don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog Cinematic Universe Thread (& Knuckles)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, May 28, 2020.

1. Antheraea

Antheraea

Bug Hunter Member
    Ah, thank you. I remembered some anti-union shenanigans but was having a hard time finding info on it specifically. Ty!

2. I actually believe this is the route they are gonna go. Why else would Tails come find Sonic if his world was pretty nice unless something was muddying it up?

For the Sonic 2 movie, I believe Robotnik took over the mushroom planet and was able to figure out the warp rings teleporting capabilities (he studies them in the games in Sonic 3D Blast) and warp to Sonics homeworld. Once he is there with no one powerful enough to stop him, Longclaw (who was badly injured but NOT DEAD) recruits Tails to find Sonic and bring him home to save their world. Thus him showing up at the end.

They will save the Death Egg for the Sonic 3 movie and introduce Knuckles then, thus we have the movie named Sonic 3 & Knuckles.

3. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I would love if the Sonic movies ended up being a Death Egg retelling. Robotnik could find Knuckles in the Mushroom world or something and seek his help.

I'm also imagining James Marsden sleuthing around the Death Egg and I find that thought hilarious.

4. Antheraea

Antheraea

Bug Hunter Member
    oh my god. the comedic potential of having Tom "saying he was breastfed with a straight face" Wazowski finding himself in ridiculous cartoon/sci-fi situations (and thus inverting the movie's original comedic premise) would be amazing

5. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Moved a bunch of posts about the second film over from the first one's thread.

Still not seen the first, nor have any desire to.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2020
  6. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Same. I'll watch it eventually I'm sure, but the number of films that I watch in a year could be counted on one hand. That includes going to the cinema and watching at home. This film is still too expensive for me to want to bother with.

7. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    I'm not one who argues, but since this topic already has 196 pages, shouldn't a split be appropriate for easier reference instead?

8. MH MD

MH MD

There was also already a thread for the 2nd movie, so i thought any news for it was to be there from now on?

https://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?threads/sonic-the-hedgehog-2-tbd-movie-green-lit.39373/

Just so it would be easier to reference news etc in the future methinks

9. nineko

nineko

italy
    I completely forgot about that, but yeah, I personally think it would be more organised than "yeah, it was announced on page 196".

10. MrMechanic

MrMechanic

For full info, this is my video which is a full summary of everything that happened at this event. If people/mods have a problem with it, feel free to delete this post.

So around February shortly after the movie released in the west, I became aware of a major promotional event being held in Brasil of all places. So we all saw those pictures of Times Square and the London Busses and thought "That's pretty cool!" Well Brasil may have gone one better.

To promote the movie there, they transformed several large cities into Sonic Movie themed carnivals and marathons.

The set up was that people could register to race in either the serious 5k marathon, the 5k casual or the 2k fun run. Each participant would pick either to race for Team Sonic or Team Robotnik and be allocated appropriate themed racing gear.

Sonic Movie themed medals were awarded (Personally I think they look great!), Sonic Movie themed trophies were also awarded and a unique Sonic Movie mascot even attended for photos and warmup sessions.

The carnival had a bunch of games for people to play and Tec Toy also had a showcase of some of their products.

Now the bad news.

These marathons were held just as Covid-19 began to cause many countries in Europe to go into Lockdown, as a result the final marathon was cancelled due to Covid Lockdown rules came into force in Brasil (I know, I know what the government is doing there right now and it's... bad), so the final marathon hasn't been run yet, but it seems that all the medals made for that event were made and are just randomly sitting in storage somewhere.

Anyway... References!

Official Website

TecToy's Coverage.

Most of the video I use in my vid, but there is some delivery to camera which I can't translate.

There's a few 'home movies' on youtube for this event, unfortunately the vast majority are quite bad. I don't mean not HD and not filmed to a professional level. I mean... Most of them have TONS of really bad special effects and transitions edited in, the ones which don't have that have a lot of 'close up of my random family member.'

if you are curious search for "Corrida Sonic 5k" which brings up most hits.

11. Xilla

Xilla

If the poster for the sequel doesn't have a giant Jim Carrey crushing a giant 2 with his bare hands then they're doing it wrong :V

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  12. Overlord

Overlord

Long-term happiness
    My mistake - I likewise had entirely forgotten a thread for it already existed. Posts about the second film moved over.

13. Antheraea

Antheraea

Bug Hunter Member
    I'm hoping that the demonstrated success of the first film means that Paramount stops being such misers with the budget and lets the team do the crazy CG stuff they wanted to do in the first movie but couldn't due to the aforemented Paramount being misers and telling them they had no money for it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  14. nineko

nineko

italy
    You know, they should make two more sequels, call the fourth movie "Sonic & Knuckles", and provide it with lock-on technology™, so we can rewatch this one with Knuckles as the main character instead of Sonic.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2020
    • Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. MY BOI

16. Mecha Sally

Mecha Sally

Oldbie
  17. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    Man, I'd love this. Introducing cheesy rock to a whole new generation of Sonic fan :V

18. Overlord

Overlord

Long-term happiness
    All I see there is Johnny going "I'd like to be involved", doesn't mean they have any intention of doing so...

19. qwertysonic

qwertysonic

creating the biggest sonic collection
    Crush 40 scoring the movie would be awesome.