don't click here

The Supreme Topic of 'Other' Knowledge.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by McGuirk, Jan 10, 2007.

1. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    Project AXSX(Sonic Xtreme) + Misc Projects
    I’d be happy with Sonic Jam’s physics personally.

also ps. I’d still really like to see the early sonic adventure prototypes , ( if you don’t want to see them if they drop someday, than close your eyes) going by what’s been done with Jam and looking at them early Renders, and perhaps using the Nights engine, Adventure might have been something completely different than what we seen on Dreamcast. Who wouldn’t want to see that, or play it for that matter?

Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
  2. Pengi

Pengi

Last edited: Nov 18, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    Neither sites are ideal for hosting images, but Twitter compresses them less. So mirror from there.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  4. Sid Starkiller

Sid Starkiller

Virginia, USA
    Paying off student loans
    Are you TRYING to misunderstand what I'm saying? There's a difference between "I wanna see prototypes of this game" and "I want a game, released on hardware that couldn't really handle what the devs were trying to do, released on even weaker hardware". If you meant "I hope we find those prototypes someday", you should have said so, because it sounded like you said "They should have released Sonic Adventure on the Saturn instead of moving development to the Dreamcast".

5. Blue Spikeball

Blue Spikeball

So the emerald shrine was originally going to be underground like in S3K. Just thought it would be fun to do some visual comparisons with the HPZ level art:
    [​IMG]

6. RDNexus

RDNexus

On Chrome, open the image, right-click on it and select "Inspect".
    You'll enter "Developer's Tools" section. From there, you can get to the highest-sized version on the image.

But, as a freebie...
    [​IMG]

JUST. AMAZINGLY. BEAUTIFUL. So much potential on these renders.
    Would love to see a running prototype of this. If one actually ever existed, that is.
    As far as it's known, everything they had at the time got compiled into JAM's Sonic World.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. Antheraea

Antheraea

Bug Hunter Member
    I adore the color saturation. and while I know it's not intentional, I also really like the juxtaposition of the extremely bright colors and low-poly models with the real photographs in the background (the ice cap one!)

8. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I'm not sure it's ice it looks like a crystal cavern in a canyon which would be an awesome trope. And agreed I love this style. This is like Classic Sonic in 3d

9. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    I was speaking in the future tense in my initial post btw. Sorry if it didn’t seem that way.

10. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    Any of you guys know what this is? XD
    I do!
    upload_2020-11-18_11-1-58.png

11. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    https://twitter.com/SEGAForever/status/1329092005809500160?s=09

It's artwork drawn by Richard Elson of Sonic the Comic fame to commemorate Sonic R's anniversary. It's weird looking at this. It's like an alternate reality where Sonic the Comic was mostly on model (like Tails, Robotnik, and Knuckles look perfect here)

12. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    It is a lovely image. Nice seeing StC-style Sonic again, Metal there looks VERY Metallix and that EggRobo could have been lifted straight from the S3&K adaptation. While Amy, Tails and Knuckles aren't very StC, Knuckles IS wearing a necklace. =P

Makes me want StC reprints again...

13. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    I'd love to see an animated short with that art style.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  14. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    I guess no one wants to take a crack at it than,,,?

Ok so here goes!
    Several months back i got yet another build of Xtreme from Jollyroger, (Sonic Boom editor V004-006), Its running on NV1 and showcases the lighting effects that Xtreme had early on,
    Such effects were never shown again in the Fisheye type engine. (not to say they were stripped out completely, perhaps just not used)
    For Xtreme, This build is revolutionary, not only because of the lighting, but it showcases a lot of other unseen visual tricks that one would never have associated with Ofer Alon's version of Xtreme engine back in 1996.
    In the coming months I'll be posting videos for multiple unseen levels whenever I get the chance to record them.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  15. Pengi

Pengi

Hoshino posted a higher resolution version of the Tails Doll render the other day. I guess Elson must have gotten a decent sized version of Sonic Team's Metal Knuckles render, because he got the chest vent on Metal Knuckles right (instead of the crescent moon on Traveller's Tales' lower-poly in-game model).

The SonictheComicUK Twitter account reached out to Richard Elson for commentary: https://twitter.com/SonictheComicUK/status/1329117703274188806

• Informative Informative x 4
    • List
  16. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    That's incredible and I'd looove to see videos. Looking forward to it.

17. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    Mate, don't you think this deserves it's own thread? Or at least resurrect one of the old X-treme ones. It's great news! Looking forward to seeing what you've got whenever you get the chance.

18. Rudie Radio Waves

Rudie Radio Waves

Italy
    Many a game.
    I squealed when I saw this. Made me so happy! I love Elson and STC.

19. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    Yeah I suppose when the videos are done I can upload them to a new thread.

20. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member