don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog IDW Comic Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Jan 22, 2018.

1. IKR? The damn arc has been going on since issue 13! It'll be finally over and done with it after issue 29 as that's the final issue of the arc.

2. Pengi

Pengi

3. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
  4. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    Wow. That piece is friggin' beautiful.

5. Pengi

Pengi

6. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    Issue #29 is out now with ABT goodness all the way through. It’s pretty succinct in dealing with the resolution but it’s great to finally see Super Sonic show up, with Super Silver no less. Also novel seeing Sonic and Metal work together.

That cliffhanger though...

+ - I doubt Sonic will be gone all that long but I’m interested in seeing where Ian and Evan will take this plot, especially since Sonic once had an extended absence back in the Archie comic.  

Just let our blue boy sleep for a week.

Edit: + - Queuing up Solaris Phase 2 for *that* page was definitely a good idea. My god Zavok got absolutely punked lmao. Sonic is done with all this.  

Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
  7. Roller

Roller

21331 LEGO Ideas Sonic the Hedgehog, Ring Racers (SRB2Kart 2)
    The pandemic completely benching the comic didn't help the pacing of the arc, but goddang does it make an issue like this way more satisfying. Always great to see all the characters interacting, and VERY much happy about no more doom and gloom for the forseeable future.
    The benching Sonic thing is a neat hook.

Can't wait to see what's next!

8. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    I find it great that they had Super Sonic just beat seven shades of s**t out of Zavok within a second, and explains away why he doesn't just do that with other fights with "We don't have time to be flashy."

Really emphasises that Super Sonic is damn powerful, and the only reason anything lasts longer than a second against the form is because Sonic is just playing around with them.

9. BSonirachi

BSonirachi

Wiki Sysop
    It's very satisfying seeing him absolutely wipe the floor with Poundland Bowser Zavok in just one second, but what would have made it even more satisfying, at least for me, would be to show Zavok land on the Zombots and get swarmed in a panel or two. Cathartic justice.

10. BlackHole

BlackHole

England
    Complaining
    Actually, wasn't he picking them up and tossing them? I guess he was already infected, or his control was extended to the virus itself, so you could take solice in that Zavok was in pain before Super Sonic and Super Silver took the virus away completely.

11. BSonirachi

BSonirachi

Wiki Sysop
    Arguably, yeah, picking them up like that would infect him, but there strangely isn't any infection shown in his palms.

12. Starduster

Starduster

Britain
    Crazy thought occurred to me last night regarding that cliffhanger.

So the cover for #32 shows a firey silhouette dropping from the sky. While I don’t think it’s a given, the logical assumption would be that’s Blaze. We also know that the Warp Topaz is/was capable of warping reality to an extreme degree. Perhaps Sonic somehow ended up switching from places with Blaze and now each is trapped in the other’s dimension? Would be a decent time to introduce everybody’s favourite character Marine. I don’t think this is the most sound of theories however since the figure on that cover looks more like a flaming hedgehog than anything else and why would they need to obscure Blaze returning?

13. Rudie Radio Waves

Rudie Radio Waves

Italy
    Many a game.
    I took some time to reread all the issues and wow, the story flows so much better like this! I thoroughly enjoyed the whole thing.

14. Starduster

Starduster

Britain
    So we’ve got a new cover for issue #31
    [​IMG]
    Probably nothing but could hopefully a reimagining of the original SatAM crew and setting is on the cards as a possibility at least. Wouldn’t want them grafted over to the new continuity as is but I know a lot of people like these characters.

Attached Files:

15. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    Ooh, interesting! Anyone know the significance of the date?

16. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Sonic Riders came out in Japan that day.

I'd like seeing the Archie gang back... in a very very VERY restricted role. They've had their time in the spotlight, off to supporting cast you go. Or this could be another out of universe nod like name dropping the Hooligans in issue 3

17. Pengi

Pengi

https://twitter.com/jongraywb/status/1291175070321303553

This might be splitting hairs a bit, but we should probably make the distinction between the cartoon characters and the Archie characters.

In his podcast, Ian has said that the Archie-original characters are almost certainly gone for good.

He's also said that should the cartoon characters (Princess Sally, Bunnie, Rotor, Antoine etc.) ever become available to the IDW series, they wouldn't be the Archie versions or use any of the lore that was original to the Archie comics.

I'm pretty sure Ian said that he wrote that line before he was informed that Fang/Bark/Bean were now Classic Sonic exclusive.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  18. BlackHole

BlackHole

England
    Complaining
    Funny thing is, the state of the comic now would be a perfect time to introduce the Freedom Fighters of SatAM, considering the entire premise of Sonic Forces was resisting the Eggman Empire's takeover. Just have them be a fringe group who operated from a forest base and boom, people have the Freedom Fighters back and in a role pretty much how they were in the original and Archie states.

They don't need to be a focus, just have a neat little shoutout to them.

19. Trickster's Joke

Trickster's Joke

I felt like the story was kinda long in the tooth and got repetitive.
    Do any of you all watch the bumblekasts? When Ian is asked about shadow you can hear the exasperation and just disappointment in his voice. Its sad

20. BlackHole

BlackHole

England
    Complaining
    I have. It's where I learned Shadow and Team Dark were never affiliated with G.U.N. You know, despite them calling him Agent Shadow in Sonic the Hedgehog (2006). Which, despite being erased from the timeline, wouldn't stop the training the game states happened years ago.