don't click here

The Supreme Topic of 'Other' Knowledge.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by McGuirk, Jan 10, 2007.

1. Sid Starkiller

Sid Starkiller

Virginia, USA
    Paying off student loans
    1 is fantastic. 3 bears a bit too much resemblance to American Mohawk Sonic for my tastes. 2 is too...droopy? I'm having trouble coming up with the right word, but the spines look like they're sagging from excess weight, and the weird points on the ears and toes are bad.

4 has to be a joke. People accuse Shadow of having a cringy edgelord design, but (even setting aside my nostalgic fondness for Shadow) he looks like a saint compared to that...abomination.

2. Antheraea

Antheraea

Bug Hunter Member
    I remember seeing 1 (being like "OH MY GOD THEY USED THAT POSE FOR ADVENTURE ART") and quite possibly 3 prior, or it's just that I've seen 3's facial expression before.

3. Blue Spikeball

Blue Spikeball

4 gives me Werehog vibes, ugh. I rather like 2 (except for the shoes), but yeah, the Uekawa design was the best.

I find rather curious that both Uekawa and Okano went with green eyes. Was it just a coincidence?

4. Pengi

Pengi

Ohshima’s picture - Sonic has two right hands. :o

And here he has two left hands. :o

Last edited: Aug 12, 2020
  5. James Smith

James Smith

This image has given me a new appreciation for the adventure design. All of the designs aside from Uekawa's was exaggerating the noodle limbs and Uekawa had the most balanced and clean looking design. Ohshima's is interesting because it try's the hammer in the 90s edge attitude with sonic again but with the fangs and devilish smile. I can only imagine a alternate timeline where Ohshima's design was chosen.

6. Linkabel

Linkabel

So here's how "Boomer" looked liked, courtesy of Chris Stitt:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 4
    • List
  7. Powpuck

Powpuck

Could Boomer have been retooled as the Sky Chase Zone turtles? Or perhaps the Sky High Zone turtles from 8-bit Sonic 2?

8. Pengi

Pengi

Craig Stitt also posted a short video of a game called Astropede, which he talked about in his 2001 interview with ICEknight.

Some interesting new information:

9. Antheraea

Antheraea

Bug Hunter Member
    It's not visible to those outside the group it seems...?

10. Linkabel

Linkabel

Segabits posted it on their YouTube

11. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    Fetch me the best quality versions and I will add things to the wiki.

Unless someone else wants to do it. Which they totally should.

Astropede etc.

12. hmmm...

[​IMG]

13. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

I mean it's not impossible, but jump-and-fist-pump isn't the most original pose ever. In fact, it's everywhere...
    [​IMG]

It could very easily be a coincidence. AoSTH is so liberal with the source material and how much knowledge of the beta elements DiC would have had is questionable. I think it's a coincidence.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2020
  14. Oh absolutely; the Sonic CD cover, too. I don't mean to actually read anything into it, it was a single frame, I just found it slightly amusing in how well it matched in some ways.

15. Blue Spikeball

Blue Spikeball

Speaking of AoStH<>games comparisons, have these similarities between Robotnik's fortress and parts of the Little Planet map been brought up before?
    [​IMG]
    Same concepts. Giant gold Robotnik statue and a cartoony round leaning fortress with increasingly thinner floors separated by round roofs. Granted, the designs are different, but the same was true for nearly every game element that made its way to AoStH (I'm looking at Robotnik and the nigh-unrecognizable badniks and zones).

Last edited: Aug 16, 2020
  16. Pengi

Pengi

I always wondered if there was any connection with this one. It uses "In the Hall of the Mountain King" too!

17. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member

18. biggestsonicfan

biggestsonicfan

Model2wannaB Tech Member
    ALWAYS Sonic the Fighters

Combining Sega Model 1 and Model 2 while omitting Virtua Fighter 2 seems super odd. EDIT: It does say VF2 on the cab graphics oops.

What also seems odd is that typically these units run some form of a "System on a Chip" or SoC with a linux operating system with their own frontend. Especially if these are running Allwinners, there isn't enough power to run the graphics acceleration to run these games.

Virtua Fighter 2 and Fighting Vipers have recently been emulated within the Yakuza series, but seem to be running through a dll, and the audio processing was too cpu intensive to emulate, so they encoded the audio and play it separately.

Would be a hell of a feat to pull it off, but I'm giving this a 5% chance of being real.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2020
  19. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    So this is likely a coincidence but anyone else notice design similarities between this:

[​IMG]

And these fellas from the OVA:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 17, 2020
  20. Xilla

Xilla

And here we are with the Palace of Hidden:

Last edited: Aug 17, 2020