don't click here

GO SEGA 60th Anniversary Limited Time Steam Games

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by JaxTH, Oct 15, 2020.

1. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    [​IMG]
    Okay wiki bros, these games are going away on October 19th and they start coming out October 15th one game a day. We need to get on this NOW. Save all the screenshot/video and archive everything you can! The most important of these being a canceled Golden Axe prototype that comes out on October 18th (remember, these are ALL going away on the 19th).

Anyway:

Armor of Heroes: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1368440/Armor_of_Heroes/
    Endless Zone: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1368450/Endless_Zone/
    Streets Of Kamurocho: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1368430/Streets_Of_Kamurocho/
    Golden Axed: A Cancelled Prototype: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1368460/Golden_Axed_A_Cancelled_Prototype/

Main Go Sega Steam page: https://store.steampowered.com/curator/36333614-Sega-Promotions/sale/sega60th

Hard Mode: All of these games apparently have Denuvo.

Sega Retro pages for those that want to contribute:

Armor of Heroes
    Endless Zone
    Streets Of Kamurocho
    Golden Axed: A Cancelled Prototype

Last edited: Oct 15, 2020
  2. The Guv'nor

The Guv'nor

Local Game Enjoyer Member
    I thought you keep these if you've downloaded them? Doesn't that give us all the time in the world?

3. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    For playing the games? Sure.

Too see the trailers, promo screenshots and even the links to the games themselves or even what the game pages look like in general? Absolutely not.

4. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
  5. Yoritoshi

Yoritoshi

São Paulo
    Cosmic Boll
  6. Blue Spikeball

Blue Spikeball

What's the deal with the Sonic Forces "box art"? It's basically a stripped down version of the actual cover art with just Modern Sonic. All the other examples are faithful to the cover art as far as I can tell.

7. Xilla

Xilla

Judging by the stream last night Kiryu is pretty much an Axel reskin.

8. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
  9. Aesculapius Piranha

Aesculapius Piranha

つづく Oldbie
    Unknown
    Diva
    That's a lot of salt.

Whatever, I'm certainly grateful to see all this.

10. The Guv'nor

The Guv'nor

The Steam version has always been like that. Still not sure why, though.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  11. I'm in the middle of downloading Sonic 2, (The button went straight to "install", not just adding it to my library, so I'm probably uninstalling it once it's done. I just want access in my library.) and I noticed that the download is over 400 MB. How the hell does a Genesis game take up that much space?

12. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    It has to install the virtual living room to put your single game in. It's ~immersive~.

13. The Guv'nor

The Guv'nor

I gets even more immersive when you sit there and stare at the single game you own on the shelf and go: Yep, I'm broke.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2020
  14. I don't suppose mods downloaded from the workshop get separate boxes on the shelf, do they? Or is there some way to import my own ROM collection? (Doubt it on the last one, though.)

15. The Guv'nor

The Guv'nor

I can't speak for the latter, but mods are not displayed as separate cases. It'd be a bit weird to have 8 different copies of Sonic 3 & Knuckles, anyways. Plus, the shelf is only so big because it's meant to come with the whole collection of Genesis games.

16. Pengi

Pengi

17. KingOfBunnies

KingOfBunnies

Such a weird way to think of someone who just admitted they worked their ass off on a prototype just to be shit on and then, 8 years later, told their work may be sub-par. This is actual hurt from a human being that their hard work was not only deemed not good enough, but also ridiculed as well. You clearly lack empathy and should work on that.

18. Aesculapius Piranha

Aesculapius Piranha

つづく Oldbie
    Unknown
    Diva
    I don't see SEGA deciding a cancelled project they are sitting on was worth releasing at least for free as shitting on it, nor do I see commenting on releasing a build that hasn't gone through proper Q&A as 'janky' as ridiculing it. Cancelled projects happen. He could have handled the situation professionally but instead he took to Twitter releasing enough salt to make me think he is a representative for Morton's.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
  19. Crappy Blue

Crappy Blue

Knuckles' Chaotix is a perfect game with no flaws Member
    Both of you are talking past the elephant in the room. The ire directed at Sega from Tim is over unreasonable working conditions and Sega's glossing over the results of crunch development in their presentation of the prototype.

[​IMG]

This isn't someone feeling hurt because their hard work was belittled years later, this is someone upset because of harmful practices being swept under the rug in favor of having a laugh over "bad programming", upset that the team working on the prototype went uncredited, upset that seemingly nobody who worked on it was told this was going to be released in any way.

20. KingOfBunnies

KingOfBunnies

He had to work 14 hour days for two weeks. Which for anyone would be hell. Then he was told by the upper management that it wasn't what they wanted despite being told to make the game in their own style. While also having to deal with as he mentions, a pretty incompetent lead designer. None of that is normal. In fact that's fucking hell. I was writing this post as Crappy Blue Luigi wrote his, but that's what I meant by worked their ass off. They crunched like hell to make this, only to be told it wasn't good enough and then years later have their work be called janky as a joke which in no way should have happened. But I'm sure to you, some guy is mad therefore he's salty and not actually upset for a valid reason because as you've shown here, you just don't care how others are treated. They react negatively therefore salty! Forget being treated like shit and having terrible work conditions. Why have any kind of basic empathy when you can just laugh at other people's suffering!