don't click here

Taxi Chaos

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Dec 19, 2020.

1. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!

So this is interesting. It's a spiritual successor to Crazy Taxi that's oddly being published and distributed by Sega but only in Japan (and by that I mean another publisher is taking care of this in western territories)

So they leave their franchise dormant for almost 20 years, someone comes in with a clone, and Sega slaps their name on it. Good :specialed:

Last edited: Dec 19, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. It looks fun! Dig that hangtime. It is supremely bizarre that Sega latched onto this after so long, but hopefully it gets a worldwide release... or at the very least an English version.

3. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Oh it will. Sega's taking care of Japanese/Asian territory distribution. The developers and some other company are taking care of distribution in the west.

4. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    “Hey SEGA do you want to put your name on Shenmue 3?”
    “no”
    “Hey SEGA do you want to put your name on Streets of Rage 4?”
    “no”
    “Hey SEGA do you want to put your name on this unaffiliated Crazy Taxi clone?”
    “yes”

what the fuck is going on at that company

5. Aesculapius Piranha

Aesculapius Piranha

つづく Oldbie
    Unknown
    Diva
    I mean to be fair that means this one might actually be good.

6. Gestalt

Gestalt

Sphinx in Chains Member
    It looks fun, but I have my doubts about the level design.

Crazy Taxi was my most wanted game when I first saw it in magazines. I also believe I played it on an arcade when me and my family were on a holiday somewhere in Spain. In that time I was super intrigued by video games that let you do “realistic” stuff, such as Shenmue and (more or less) Crazy Taxi. But because I never owned a Dreamcast let alone a Sega Saturn I never got to play either of them.

Nowadays you can find both of these games on Steam for cheap — I haven't touched them once. Guess I rather wait for a Dreamcast Mini.

7. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I thought Streets of Rage 4 was fantastic. Never got into Shenmue can't say on that lol

8. Streets of Rage 4 is beyond fantastic imo. I've heard good things regarding Shenmue 3, and it is finally on Steam as was initially promised so I may finally suck it up and re-purchase it soon.

9. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    So uh, where's the source for Sega publishing this in Japan? There's nothing on their site or Twitter.

10. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
  11. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    And what's their source ;)

They could be correct, it's just I've been reading "spiritual successor to Crazy Taxi" and I've a feeling wires have got crossed

12. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Could be, but idk doesn't Sega have a patent on the Crazy Taxi mechanic? They must have some involvement, even if it was just granting permission.

13. Aesculapius Piranha

Aesculapius Piranha

つづく Oldbie
    Unknown
    Diva
    Most Dreamcast related patents if not all have already expired. Patents (thankfully) aren't for fucking ever like copyright, though they are more deserving of it than copyright.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  14. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    I like how there are zero publisher or developer logos or credits in that trailer.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List