don't click here

THE KEN PENDERS CHRONICLES: a man you Ken DePenders on

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by The KKM, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Antheraea

Antheraea

Bug Hunter Member
    god I hate their lumpy limbs and bodies (in the case of knuckles) and his weird faces on them

2. Chillbro Swaggins

Chillbro Swaggins

It's time for THE KEN PENDERS TWITTER ROUNDUP: SEPTEMBER EDITION!

You'll never guess how it starts, unless you guess that it started with a bunch of political tweets that I can't repeat here, in which case you did guess how it starts. In order, here are the topics of those tweets:
    1) Nancy Pelosi's haircut.
    2) Abortion.
    3) Film of the Day: Captain America: CIVIL WAR.
    4) The new 007 movie.
    5) The new 007 movie.
    6) Abortion.
    7) Donald Trump.
    8) Retweet (the mayor of LA).
    9) Donald Trump.
    10) Being a poll worker.​

That is a general taste of what it is like to comb through Ken's twitter feed. But then, something magical appears:

----------
    09/06/2020

[​IMG]

This thread had everything.

I think Ken's sentiments about "taking longer" because "he doesn't want to disappoint" are more revealing than he may realize. This piece, the creation of which has (I believe) rolled into the weeks, does not appear to be substantially more detailed than a single page of the Lara-Su Chronicles (TLSC), based on what we have seen. And if that's his pace, well, THE LARA-SU CHRONICLES! COMING SOON IN 2042. And if each page of TLSC is supposed to be done quicker, what does that say about the relative quality and care put into them, as opposed to the commissions? As opposed to, of course, the relative quality and care put into them determinable by anyone with working eyes.

-----
    09/08/2020

This right here is why I do this. Just the sheer audacity of this man, whose claim to fame is his former work (much maligned) on the comic adaption of a video game series, to not just lecture others on art and politics, but to make statements like the above. He felt the need to tweet out to his nonexistent audience the sentiment that he has always been just too smart and enlightened to understand intolerance. Why aren't people as understanding as I have always been? Also Ken:

In his very next tweet... he plugs ComiXology. But in his very next four tweets after that, Ken:
    1) Calls his political opponents evil.
    2) Refers to a certain politician in particular as evil, then states that "His supporters can go to hell with him."
    09/09/2020
    3) "total idiot," "long since lost my tolerance for such stupidity"
    4) "I'll make certain people know they can vote and I'll have police arrest their assess [sic] for obstructing people's rights."

In other words, Ken:
    1) Implies he is too smart to hate people because they are different from him; and
    2) Hates people who are different from him.

Ken Penders, everybody.

-----
    09/14/2020

STEP 1: TWEET ABOUT POLITICS.
    STEP 2: ???
    STEP 3: BETTER WORLD.

-----
    09/25/2020

THE LARA-SU CHRONICLES! COMING SOON IN 2012.

----------
    If anyone thinks I've crossed the line even by "censoring" the political tweets, know that there were some very interesting tweets not included here that even redaction couldn't save. You'll have to visit Ken's Twitter account yourself to glimpse them in the wild.

COMING IN OCTOBER: Ken insults and, depending on how you interpret certain tweets, wishes death upon his enemies.

NOT COMING IN OCTOBER: The Lara-Su Chronicles.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2020
  3. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    Aside from Ken's tweeting becoming slightly more... disconcerting, looks like nothing has really changed. Glad to see he's still tracing others' work in the Sonic comic and passing it off as his own.

4. Tiberious

Tiberious

Yeah, I'm furry. Got a problem? Oldbie
    Doesn't this retard know that election interference is a felony? There's enough people on guard for this kind of thing for this year's election, so if he tries, he's gonna wind up either in a cell, a hospital or a hole.

5. Sid Starkiller

Sid Starkiller

Virginia, USA
    Paying off student loans
    At least he (presumably) won't be able to tweet from prison.

6. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    This election is very likely going to be incredibly fucked. Maybe he'll get caught in a fight with some of those armed right wing groups that are acting on Trump's behalf. Thank God I live in Boston and im voting by mail.

7. Rudie Radio Waves

Rudie Radio Waves

Italy
    Many a game.
    I could have sworn you were from the UK!

8. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Nope lol but I did study abroad there years ago back in 2012. I even met up with a few Retroers there (I remember meeting Overlord, Cinossu, and a couple others who's usernames escape me atm)

9. Sid Starkiller

Sid Starkiller

Virginia, USA
    Paying off student loans
    Yeah, I always thought you needed a reason for an absentee ballot, but my mother told me the other day that you don't. Even disregarding everything else, I just wanna vote without standing in line for a hour.

10. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    It varies by state. Typically the more liberal leaning a state the more likely they're allowing universal mail in ballots. Conservative states though... not so much

11. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    Wait, I feel like I'm missing context for what he's saying. He's going to call the police on people for...obstructing others from voting? Isn't that the opposite of election interference?

I mean, given how things usually go, it's naive of him to think the police wouldn't take the obstructionists' side anyway, but if we're talking criminality, I feel like Ken would not be in the wrong there.

12. Ken Penders is the final form of a Karen. Truly, he's one of the biggest lolcows of our lifetimes.

13. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

Ken Penders is many things. He is a comic book writer. He is an asshole. He is egotistical. He is insane. He is a hypocrite. He is Karen. He knows how to bring out the worst of us, Sonic fans and everyone else.

And I love it. I love how he thinks he's so perfect and good. It's pure comedy gold.

14. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

OR
    Don't forget misogynist, acephobic, queerbaiting, and very possibly idolizing of British colonialism. He's kind of like a version of JK Rowling that never had talent.

15. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Oh God is he a TERF too?

16. Mana

Mana

Good! Great! Awesome! Outstanding! Amazing! Member

That's clearly what he meant but the person who responded first just wanted an excuse to talk badly about Penders and get away with using the R word without any mod doing anything about it.

17. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

OR
    Not that I spend much time looking at his twitter, but I haven't found anything awful about that. My point was just that he and JK both hold limpdicked neoliberal politics, yet parade around how "progressive" they are, despite each holding one LGBT-related bigotry (and the numerous issues their stories have with that stuff). And of course, the "revealing a character is gay despite never leaving any real signs of it in the text", but that's covered under 'queerbaiting'.

I do remember a tweet saying that TLSC would comment on "trans issues", and I doubt he'll do that justice, if it even happens. His most infamous political commentary was the Knuckles comics. In that, the dingo army's fascist uprising came from being an oppressed minority, forced to live in slums, who "went too far" with their civil rights movement, nearly damaging the shadowy cabal of racially-homogenous old men who control society...which in Penders's mind is a bad thing? Like, a lot of modern conspiracy stuff is based on old-timey antisemitism (see: reptilians, the elite, satanic panic, "cultural marxism"), but I'm not sure I've seen "Jews control the media, and that's a good thing".

...so he's not gonna look like the male feminist hero he wants to when taking on a subject like transgender experience. The only thing that'd save him is hiring a trans person to cowrite those bits. The major distinction that he does have from JK is that he's not a billionaire, which means there's also a much higher chance of that actually happening.

If any of Retro's trans members are writers, might not be a bad idea to email him about it. If not to get the job, then just because his response might be really funny.

I suppose so. Of the many good reasons to call out Penders, I'm not certain why falsely accusing him of election fraud was chosen (but I do have a hypothesis) confirmed.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2020
  18. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

That's part of why I find his tweet about how uniquely non-racist he is absolutely hilarious, because his comics seem to suggest the contrary. Remember when during the SA1 adaptation he added this completely unrelated subplot about the Chaotix getting kidnapped by a bunch of cannibalistic cat natives?

19. Tiberious

Tiberious

Yeah, I'm furry. Got a problem? Oldbie
    I mean, I'm not sure if you've noticed, but there's only one side in the US that calls their political opposition evil, wishes death on Orange Man Bad and their followers, and coldly executes their political opponents in the streets.

This same side is nothing but a provable bunch of liars, so when he says he's going to have people arrested for 'obstructing rights', he means he'll try to have his political opponents arrested before they can vote.

20. Sid Starkiller

Sid Starkiller

Virginia, USA
    Paying off student loans
    I'M not sure if YOU'VE noticed, but I purposefully attempted to steer the conversation away from talk of actual politics because we're not supposed to do that here. So can we not?