RDNexus

RDNexus

What other goodies or intel may japanese fans have that we have yet to uncover?

7. Pengi

Pengi

The Sonic Mega Collection guide book was the source for all the enemy/boss names for Sonic & Knuckles.

8. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
  9. laughing_sun

laughing_sun

Does a full-scan of this guide exist?

10. laughing_sun

laughing_sun

I was really hoping this would not be the case. I suppose the next best thing would be magazine articles? Probably not much in the way of new information there though. I appreciate the info though.

11. big smile

big smile

Oldbie
    Djbrayster released back in 2005. I'm not sure if it's still online, but I can upload a copy if anyone wants it.

12. RDNexus

RDNexus

Link's dead (pun totally not intended). If you can provide the scans, we'd be quite thankful.
    It's always best to keep the goodies somewhere safe to later access.

13. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
  14. laughing_sun

laughing_sun

Yes please. Post a copy. :D

Where are we with Japanese Sonic 1 and Japanese Sonic 2 and the Japanese combination guide with Sonic 1 and 2 together? I might be able to pick one of those up in the near future, ideally one we don't already have since they are pricey.

15. big smile

big smile

Oldbie
    Just to let everyone know, I am uploading this. Just got awful broadband so the upload keeps on stopping. But I will post it!

16. big smile

big smile

Oldbie
    Here is the link to the guide:
    https://we.tl/t-6peo9hmtc6

I had to upload it to We Transfer as a 7-Zip file as it just kept on stopping when I tried elsewhere. It will expire after 7 days. Hopefully someone could upload it to the wiki (and credit Djbrayster)

The Sonic 1 (single) Guide was scanned by someone, but I forget who (I think he was called Andrew?). I think it was from a site called the "Sonic Scene" (the download page is included in the scans). However, when I search for Sonic Scene, the site that is currently online doesn't have it, so I don’t know if it's the same site.

I have uploaded it here. The original scanner did ask to be contacted before sharing, but if there's no way of finding them, then hopefully it's not an issue.

17. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2021
  18. laughing_sun

laughing_sun

I have the Sonic 2 book ordered. I'll scan it when I get a chance.

19. laughing_sun

laughing_sun