don't click here

MegaMan 7 Planned for Sega Mega CD or Saturn?

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by Leonkh, Jul 19, 2020.

1. Leonkh

Leonkh

So... a bit of an interesting find.

In the Australian Classification Board's website, there exists an entry for MegaMan 7 separate from the SNES release which lists the media type as "CD-ROM".

https://www.classification.gov.au/titles/megaman-7-0

The applicant appears to be "Sega Ozisoft Pty Ltd", the same applicant listed for other SEGA releases in Australia at the time up to the Dreamcast era (wherein the Applicant's simply listed as "Ozisoft Pty Ltd").

2. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    Ozisoft distributed a lot of PC games around that time.

Wikipedia is currently claiming there is a Windows port of Mega Man 7. I'm not sure that there is, but someone seems to think so.

3. Captain L

Captain L

The guy who likes Shadow the Hedgehog Member
    Waiting for the coming of the Great White Hankerchief
    Only in the sense that it's available on Mega Man Legacy Collection 2. I don't know why none of the other collection platforms are listed, but the game most definitely wasn't ported elsewhere until Anniversary Collection in 2004, and has never been released on CD, if we're taking that literally.

4. Leonkh

Leonkh

I thought it could be that but no, the entry was made in 1995 so there's that to take into account.

5. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    Well Mega Man X3 did get a Saturn/PS1/PC release, perhaps at some point Capcom was going to give Mega Man 7 that same treatment. Or someone mistakenly listed Mega Man X3 as Mega Man 7, since X3 did come out in 1995. :V